View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 24 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    Does anyone have a good scouting report on Rudy Gobert? I know absolutely nothing about him, but his size and length would be mighty tempting on the Cavs...
    I'll go more in depth when I have more time on Sunday, but I'll say that Rudy Gobert is going to surprise many people. His wingspan will measure the largest in NBA combine history (7'9") while standing 7'2" himself. He's VERY light in the britches, but has show advanced athleticism for his age/position and a willingness to stick his nose down low--even if he's not yet strong enough to hold his own. He's got a few decent moves with his back to the basket, but won't be confused for Hakeem Olajuwon. His bread and butter will be as a defender--both man-to-man and off the ball. By the time he's found his groove, he'll lead the League in blocks. Other than a few simple moves (jump hooks, mostly), he's incredibly raw on offense and won't be confused for a hybrid-big man than can play both the 4 and 5. Think of a Tyson Chandler-like player.

As far as center prospects for the 2013 NBA Draft go, he'd be my #2 prospect behind only Steven Adams. Yes, I'd put Cody Zeller behind both Adams and Gobert, and put Nerlens Noel after them all. I'm in the distinct minority feeling that way, but I think Adams and Gobert will be REALLY good, and I think Zeller will be decent and Noel will be a big disappointment.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adam81king For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 383 Posts

From CBS News Los Angeles (11/1): UCLA’s Top Recruit Shabazz Muhammad Looks To Be Cleared Any Day

The rest of the article, however, doesn't seem to elaborate on this headline
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...eared-any-day/

Either way I think Shabazz is a lock to go top 3 and is more than likely going #1 barring a historical season from Cody Zeller or an Anthony Davis type display from Nerlens Noel.
    Shabazz is an incredible scorer with a terrific motor, excellent athleticism, and good length: he has the makings of an elite NBA wing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    I'll go more in depth when I have more time on Sunday, but I'll say that Rudy Gobert is going to surprise many people. His wingspan will measure the largest in NBA combine history (7'9") while standing 7'2" himself. He's VERY light in the britches, but has show advanced athleticism for his age/position and a willingness to stick his nose down low--even if he's not yet strong enough to hold his own. He's got a few decent moves with his back to the basket, but won't be confused for Hakeem Olajuwon. His bread and butter will be as a defender--both man-to-man and off the ball. By the time he's found his groove, he'll lead the League in blocks. Other than a few simple moves (jump hooks, mostly), he's incredibly raw on offense and won't be confused for a hybrid-big man than can play both the 4 and 5. Think of a Tyson Chandler-like player.

As far as center prospects for the 2013 NBA Draft go, he'd be my #2 prospect behind only Steven Adams. Yes, I'd put Cody Zeller behind both Adams and Gobert, and put Nerlens Noel after them all. I'm in the distinct minority feeling that way, but I think Adams and Gobert will be REALLY good, and I think Zeller will be decent and Noel will be a big disappointment.
    Does he have good scouting tape against any decent opposition? I'm a big fan of bigs either being superior athletically or physically, it helps them out a ton. Most dominant bigs either have one of the two as well as being incredibly skilled (I know there are exceptions). I personally have some reservations against Zeller as a top 5 pick. Will he be at the very least a good role player? Undoubtedly. I don't know if he can be a star.

Rising Star
    Thanks

I think we are going after a big and a depth option with our second pick. The SF will come in 14 and we have had him before.

Thanks

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/kosarka...-clanak-471133

cleveland is tracking dario šarić. ilgauskas is coming to split to watch his training

he's great prospect, has a talent to be a lottery pick in every draft

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caniggia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

I think he is a mix between Micheal Redd, Steve Smith and Latrell Sprewell. Not a superstar (top 10 nba player) but am all star (top 20 nba player) who will average 20-22 a night in his prime. I think we will win way too many games to get our hands on him though!
    Now Dario Saric has great form on his jumper is 6'10 and has good ball handling skills. I think he could be a very nice role player who averages 15-17 a night, but not right away. Reminds me of the Gallanari actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT View Post
    From CBS News Los Angeles (11/1): UCLA’s Top Recruit Shabazz Muhammad Looks To Be Cleared Any Day

The rest of the article, however, doesn't seem to elaborate on this headline
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...eared-any-day/

Either way I think Shabazz is a lock to go top 3 and is more than likely going #1 barring a historical season from Cody Zeller or an Anthony Davis type display from Nerlens Noel.
    Shabazz is an incredible scorer with a terrific motor, excellent athleticism, and good length: he has the makings of an elite NBA wing.
    Last edited by ajz20; 11-03-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

By the way, what do you gyus think of CJ Leslie. Does he have all star upside, or his he just a guy with some size who will a bit above average?

Thanks
    Thanked 28,933 Times in 9,248 Posts

Guys who go by initials never succeed in the NBA. For that reason, he will fail. Avoid.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

Thanks
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 2,504 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    By the way, what do you gyus think of CJ Leslie. Does he have all star upside, or his he just a guy with some size who will a bit above average?
    I don't see an all star. I think a great rotation player who will offer versatility to a team. Thaddeus Young like IMO.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    Guys who go by initials never succeed in the NBA. For that reason, he will fail. Avoid.
    Ok I have crossed him off the list. I just watched Isiah Austin's interview from Draftexpress. Grant and Gilbert are going to fall in love with his character. I love his jumper and the way he moves filling the lane and his wing span on d. He adds another 15 pounds and he is the third best player in this draft behind Muhmamad and Zeller. In fact he may have more upside than Zeller if he wants it bad enough. I see alot of Aldridge in this kid. Didn't realize how long and fluid he is. He gets a strength coach to really work on his lower and upper body and for the next 12-24 months than this kid has a chance to be stud by his early 20's. Zeller is much better now, but I can see him surpassing Zeller 3 years from now.
    Last edited by ajz20; 11-03-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 775 Posts

Austin really needs to add about 30 pounds of muscle to compete in the NBA. He will die in the NBA.
    When in doubt, step up the defense

Thanks
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 2,504 Posts

For the Cavs to develop into a contender, they need to add three more things.

1) They need a strong defensive wing who can hit open shots. Kyrie and Waiters will be able to penetrate but it doesn't seem that either one will be a great defensive player. Therefore, given that most teams most dynamic player is a wing, the Cavs will need to find a guy that can slow him down. McAdoo would be a player I'd see the Cavs having an interest in to fill this role.

2) We need a big that can score on his own and is a offensive threat. The Cavs have invested two first round picks in bigs. I think the Cavs see Tristan as their defensive and energy big man. But dreams of him being comfortable shooting jumpers or having a traditional post game are unrealistic. Zeller has no glaring weakness. However, he has no obvious special skills. He can shoot a bit, run a bit, post up a bit etc. He can start for you and do pretty well. He can come off the bench and fill a role. I think this is what made him so appealing to the Cavs. If a safe pick existed, Zeller would be it. His size and shooting will keep him in the league 10 years if not more. I think Leuer is in the same mold of player of Zeller and can see him being a 4th big. However, not one of those guys is a primary offensive option. Therefore the Cavs will be taking long looks at guys like Cody Zeller and Isaiah Austin to become a dynamic scoring big.

3) Depth. The Cavs need to raise the talent level of their bench. Of course adding impact players make current starters bench players. I think given the Cavs approach to second round picks, or lack thereof, they believe this is a better strategy. Don't draft guys to be bench players. Instead draft stars to make your current starters bench players.

Therefore, I expect that the Cavs will adopt a similar draft approach in 2013 in which they target two strong players. I think we will draft somewhere around 4-6. We will also have a pick around 25 and two second rounders. This is setting up to be very similar to our last draft. Personally I hope we can snag a dynamic big first and then grab a strong defensive wing. My ideal draft right now? Isaiah Austin PF and Otto Porter SF.

Irving
    Waiters
    Porter
    Austin/Thompson
    Zeller

If all develop properly, that could be a core of a championship team.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I think we are going after a big and a depth option with our second pick. The SF will come in 14 and we have had him before.
    when we trade av for the raptors pick we will get a top 2 pick and get shabazz for sf then get rudy gobert or isaiah austin at 8-10 pick.

well at least thats what i dream about

17. The Following User Says Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post:

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

Raps pick is 1-4:14-30 protected. It needs to land in the 5-13 range. Im still sticking with us landing adonis thomas.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    I think he is a mix between Micheal Redd, Steve Smith and Latrell Sprewell. Not a superstar (top 10 nba player) but am all star (top 20 nba player) who will average 20-22 a night in his prime. I think we will win way too many games to get our hands on him though!
    Now Dario Saric has great form on his jumper is 6'10 and has good ball handling skills. I think he could be a very nice role player who averages 15-17 a night, but not right away. Reminds me of the Gallanari actually.
    Šarić can play 1-4 position. I watched him on Euro u-18 championship in August when Croatia won gold medal and he looked like a mix of kevin durant and toni kukoč didnt saw such domination quite long. of course, it is much weaker competition then nba, but the kid has great potential. if he would be available on 17th pick like tyler zeller this year, it would be absolute steal. no matter will he enter the draft in 2013 or 2014

20. The Following User Says Thank You to caniggia For This Useful Post: