View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 32 of 576 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    A sexcellent post Howler. You like him enough to use the LA/MIA pick on him? (Provided we have it at that very moment in time)
    Related question for either of you fellas. Part of the conspiracy is that the Cavaliers got those Miami picks which right now would be 29-30th pick in the draft. I'm assuming the Miami cHeat are only a superpower until 2014 (LeBron can opt out). Personally I think James opts in for one last try with Miami. In 2015 Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, Shane Battier are all out of the league.

2015 is when LBJ is jumping ship. The conspiracy is that he returns to Cleveland, and we also happen to have those Miami picks. Only Miami is back in the gutter of the league and those picks that we own turn into lottery picks.

Am I fucking crazy? This really seems like a possibility, I just don't know if I'm a disillusioned fan. What are your opinions on this crazy possibility. A lot of it may be my crazy fan hypothesis, but it seems possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,598 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Related question for either of you fellas. Part of the conspiracy is that the Cavaliers got those Miami picks which right now would be 29-30th pick in the draft. I'm assuming the Miami cHeat are only a superpower until 2014 (LeBron can opt out). Personally I think James opts in for one last try with Miami. In 2015 Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, Shane Battier are all out of the league.

2015 is when LBJ is jumping ship. The conspiracy is that he returns to Cleveland, and we also happen to have those Miami picks. Only Miami is back in the gutter of the league and those picks that we own turn into lottery picks.

Am I fucking crazy? This really seems like a possibility, I just don't know if I'm a disillusioned fan. What are your opinions on this crazy possibility. A lot of it may be my crazy fan hypothesis, but it seems possible.
    Correction. We will only have one pick from miami by 2015. Their other pick owed will be conveyed this year. That 2015 pick is top 10 protected also. It is top ten protected in 2016 also. Id hold off on the wild speculation.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    Can we put Cody Zeller in Nerlens Noel's body? It'd be the perfect frontcourt player!
    Alex Len?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adam81king For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post

That team is LeBron's now. Moreover, he will continue to attract key role players like he did this past offseason. I think he stays. Hes in a good situation even without Wade - he can get another big player to come there, and there is no income taxes in Florida. I mean really it makes no sense.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,807 Times in 3,079 Posts

Just watched some of the Baylor and Colorado game. I wasn't impressed with Isaiah Austin. He looked slow, disinterested, weak, and not as athletic as I imagined. Just once I wish one of these freak athletes with gifts would have more desire. You could have put Jones III on his back and I wouldn't have noticed.

Andre Roberson of Colorado did impress me. He is great athlete, defender, has a motor, and rebounds like a demon. He is a combo SF, PF type player. I'd love him off the bench. Perhaps we could snag him with the Lakers pick or trade up to get him. I saw some Shawn Marion, Kenneth Faried in his game.
    Last edited by Soar; 11-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Fellas,I'm not privy to watch entire entire games but anyone spotting any good SF's?
    Parts of the games I have seen,I haven't noticed anyone outstanding .

Thanks

Poythress is the only one I've watched so far and he went off. It's really hard to judge him based on that game, because after watching it, I assume he'll be a top-5 pick.

El Campeón Dodger Champion Feed The King Champion Grab the Green Champion Pretty Kitty Champion Bubble Jumper Champion Master Mahjongg Champion HACKER Champion Blockdown Champion Find the keys Champion Pretty Puppies Puzzles Champion Mega Bounce Champion 2mazed Champion Quadratical Champion NtG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    Just watched some of the Baylor and Colorado game. I wasn't impressed with Isaiah Austin. He looked slow, disinterested, weak, and not as athletic as I imagined. Just once I wish one of these freak athletes with gifts would have more desire. You could have put Jones III on his back and I wouldn't have noticed.

Andre Roberson of Colorado did impress me. He is great athlete, defender, has a motor, and rebounds like a demon. He is a combo SF, PF type player. I'd love him off the bench. Perhaps we could snag him with the Lakers pick or trade up to get him. I saw some Shawn Marion, Kenneth Faried in his game.
    He's not supposed to be athletic. He is incredibly skilled, but athleticism is his biggest weakness.

I really like Alex Len, he could be the perfect player for us. His offensive game is incredibly polished.

Thanks

Cavs are going to burn assets this Draft, count on it. No way they are thinking about another lost season and bipassing 2013 to be a contender in 2014. They will tank this year and enter the draft ready to cash in. I see a top lottery pick and for sure another Zeller-esq type of trade up, maybe even further. You can't rebuild forever.

Thanks

I hate going round and round in my head. I'm starting to think Center (AV & TZ) isn't a position of need in this draft. Starting to believe it is SF or bust.

Even if Tyler takes over the starting job and Andy comes off the bench, I think they will be cemented at the 5 for many more years. Need another PF and a starting SF.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    I hate going round and round in my head. I'm starting to think Center (AV & TZ) isn't a position of need in this draft. Starting to believe it is SF or bust.

Even if Tyler takes over the starting job and Andy comes off the bench, I think they will be cemented at the 5 for many more years. Need another PF and a starting SF.
    Obviously, SF is a need. C/PF is one need in the same as V can go back to PF. The other need is PG/SG backup who is lock down defender. With a strong 8-man with 3 bench guys who can plays different positions like Gee, Vee and Draftee, that is a strong combo.

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    Really, what is Noel's potential as an offensive player? Because we desperately need someone who can put up some numbers in the front court.
    Honestly, I'm off the Nerlens Noel train. While I do think he'll be a good player, he is very slight of build. He is Kevin Durant skinny but playing the 4-5 position, guys in the NBA will eat him alive. I do think he'll be a decent player, but his lack of size is concerning to say the least. Same can be said about Cody Zeller, but his offense might outweigh his defense.

I'm all aboard the Tony Mitchell wagon. He's got legit Blake Griffin size, strength, and athleticism. He plays the 3-4 and can actually shoot the ball (including from 3) . He's a tenacious rebounder on offense and defense which is sorely lacking on this squad. He's the second best rebounding player in all of the NCAA pace 40 minutes adjusted. In addition to the Blake Griffin athleticism, he's got something that Griffin can only dream of: +LENGTH. He's 6ft 8.5inches tall but has a 7ft 3inch wingspan! Mitchell is also exceptional with blocking shots using his length and athleticism.

His build is impressive to say the least. You can just tell by looking at his body type that he's strong as an ox. His build is freaky and he looks like he could add an additional 15-20 lbs easily. I'd venture to say this guy could be "the LeBron stopper" in the future, just my opinion but there's a reason Griffin can't stop LeBron: Length. (and because Griffin is terrible on defense)

Personally I think Blake Griffin is seriously over-rated. Not to say that I wouldn't want him on my team, but I happen to think that your 3-4 forward should be a rebounder, shot-blocker and general tough-guy enforcer type first and foremost. Tony Mitchell has all of the physical potential of Perry Jones III, but he actually appears to have that "edge" that Chris Grant and Byron Scott are looking for. (and probably 30+ lbs on PJIII)

Mitchell looks like a tailor fit for this team. To me, he's a defensive Blake Griffin that can shoot 3's and has shot-blocking abilities that Blake can only dream of. I realize this is a fan-boy rant, but this kid's got MASSIVE potential that cannot be ignored. While I think Noel and Zeller will be very solid players, their lack of size concerns me a bit. With a team that is as weak as we are defensively, we need to draft a MAN, and Tony Mitchell fits that bill.

Check the raw athleticism were talking about here:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Shabazz Muhammad is reinstated. Talk about a draft game changer:

Just checked and their first game is on Monday against Georgetown. Should be a really good game for us draftniks.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

IU vs UCLA is going to be sick. (Provided they get by Georgetown)

Mitchell is playing right now for NT but I cant find any stream. Not surprised though.
    Last edited by MGMT; 11-16-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks

Poythress playing very well again tonight. 12 points on 100% FG and 100% FT shooting in the first half.

Tony Mitchell, amazing athleticism, but the lay-up at the 30 second mark of that video had me shaking my head, does he not have a left hand?