View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 39 of 576 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,151 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

For those who have the ability to watch espn online there are a ton of players to watch tonight

1. Muhammad 730
    2. Zeler and Porter at 10
    3. Mcadoo at 8
    4 Len at 8
    5. (for the sick draft die hards looking at players in the late first) MCdemott at 8

Interesting to see who starts to separate themselves from the pack from now until march.
    Last edited by ajz20; 11-20-2012 at 02:02 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajz20 For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 681 Posts

The matchip between Otto porter and victor oladipo is one to pay close attention to. Victor is an excellent perimeter defender and a fantastic athlete who plays with a high level of intensity - curious to see how Porter approaches it. Georgetown doesn't have a post presence that will give Cody issues; therefore I feel this game is a bigger test for Otto than it is for Zeller.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Shabazz is in the starting lineup tonight. Lets see if he works out some of the rust!

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,747 Times in 2,035 Posts

Where are those McAdoo supporters again?

This coming from the biggest Tar heel fan on this board. Stay away from McAdoo.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Where are those McAdoo supporters again?

This coming from the biggest Tar heel fan on this board. Stay away from McAdoo.
    Why do you say this about McAdoo?

I haven't had a chance to watch him much this year with the work schedule I'm on

Thanks

Butler gave UNC a huge facial damn

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Haven't got the chance to watch all day, how have Muhammad and McAdoo looked? I assume McAdoo and the entire UNC team look pretty bad right now

Thanks

Muhammad had an off night and still shot 50 percent scoring 21. When he gets in shape he will average 20 a night. I love that he plays hard and has gotten to this point with hard work and wanting to prove people wrong on top of his athleticism. He remains my number 1 choice followed by Len as my 2nd favorite.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    Haven't got the chance to watch all day, how have Muhammad and McAdoo looked? I assume McAdoo and the entire UNC team look pretty bad right now
    He had 7 turnovers lol. Didn't watch UCLA.

Zeller isn't bringing the sex again.

A winning record? Pshaw! Backstage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,263 Times in 751 Posts

Who will be the first to suggest Jack Taylor?

Jack Taylor Scores 138 Points for Grinnell

By LUKE MEREDITH AP Sports Writer
    GRINNELL, Iowa November 21, 2012 (AP)

After a poor shooting weekend, Grinnell point guard Jack Taylor was given the green light to shoot his way out of a slump.

It only took 108 shots for Taylor to make a mockery of the college basketball record books.

Taylor scored 138 points to shatter the NCAA scoring record in Division III Grinnell's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible on Tuesday night in Grinnell, Iowa.

Taylor, a 5-foot-10, 170-pound sophomore from Black River Falls, Wis., made 27 of 71 3-point attempts, was 52 of 108 overall from the field and added seven free throws on 10 attempts in 36 minutes.

"It felt like anything I tossed up was going in," Taylor told The Associated Press.

Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. In 1953, Francis had 116 against Ashland Junior College. Frank Selvy is the only other player to reach triple figures, scoring 100 points for Division I Furman against Newberry in 1954. The previous Grinnell record was 89 by Griffin Lentsch last Nov. 19 against Principia.

Under coach David Arseneault, the Pioneers press and shoot 3s like nobody else in the country in any level. They've led the nation in scoring for 17 of the past 19 seasons while ranking first nationally in 3-point shooting for the 15 of those past 19 years. But none of them have had a night quite like Taylor — who never saw this coming.

Taylor recently transferred to Grinnell, located about 50 miles east of Des Moines, after playing one season for Wisconsin-La Crosse. He struggled in his debut at the nearby Wartburg Tournament over the weekend by hitting just 11 of 41 shots — including just 6 of his 41 3-point attempts Still, he averaged 23.5 points a game.

But Taylor started Tuesday's night game off slow — at least according to his standards. His coaches figured the best way to get him on track was for him to keep chucking, so that's what Taylor did.

"Maybe my cold shooting from the weekend was affecting me," Taylor said. "But then they started to drop."

Taylor had 58 points at halftime.

Then he got hot.

Taylor was 32 of 58 shooting — including 18 3s — in the final 20 minutes and averaged an astounding four points a minute in the second half.

"I don't think reality has set in yet," Taylor said.
    Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...8#.UKxacYeul1A
    Tribe Time = Now O'Clock

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Backstage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

I said it last year and people got on me for that then, but I still don't see how Cody Zeller could be a star in the NBA. The way I look at it, just about all dominant bigs have some combo of elite strength, length/height, and athleticism to go along with good skills. I just don't see Zeller being anything more than average to slightly above average in any of those areas. Added to which he'll offer little to no shotblocking and average rebounding, and I struggle to see why he should be a top 5 pick when there are many more high upside bigs below him.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Backstage View Post
    Who will be the first to suggest Jack Taylor?

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...8#.UKxacYeul1A

"It felt like anything I tossed up was going in." As it takes him 108 shots to score 138.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 10,924 Times in 3,108 Posts

This draft is starting to have the feel of a draft where the 8th pick could easily outperform the 2nd pick. I see a lot of pretty good talent, guys I'd love to see in a Cavs uniform but I don't see that player or players that clearly stand above the rest. The situations that guys like Noel or Len end up in will greatly determine their success. I can easily see Noel being a bust or being a star. I sure hope the Cavs have a good big man scout. Big Z needs to find a good one.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Soar For This Useful Post:

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 949 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    This draft is starting to have the feel of a draft where the 8th pick could easily outperform the 2nd pick. I see a lot of pretty good talent, guys I'd love to see in a Cavs uniform but I don't see that player or players that clearly stand above the rest. The situations that guys like Noel or Len end up in will greatly determine their success. I can easily see Noel being a bust or being a star. I sure hope the Cavs have a good big man scout. Big Z needs to find a good one.
    While I pretty much feel the same way, Shabazz Muhammad just seems head and shoulders the best pick. He's got the most talent and supposedly has an otherworldly work ethic and drive to be great.

Kyrie
    Dion
    Shabazz
    Thompson
    Zeller

Seems like a solid TEAM.

Gee
    Cap space

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,660 Times in 1,444 Posts

In April, post March Madness when people are really starting to geek out about the draft and fixate on players, imagine the insane amount of jealousy that's going to be going for towards OKC.

From trading James Harden they will have received:
    Kevin Martin
    The ability to resign Martin and Eric Maynor for less than Harden would have gotten
    Jeremy Lamb
    A pick in the 4-6 range in the upcoming pick
    A future top 20 protected pick from Houston via Dallas

Now chew on this:

With Lamb, the Toronto pick, the Dallas pick, Perry Jones, Reggies Jackson and with all of their own future 1st rd picks at their disposal, they have the ability to put together a trade package for a Superstar or use them separately to acquire perfect fit role players, without having to move Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Martin, or Maynor.

Whether or not they win championships, that team is set up to have a sustained San Antonio like run of 15+ excellent seasons in a market like OKC.

Pretty amazing.

This is the type of high end sustainability Grant is aiming for and though our style of play or individual makeup of the team will be different, we have the assets on the roster(Irving, Waiters, Zeller, Tristan, Gee, Andy + a top 5 pick in this draft, Heat/Lakers pick, our 2014 pick(at best in the 15-20 range, possibly still top 10), our 2015 pick, Heat 2015 pick, the future Orange County/Virginia Beach pick + a gaggle of high 2nd round picks.

We are 3-4 years behind them in the process, but that's as it should be Durant/Jeff Green were drafted in 2007, Kyrie and Tristan in 2011.

Speaking of Jeff Green and the 2007 draft, there is a definite similarity to the outlook of the 2011 draft so far. The 2007 draft was awful as far as impact players. It's pretty much Durant as the only real impact guy and then the drop off is huge. Beyond Durant, there's really only Horford, Conley and Noah, that can even remotely be called upper level players, but they are nowhere near superstar level. But did Presti drafting Green at #5 blow the OKC build up? No because they had so many assets accumulated they were able to build past that bad selection, trade in Greens potential for Perkins, and keep adding the necessary parts. No GM hits on all high picks. It just doesn't happen. But we have that same build up of assets from 2011-2015, that no one pick will make or break the build of this team.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post: