View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 26 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 597 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    Watching the highlights of Tony Mitchell, I can't help but think that he's the prospect Chris Grant had in mind when he drafted TT. If you can work on his motor and basketball IQ, he could be incredible.

From what you said, you think he is a 4? Dude looks like he has unlimited potential. Chris Grants kind of prospect.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,448 Times in 1,505 Posts

Had an interesting thought today about all the Center prospects in the draft.

If the Cavs keep up their play, they may not be in a place for a top 5 pick, but if you look at the teams the (at the moment) look like they might be rounding out the top 5 lotto picks, a couple of them have long term big men that they probably won't be trying to replace.

Toronto: Valanciunas
    Detroit: Drummond, Monroe
    Sacramento: Cousins

If those teams end up with a pick where BPA is a center, they may be willing to move the pick for pieces they need more, and we've got some assets to deal in a two or three team trade to boost these struggling teams.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    Had an interesting thought today about all the Center prospects in the draft.

If the Cavs keep up their play, they may not be in a place for a top 5 pick, but if you look at the teams the (at the moment) look like they might be rounding out the top 5 lotto picks, a couple of them have long term big men that they probably won't be trying to replace.

Toronto: Valanciunas
    Detroit: Drummond, Monroe
    Sacramento: Cousins

If those teams end up with a pick where BPA is a center, they may be willing to move the pick for pieces they need more, and we've got some assets to deal in a two or three team trade to boost these struggling teams.
    Have faith in the tank. We started off playing decently last season as well, and look at how that turned out. If Varejao is traded and/or injuries happen, things might get a little bit ugly.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    From what you said, you think he is a 4? Dude looks like he has unlimited potential. Chris Grants kind of prospect.
    I hope he's Chris Grant's kind of prospect. Some sites list him as a SF/PF hybrid since he's a bit undersized at 6"8.5 and he can shoot from outside. Thing is, he's got a 7 foot 3 wingspan and jumps out of the gym, so I don't think size is a problem. The level of competition will be a question mark for him, as well as his attitude, but we're talking about an elite athlete with legitimate basketball skills. If we fall outside the no-doubt prospects, I can't see why we shouldn't take a flyer on a guy like him. If any situation is out there where he can succeed, it'll be putting him next to gym rats like Dion and young leaders like Kyrie.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    I hope he's Chris Grant's kind of prospect. Some sites list him as a SF/PF hybrid since he's a bit undersized at 6"8.5 and he can shoot from outside. Thing is, he's got a 7 foot 3 wingspan and jumps out of the gym, so I don't think size is a problem. The level of competition will be a question mark for him, as well as his attitude, but we're talking about an elite athlete with legitimate basketball skills. If we fall outside the no-doubt prospects, I can't see why we shouldn't take a flyer on a guy like him. If any situation is out there where he can succeed, it'll be putting him next to gym rats like Dion and young leaders like Kyrie.
    I've been the #1 Tony Mitchell (along with Steven Adams and Rudy Gobert) fan for the last 3yrs--at least on this board. My scouting of him is as a full-time small forward. His ball-handling isn't quite LeBron James-worthy and he's strong, long and well-built. At 6'9" in shoes and a 7'3" wingspan, with his ability to block shots, I can see why scouts may view him as a 4. However, in my mind, he's got the lateral quickness, end-to-end quickness, perimeter game, versatility and scoring to play on the wing. His defense, rebounding and tenacity are bonuses at any position--especially as a small forward. Please, don't take this as me saying he's going to be as good as LeBron James, but I think Mitchell has athleticism on par with LBJ in a package with very similar dimensions. Mitchell is far behind in ball handling and passion/vision, compared to James. He doesn't score as well as James, either. But, speed, running and jumping is pretty close between the two.

My hopes are the Cavaliers get at least one of Tony Mitchell, Steven Adams, Rudy Gobert or Dario Saric in the 2013 NBA Draft.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    I've been the #1 Tony Mitchell (along with Steven Adams and Rudy Gobert) fan for the last 3yrs--at least on this board. My scouting of him is as a full-time small forward. His ball-handling isn't quite LeBron James-worthy and he's strong, long and well-built. At 6'9" in shoes and a 7'3" wingspan, with his ability to block shots, I can see why scouts may view him as a 4. However, in my mind, he's got the lateral quickness, end-to-end quickness, perimeter game, versatility and scoring to play on the wing. His defense, rebounding and tenacity are bonuses at any position--especially as a small forward. Please, don't take this as me saying he's going to be as good as LeBron James, but I think Mitchell has athleticism on par with LBJ in a package with very similar dimensions. Mitchell is far behind in ball handling and passion/vision, compared to James. He doesn't score as well as James, either. But, speed, running and jumping is pretty close between the two.

My hopes are the Cavaliers get at least one of Tony Mitchell, Steven Adams, Rudy Gobert or Dario Saric in the 2013 NBA Draft.
    Id rather play him at the 4. He is the same height as TT with more weight and a longer wingspan so size isnt close to being an issue as it has held TT back much. Having him at the 4 would space out the floor more with him and zeller hitting 15ft jump shots, he would be deadly in a pick and roll with either one of our guards because of his athletisicm and he doesnt do the catch gather wait 5 second then go up move TT does, he looks to have blake griffin like jumping ability. Also his defense isnt that bad and he is a good shot blocker.

with the lakers pick and an av trade we would be able to move up and down the draft for small fowards like thomas, poythress, and potter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Id rather play him at the 4. He is the same height as TT with more weight and a longer wingspan so size isnt close to being an issue as it has held TT back much. Having him at the 4 would space out the floor more with him and zeller hitting 15ft jump shots, he would be deadly in a pick and roll with either one of our guards because of his athletisicm and he doesnt do the catch gather wait 5 second then go up move TT does, he looks to have blake griffin like jumping ability. Also his defense isnt that bad and he is a good shot blocker.

with the lakers pick and an av trade we would be able to move up and down the draft for small fowards like thomas, poythress, and potter
    I see what you're getting at in regards to Mitchell but I think if you put him at the 4 you lose one of things he is best at, which is probably the most underated part of Mitchell's game as well, and that is passing

Unless you bank on Mitchell playing the majority of offensive trips in the high post

Boss of all Bosses Goldin Brown's Avatar
    Thanks

Tony Mitchell is intriguing, but obviously has a long way to go in terms of his understanding of the game. Seems a bit to me like a guy who is taking advantage of some weaker competition with his ridiculous length and athleticism. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on though as he's got that immense upside if he can put it all together.

The guy I really like, who I think would be a great fit, is Otto Porter. Seems a little Tayshaun Prince/Nic Batum like with his body type and style of play. Looks like he understands the game really well and has a good skill level for someone his age. I haven't looked at any of the centers yet, but Porter is my favorite prospect as far as fit. I think he would be excellent in Cleveland.

GET POOPED ON KID Dodger Champion Feed The King Champion Grab the Green Champion Pretty Kitty Champion Bubble Jumper Champion Master Mahjongg Champion HACKER Champion Blockdown Champion Find the keys Champion Pretty Puppies Puzzles Champion Mega Bounce Champion 2mazed Champion Quadratical Champion NtG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 597 Posts

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NtG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So what are his options for this year? D-League or Euros? Or can he stay and practice with the team like Kanter did?

Thanks

Seems like Shabazz's eligibility is still being determined, or at least appealled. Obviously, things don't look good, but to say he's out for the year seems a bit premature.

Shabazz Muhammad ineligible
    Updated: November 9, 2012, 11:24 PM ET
    By Peter Yoon | ESPNLosAngeles.com

LOS ANGELES -- UCLA freshman Shabazz Muhammad has been declared ineligible for competition after a lengthy NCAA investigation determined he had committed a violation of the NCAA's amateurism rules.

An NCAA news release Friday night stated: "Muhammad is not eligible to compete in (Friday's) game due to violations of NCAA amateurism rules," and it made no mention of future games.

UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero said Friday night before UCLA's season opener that he only knows that Muhammad has been declared ineligible at this time.

Guerrero said the school would immediately appeal the NCAA decision and seek to have Muhammad reinstated. If the NCAA reinstates Muhammad, a specific penalty, including number of games, would be issued, Guerrero said.

"First, things first, we're looking to challenge the decision in the appropriate manner and we'll do that," Guerrero said. "Right now, the only determination that was made ... was that there were violations of amateurism."

Muhammad, the national high school player of the year last year and the top recruit in a UCLA class ranked No. 1 in the country, was found to have accepted travel and lodging during three unofficial visits to two NCAA member schools, the NCAA statement said.

Those visits were to Duke and North Carolina and were paid for by a family friend, a source unauthorized to speak publicly on the matter said. The friend, a financial advisor, is the brother of an assistant coach of Muhammad's high school team in Las Vegas.

The NCAA allows for such benefits provided they come from someone with a pre-existing family relationship. Guerrero said the NCAA deemed the relationship with Muhammad's family and the financial advisor fell outside those parameters.

"It was determined that that relationship would not have allowed the support from that individual to allow the family to receive the benefits that they got," Guerrero said.

The NCAA statement said the organization had reviewed "thousands of pages of information" and that it had interviewed Muhammad's parents last week. The NCAA rendered its decision "within hours" after consulting with UCLA on Friday afternoon.

The NCAA said it had requested documents on July 31 but did not start receiving the documents until Sept. 25. It received more on Oct. 10 and "additional critical information" on Nov. 1.

"We believe the decision is incorrect and unjust to Shabazz," Guerrero said. "UCLA will expeditiously pursue its options to challenge this determination."

Guerrero said UCLA pushed the NCAA to make a ruling before the Bruins season opener and praised the NCAA for doing so. He said that bodes well for a quick resolution to determining Muhammad's status for future games.

"We feel that they will try to work with us to try to facilitate whatever approach we take," Guerrero said.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 597 Posts

Noel 2-6 from the field. 4 pts 3 blk 9 rbs, Poythress went 3-8. Kentucky almost went down.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,539 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Noel 2-6 from the field. 4 pts 3 blk 9 rbs, Poythress went 3-8. Kentucky almost went down.
    Alex Len dominated Noel all night, would love to draft Len especially if the Cavs end up getting rid of Andy this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Said this in another thread:

From what we've seen so far this year, Scott wants constant penetration from Waiters and Irving via a steady diet of high pick and rolls as well as getting out in transition as much as possible. A pick and roll big who can step out and hit the jumper as well as roll hard to the rim seems to be what we're looking for on offense, and ideally he'd be a great shot blocker on defense as we currently have none to speak of.
    I think Isaiah Austin could be that type of player, he just needs to gain a ton of weight. Still, good debut from him tonight.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    Alex Len dominated Noel all night, would love to draft Len especially if the Cavs end up getting rid of Andy this year.
    He looked great tonight against a prospect toughted to be a defensive stopper. He was scoring in 1on1 and ran the court well........ Also Austin did very good scouting reports say he is agile enough to play the 4 in the league and if thats the case he would be great here with his shot and being a 7'1 power foward wouldnt hurt.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...e_Against_Noel

Alex Len Draws Top-5 Pick Buzz With Performance Against Noel

Alex Len had 23 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks in Maryland's 69-72 loss to Kentucky.

"Huge game for Maryland's Alex Len," wrote Chad Ford. "Outplayed Nerlens Noel. Scouts abuzz. If he plays like that all season-Top 5 pick."

Len is 7-foot-1 center from the Ukraine that averaged 6.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game last season as a freshman.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post: