View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

    19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

    129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

    9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

    24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

    30 14.08%
  • Other---

    2 0.94%
Page 23 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

  1. #331
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked 831 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    From what little I've seen of McAdoo at UNC, he doesn't look like a SF at all.

    Concerning the rest of the 2013 draft - I think it's almost certain that we will be in position to draft either an elite SF or C prospect.
    I just don't know who the elite SF would be. I don't really see it.

  2. #332
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 302 Times in 110 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    McAdoo comes off as a Shawn Marion type to me. I'll definitely catch a few UNC games this season with his new star role.

  3. #333
    1234567890 Numbers Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    Eligibility problems might cause Shabazz to drop in the draft a few spots. Could bode well for us if we finish 5-8 or so.
    Doubt it. Kyrie played 11 games, still went #1. Kanter didn't play a single game and still went 3rd. Once teams get Shabazz in for workouts.. they'll realize he's too good to pass up.

  4. #334
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 304 Times in 182 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    Doubt it. Kyrie played 11 games, still went #1. Kanter didn't play a single game and still went 3rd. Once teams get Shabazz in for workouts.. they'll realize he's too good to pass up.
    agreed, kanter went 3 and i belive shabazz is a better regarded prospect and he will look good next to kyrie and dwait

  5. #335
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked 831 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Well, after watching that game, one thing is very clear. This team needs someone who can score from the SF position. Gee, Miles, etc. will not cut it. That may just be the glaring weakness on the team moving forward.

    We have 2 young potential stars in the back-court. We have youth and athleticism at the 4 and 5 positions. Do we really want Alonzo Gee taking 8-10 shots a game? Ew.

  6. #336
    All Star howler1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    2,873
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Well, after watching that game, one thing is very clear. This team needs someone who can score from the SF position. Gee, Miles, etc. will not cut it. That may just be the glaring weakness on the team moving forward.

    We have 2 young potential stars in the back-court. We have youth and athleticism at the 4 and 5 positions. Do we really want Alonzo Gee taking 8-10 shots a game? Ew.
    SF with a corner 3 is a must. Doesn't even need to be our first pick, could be someone like a John Jenkins from Vandy. Whenever Kyrie or Dion drove into the lane tonight, we left so many points on the floor because of poor spacing and an inability to hit that corner 3.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:


  8. #337
    Veteran Cavatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    5,606
    Thanks
    6,455
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 786 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Well, after watching that game, one thing is very clear. This team needs someone who can score from the SF position. Gee, Miles, etc. will not cut it. That may just be the glaring weakness on the team moving forward.

    We have 2 young potential stars in the back-court. We have youth and athleticism at the 4 and 5 positions. Do we really want Alonzo Gee taking 8-10 shots a game? Ew.
    Gee was excellent defensively. He really harassed the Wiz. He was playing outside himself on offense, and Ariza is a pretty good defender.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cavatt For This Useful Post:


  10. #338
    1234567890 Numbers Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    SF with a corner 3 is a must. Doesn't even need to be our first pick, could be someone like a John Jenkins from Vandy. Whenever Kyrie or Dion drove into the lane tonight, we left so many points on the floor because of poor spacing and an inability to hit that corner 3.
    Agreed. The glaring weakness is not at the SF spot.. its that we have no low post presence. The SF spot can be filled by some random free agent who can stand at the 3 pt line. Hopefully, we can dig out a post player in the draft next year .. This is probably the first time I've only got one foot in on the TT bandwagon. JV could have been that guy. Too late now. Maybe Steven Adams is a realistic pick for us.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:


  12. #339
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,441
    Thanks
    5,852
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 2,877 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Just realize this team will not have an All Star at every position. I think a dynamic big who can defend and score (esp in the post..) is more important than an SF.

  13. #340
    All Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Heart of it All
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    3,939
    Thanked 3,491 Times in 934 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    I'd keep an eye on Isaiah Austin from Baylor this year. Legit 7 footer who shoot from around 18 feet. The knock on him is that he's a little bit soft but he's got great physical attributes.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to NorthCoastBias For This Useful Post:


  15. #341
    Veteran Saor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio/Scotland
    Posts
    7,455
    Thanks
    2,915
    Thanked 8,329 Times in 2,501 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    McAdoo and Zeller seem like guys Grant would have high on his board. Of course we have a long way to go.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Saor For This Useful Post:


  17. #342
    Potential Legendary UncleDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The 906
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    2,108
    Thanked 679 Times in 268 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    McAdoo all the way! But its way too early to be hoping for the draft!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleDrew For This Useful Post:


  19. #343
    All Star howler1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    2,873
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Does anyone have a good scouting report on Rudy Gobert? I know absolutely nothing about him, but his size and length would be mighty tempting on the Cavs...

  20. #344
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 272 Times in 109 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    Does anyone have a good scouting report on Rudy Gobert? I know absolutely nothing about him, but his size and length would be mighty tempting on the Cavs...
    Super super super super super raw.
    Only reason he's considered a first round pick is size and length.

  21. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    1,230
    Thanked 776 Times in 337 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    From what little I've seen of McAdoo at UNC, he doesn't look like a SF at all.

    Concerning the rest of the 2013 draft - I think it's almost certain that we will be in position to draft either an elite SF or C prospect.
    It looks like a big if mock drafts are at all dependable this year. I was looking for future SF's noted by mock drafts in their top 10 the other day. Bupkis.

    I generally don't trust mock drafts, but an ofer?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •