View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 30 of 576 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 597 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by drewz05 View Post
    Here you go man:

Link
    Thanks a ton.

Edit: omg I cant watch this without laughing. Uc irvine has a dude that looks like the black version of wee man with a fro lmfao

Double edit he isn't even that small. Still made me lol though.

Anderson has been quiet.
    Last edited by MGMT; 11-14-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Boss of all Bosses Goldin Brown's Avatar
    Thanks

How does Ben Howland still have a job? His team's are always unwatchable. These guys are struggling against UC Irvine of all teams.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Noel is insanely athletic, too.

I see a Dikembe Mutombo type of player in Noel, only if he adds some weight.
    Dikembe Mutombo actually seems like a really good comparison. I still wanna see more feel for the game and offensive skill from him, but he's definitely got the athleticism to be a defensive game changer if he can get things together. Really looking forward to watching Isaiah Austin this weekend, weight aside he's got the complete offensive game that can make scouts drool and should be able to block shots due to his length and athleticism.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anderson was quiet for a majority of the night; however,nye had a key put back late in the game and looks to have quick hands on defense. I was surprised he didn't really initiate the offended at all but I guess that's to be expected given how it was only his second game.

UCLA barely escaped last night and I mean barely. Fortunately for them UC irvine pissed down their leg with a late lead and coughed up the ball.

Alex Poythress look strong as hell with serious athleticism. When I was watching I saw him take one baseline jumper and it fell well short. Moreover, I liked to see he kept his composure when he got accidentally put on the floor by a Duke player - just walked away.

Team Player
    Thanks

Zeller, Noel, Muhammad, Len, McAdoo In Ford's Top-5 For 2013 Draft
    Nov 14, 2012 1:59 PM EST

The 2012-13 college basketball season is underway, which means attention to the 2013 NBA Draft is already being paid.

ESPN's Chad Ford has Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammad, Alex Len and James Michael McAdoo in his top-5 in no particular order.

Jonathan Givony of Draft Express has Muhammad, Noel, Zeller, Rudy Gobert of Cholet and McAdoo in his current mock draft. Len is currently slotted 14th.

"Only player that I've made some major revisions on is Alex Len of Maryland," said Ford. "Just think he took a major leap over the summer and at 7-1 with his skill set, he's going to be a Top 5 pick. Reminds me a little bit of a young Ilgauskas."

Via RealGM Staff Report

Len getting alot of Ilgauskas comparisons from alot of people

Thanks

Pretty good breakdown of the UK vs Duke game here. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...record-at-2-am

Some comments:

Polythress doesn't wanna be the guy, it's pretty clear by being around him.

You haven't seen Noel's potential yet. Once he learns what he can do on D, he'll be stuffing a lot of those Duke layups that went in today.

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,447 Times in 1,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Reminds me a little bit of a young Ilgauskas."

Len getting alot of Ilgauskas comparisons from alot of people
    I haven't seen dude play, so this needs some clarification. Does he mean a young version of old Z? Or does he actually play like Z did when HE was young?

Young Z wasn't the plodding below the rim guy we knew at the end of his career. Young Z was an athletic, run the floor big until his feet did him in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    I haven't seen dude play, so this needs some clarification. Does he mean a young version of old Z? Or does he actually play like Z did when HE was young?

Young Z wasn't the plodding below the rim guy we knew at the end of his career. Young Z was an athletic, run the floor big until his feet did him in.
    i only saw one game of Len (against Kentucky a few days ago) but he looked athletic and very mobile for his size (~7'1 might even be slightly taller) so a young Z/bigger version of Jonas might be a solid comparison for him. he also has a very nice looking shot (check out 0:49 in that video if that doesn't remind you of Z...)

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *L-Train* For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

He looks a lot more aware and crafty than Jonas. Not as robotic.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RTrees For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

Observations
    Good Foot Work and touch (I see some Brook Lopez)
    Needs to add strength but has the frame for it,
    Decent form on jumper. Good Wingspan
    Athletic enough to be effective
    Ran the floor well
    Good job not hesitating and going straight up (TT needs to watch this video!)
    Want to see if he can pass from double teams and want to see more intensity on a consistent basis.
    Can he rebound and be a defensive presence?
    In this draft I think he is a top 5-8 player for sure.
    Think Zeller has more upside on the offensive end.
    Quote Originally Posted by *L-Train* View Post
    i only saw one game of Len (against Kentucky a few days ago) but he looked athletic and very mobile for his size (~7'1 might even be slightly taller) so a young Z/bigger version of Jonas might be a solid comparison for him. he also has a very nice looking shot (check out 0:49 in that video if that doesn't remind you of Z...)

Last edited by ajz20; 11-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,340 Times in 2,888 Posts

Once again, per the predictions of many of us against the grain of many more, the Cavaliers are barreling towards another very high lotto pick.

My issue is this is almost like deja vu- I've seen this story the last two years we had picks in the top 5. The talent is there, but it just isn't uber elite/super star type talent, at least it doesn't project to be. Thank goodness we got Irving two years ago, but the rest of that draft was just so mediocre it's ridiculous, and last year's crop seems pretty ho hum so far as well (Dion one of the bright spots, once again, luckily). How annoying would it be for us to have yet another top pick but there isn't really anyone projecting as a superstar at the next level?

I'm reading about all these guys and we've seen them in game time a little at this point and nobody is jumping out at me as THE guy that the Cavaliers need to target to finish up their tank express. Sure, good players and maybe even some really good ones who will help the team, but this will undoubtedly be the last year we suck badly (if it isn't, even I will be worried, and I've been the Captain of the Tank Express on here).

Just some random thoughts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    Observations
    Good Foot Work and touch (I see some Brook Lopez)
    Needs to add strength but has the frame for it,
    Decent form on jumper. Good Wingspan
    Athletic enough to be effective
    Ran the floor well
    Good job not hesitating and going straight up (TT needs to watch this video!)
    Want to see if he can pass from double teams and want to see more intensity on a consistent basis.
    Can he rebound and be a defensive presence?
    In this draft I think he is a top 5-8 player for sure.
    Think Zeller has more upside on the offensive end.
    My problem with Zeller (and I'm confident he'll be a good player, not sure about great) is that if we draft him we're going to have major defensive issues, particularly when he and his brother are on the court together. I think the main thing the Cavs need to be looking for is a shotblocker who can also be a very good finisher off the pick and roll. Teams right now are shooting a ridiculous percentage against us in the paint, and we just don't have the personnel right now to defend well. Not saying stay away from Zeller if he's the most talented guy on the board, but I feel like a lot of the other top bigs would be better fits.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    My problem with Zeller (and I'm confident he'll be a good player, not sure about great) is that if we draft him we're going to have major defensive issues, particularly when he and his brother are on the court together. I think the main thing the Cavs need to be looking for is a shotblocker who can also be a very good finisher off the pick and roll. Teams right now are shooting a ridiculous percentage against us in the paint, and we just don't have the personnel right now to defend well. Not saying stay away from Zeller if he's the most talented guy on the board, but I feel like a lot of the other top bigs would be better fits.
    Two words: Nerlens Noel.

I have a feeling we are going to end up with Noel, I don't know why, just my crazy feeling. Mohammad seems too good to be true. I can see the Cavaliers getting into the lottery one last time and trading the whole draft for a top 3 talent. We should do whatever it takes to sweeten the pot and trade anyone outside of Kyrie and Dion to get into the top 3.

The one thing Danny Ferry shown all of us is you have to give up something to get something. Cleveland has always had trouble selling the farm and making a big time deal.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 939 Posts

Really impressed with that clip of Len

Especially that spin move and shot over Stein. That's NBA size right there

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Da Hard Way For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Two words: Nerlens Noel.

I have a feeling we are going to end up with Noel, I don't know why, just my crazy feeling. Mohammad seems too good to be true. I can see the Cavaliers getting into the lottery one last time and trading the whole draft for a top 3 talent. We should do whatever it takes to sweeten the pot and trade anyone outside of Kyrie and Dion to get into the top 3.

The one thing Danny Ferry shown all of us is you have to give up something to get something. Cleveland has always had trouble selling the farm and making a big time deal.
    Why does Bazz seem too good to be true? Lol. With how pathetic our bench is there's a decent chance we don't have to trade up - it could just be where we end up.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post: