Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K13

Thanks

Default Re: NBA 2K13

anyone wanna get an online association goin???

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beanie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,509 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Don't do it, they're terrible. The rosters aren't updated and you have to wait so damn long to do stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    Don't do it, they're terrible. The rosters aren't updated and you have to wait so damn long to do stuff.
    Agree and disagree.

Last year was basically a tester for this game, which is what I expected. This year they adjusted it a lot better, they allow the commish of the league to advance the league one week, or advance the league how much they please until the end. Yes you have to wait at least 24 hours before the playoffs start, and then the offseason stuff takes a little time, but overall it's a lot better than last year.

Main thing is.. Don't play on pro whatsoever. People in my league aren't used to the game, so I said whatever.. We'll play on pro. I had to deal with chucking of threes nonstop with James Harden, Ty Lawson, etc. The guy that owns Rudy Gay usually never misses a shot with him, either.

Best case is to start a league with a few people, not a ton, that actually want to play basketball.. Not NBA Live bull shit.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,509 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsRules View Post
    Agree and disagree.

Last year was basically a tester for this game, which is what I expected. This year they adjusted it a lot better, they allow the commish of the league to advance the league one week, or advance the league how much they please until the end. Yes you have to wait at least 24 hours before the playoffs start, and then the offseason stuff takes a little time, but overall it's a lot better than last year.

Main thing is.. Don't play on pro whatsoever. People in my league aren't used to the game, so I said whatever.. We'll play on pro. I had to deal with chucking of threes nonstop with James Harden, Ty Lawson, etc. The guy that owns Rudy Gay usually never misses a shot with him, either.

Best case is to start a league with a few people, not a ton, that actually want to play basketball.. Not NBA Live bull shit.
    I know you can unlock all of the games, that's what I do. But waiting 24 hours for the playoffs, prior to the draft, and prior to the start of the new season is just awful. I've also had drafted players just randomly disappear out of the league entirely and have offered FAs during the season contracts where their interest bar is all the way full, yet they don't sign and are still a FA when I advance a week. They obviously need to improve some things with it, but the idea is great. This years version is still awful though.
    Last edited by BimboColesHair; 02-23-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Thanks

Is there a list of signature skills that players will develop over time? Will increasing certain ratings lead to the development of sig skills? For example, I made a fantasy team with a lot of young players, and would like to know what skills they will develop. It would also be helpful to how my offseason attribute increases (training camps ) will influence what skills they develop. The main young guys on my team are paul george, harrison barnes, andre drummond, tristan thompson, anthony davis, marcus thorton, deandre jordan. I'll probably be trading jordan to increase my cap space so I can sign chris paul. I'm also using clecavsfan7's draft class for the upcoming draft. Anyone ever used it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    I know you can unlock all of the games, that's what I do. But waiting 24 hours for the playoffs, prior to the draft, and prior to the start of the new season is just awful. I've also had drafted players just randomly disappear out of the league entirely and have offered FAs during the season contracts where their interest bar is all the way full, yet they don't sign and are still a FA when I advance a week. They obviously need to improve some things with it, but the idea is great. This years version is still awful though.
    Oh they definitely need to improve a ton of shit.

You can cheat in free agency and sign basically anybody for $507K. I've signed Iggy, James Harden, and Dwight Howard to 1-year deals for that amount, so it's pretty cheap. They know they have a ton of shit to adjust and fix, but it's a process. I think year 2 has been a lot more successful than the last, and I only expect it to improve.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsRules View Post
    Agree and disagree.

Oh so, Boobie doesn't hit every shot anymore? And you can't own by driving and kicking with Kinsey?
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Oh so, Boobie doesn't hit every shot anymore? And you can't own by driving and kicking with Kinsey?
    Actually, all you need is a superstar and you're going to make nearly every shot.

That, and on my player black top people just run around and chuck threes. So, NBA Live is still alive..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 563 Posts

Oh my God. Everything is a reach in foul.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyMP3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMP3 View Post
    I rarely ever attempt a steal since the patch changed this. Steals we're too easy before, now you're lucky if you don't get a foul.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

Thanks
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 1,628 Posts

Only time I try to steal is when I have a dude with a high steal rating against a guy that has like a 25 protection rating.

So, unless I have Kyrie going against Kwame Brown, I don't attempt steals that often.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMP3 View Post
    Moving the right stick in the direction of the pass works better. Don't just spam the steal button when the offensive player isn't moving, try to steal when they start driving and use a defensive player with the sig skill for that (active hands I think)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to the_chief For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Roster update from last night.

Finally Waiters got a boost, he is now a 77 overall, while his main competition Beal remains a 75 overall.

Speights goes -1 and is a 69 overall. Still no love for TT, 68 overall still. I personally think he should be a 73 overall.

Some other improvements around the league include Curry (85) Parker (87).
    "I have missed over 9,000 shots, lost over 300 games. I have been trusted to take the game-winning shot 26 times, and missed. And that is why I succeed." -- Michael Jordan

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MVP_Eric_10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MVP_Eric_10 View Post
    Roster update from last night.

Finally Waiters got a boost, he is now a 77 overall, while his main competition Beal remains a 75 overall.

Speights goes -1 and is a 69 overall. Still no love for TT, 68 overall still. I personally think he should be a 73 overall.

Some other improvements around the league include Curry (85) Parker (87).
    Fucking YES!!!

No TT bump is disappointing but I will gladly take one for Waiters.

Rookie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Lets get this going! There are some pretty damn good draft class downloads that span all the way through '17. I'd like to get at least a 10 team league together. Since we're Cavs fans and given our current mindset, I' d like to gear this towards multiple simulated years (team building, simulate majority of games, trades, drafting, etc.) more-so then straight gameplay. A couple of ideas for league rules I have:

-Fantasy serpentine draft (each team must have draft at least two veterans with 8+ years in the league. In my experience everyone goes for the rooks and youngins and the vets go super late/undrafted. This would just make it more realistic imo) We could draw names from a hat to see who gets the Cavs
    -Everyone plays each other once during the reg. season and the rest get simulated.
    -Playoff series are best of 5, owners can choose to play two games a series and the rest get simulated
    -I'm still trying to come up with some anti-tank deterrents. I was thinking the best way would be to cap the league at a 5 year simulated lifespan. Owners would get a certain amount of points for accomplishments (i.e. playoff appearances, championships, best reg. season record, etc.) The owner with the most points is the overall winner. I'm open to a small amount of $ being involved since it would increases activity and competitiveness.

I have a lot more ideas but I'd like to get everyone's input and see if we even have enough interest. This is a perfect time of year to start an association considering the #1 topic of interest on RCF will be the upcoming draft. My favorite part of 2K games has always been putting on the GM hat and building dynasties. I know there have been really good 2K leagues on RCF in the past from my years of lurking. Any veterans of these leagues are welcome to volunteer to be the commish.

DISCUSS!