View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 50 of 576 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

All Star
    Thanks

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

I wouldn't be surprised if Shaboooooz and Len don't end up the top 2 prospects in this draft.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Futuredome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shaboooooz and Len don't end up the top 2 prospects in this draft.

Len has the most polished offensive game and Shabazz has the most potential as a scorer from the wing. As long as they stay healthy and continue to progress, I also feel they should be ranked higher than Noel and Zeller. I have a feeling Noel will be in top 3 based simply on his shot blocking potential. Zeller is the "safe pick" in the top 5. I have a feeling Pythress (due to his frame) will sneak into the top 5 as well. I would love to take the Lakers pick our second rounders and move into the teens to get a guy like Plumlee, (a great role player who can give us more depth up front if we go with Shabazz) I have a feeling the OKC trade wont happen and I am just my crossing finders that we get either Len or Shabazz.

Guys Like like Otto Porter would not excite me. Not that he can't play, but I dont think he is a difference maker like the two players we have been discussing. The thing is, when Irving and Waiters return by January, I expect to be winning a lot more games, and I am going to guess we are going to be moving out of the bottom 3 and we may be picking as late as 7-10 when it comes draft time. We may have to make a trade to move into the top 4 and that will be very hard to pull off "this draft really declines after 8 or 9 (not very deep at all!)

I think we all know, we can not just rely on the draft. We need to make a major trade or FA singing sometime in the next or 2014 offseason. Otherwise, it will be an incomplete rebuild which will yield a 5 seed type team every year at best!
    Last edited by ajz20; 12-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ajz20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    Len has the most polished offensive game and Shabazz has the most potential as a scorer from the wing. As long as they stay healthy and continue to progress, I also feel they should be ranked higher than Noel and Zeller. I ahve a feeling Noel will be in top 3 based simply on his shot blocking potential. Zeller is the "safe pick" in the top 5. I have a feeling Pythress (due to his frame) will sneak into the top as well. I would love to take the Lakers pick our second rounders and move into the teens to get a guy like Plumlee, (a great role player who can give us more depth up front if we go with Shabazz) I have a feeling the OKC trade wont happen and I am just my crossing finders that we get either Len or Shabazz.

Guys Like like Otto Porter would not excite me. Not that he can't play, but I dont think he is a difference maker like the two players we have been discussing. The thing is, when Irving and Waiters return by January, I expect to be winning a lot more games, and I am going to guess we are going to moving out of the bottom 3 and we may be picking as late as 7-10 when it comes draft time. We may have to make a trade to move into the top 4 and that will be very hard to pull off "this draft really declines after 8 or 9 (not very deep at all!)

I think we all now, we can not just rely on the draft. We need to make a major trade or FA singing sometime in the next or 2014 offseason. Otherwise, it will be an incomplete rebuild which will yield a 5 seed type team every year at best!
    First thing (not directed at you) Gobert at 4 really?

Ok now on to your post.

Bazz should be a top 3 pick, but if Len keeps playing this way there's a pretty good chance he will end up ahead of Bazz because of the lack of quality bigs in the NBA atm. Not saying it is the right pick, but it makes sense. It wouldn't be surprising to see Noels get pushed above Bazz either because of him being a big. Of course Noels would have to start playing like a lotto pick, but I digress.

I don't think we'll have to trade the Lakers pick for a pick in the teens, since their pick is in the teens right now lol. Slightly kidding I fully expect that to change, but they have the potential to be worse than they are if the injury bug keeps hitting them.

If the Lakers pick cashes in at say 20 then we should be able to get ourselves into the top 14 with a trade, at least imo.

Thanks

Anyone mentioning Doug McDermott with the Lakers pick? He could be Gody #2. but pretty insane shooting numbers in 3 years at Creighton.

Never a 3 PT % under 41

Never a FG % under 53

Guys like Gody, Adam Morrison, Jimmer, and JJ Redick never had shooting numbers that crazy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Homestar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    Anyone mentioning Doug McDermott with the Lakers pick? He could be Gody #2. but pretty insane shooting numbers in 3 years at Creighton.

Never a 3 PT % under 41

Never a FG % under 53

Guys like Gody, Adam Morrison, Jimmer, and JJ Redick never had shooting numbers that crazy.
    I wouldn't be opposed to looking at him. I think he could be something of a Ryan Gomes with upgraded shooting. He does, however, have some very real limitations in terms of height, length, and athleticism and might end up no better than Harangody. I like his off-ball movement though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to STAT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,973 Times in 636 Posts

I'm just a little tiny bit worried that this draft could turn out to be a complete clusterfuck of Robert Swifts, Patrick O'Bryants, Johan Petros, Saer Senes, Paul Davises, Steven Hunters, Chris Wilcoxes, Channing Fryes, etc...

Aside from Anthony Davis, who was my favorite prospect since Lebron and maybe my favorite college player of all time (narrowly edging out Marcus Camby, go figure), I pretty much always hate these "just wait until he fills out" 7 ft-ish beanpole bastards. And I have only slightly less hate for the "he has immense physical gifts but can't play basketball yet" prospects.

I like what I've seen from Shabazz not because he's blown me away in anything, but because he's playing fairly well in a system that completely sucks at utilizing his gifts, he can score in ways that aren't just dependent upon him being faster or springier than his competition (even though he has very good athleticism), and I think a three pronged perimeter attack from Kyrie, Dion, and Shabazz would be exciting as shit, so long as they'd find a way to play together, which admittedly would be a pretty big concern, too.

Otherwise, I'm not thrilled about this draft. I like Noel all right, but I have many of the same problems with him that I had with Drummond, though Noel isn't 275 of lean beef like Drummond. We already have Zeller, and I'm not convinced that when it's all said and done, Cody is going to have the far more productive career.

I think I need to watch more of Alex Len, though.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to narbar32 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post

Never a 3 PT % under 41

Never a FG % under 53

Wally Szczerbiak 2.0?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by narbar32 View Post
    I'm just a little tiny bit worried that this draft could turn out to be a complete clusterfuck of Robert Swifts, Patrick O'Bryants, Johan Petros, Saer Senes, Paul Davises, Steven Hunters, Chris Wilcoxes, Channing Fryes, etc...

Aside from Anthony Davis, who was my favorite prospect since Lebron and maybe my favorite college player of all time (narrowly edging out Marcus Camby, go figure), I pretty much always hate these "just wait until he fills out" 7 ft-ish beanpole bastards. And I have only slightly less hate for the "he has immense physical gifts but can't play basketball yet" prospects.

I like what I've seen from Shabazz not because he's blown me away in anything, but because he's playing fairly well in a system that completely sucks at utilizing his gifts, he can score in ways that aren't just dependent upon him being faster or springier than his competition (even though he has very good athleticism), and I think a three pronged perimeter attack from Kyrie, Dion, and Shabazz would be exciting as shit, so long as they'd find a way to play together, which admittedly would be a pretty big concern, too.

Otherwise, I'm not thrilled about this draft. I like Noel all right, but I have many of the same problems with him that I had with Drummond, though Noel isn't 275 of lean beef like Drummond. We already have Zeller, and I'm not convinced that when it's all said and done, Cody is going to have the far more productive career.

I think I need to watch more of Alex Len, though.
    I cannot tell you how it warmed my heart to read that line.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to STAT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My dream scenario right now is that we get Alex Len with our own 1st rd pick and then use the Lakers pick to move into the late lottery and grab Otto Porter. I think those 2 players would really fit perfectly into our starting lineup, pushing the right players to the bench and give us great balance.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldin Brown For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,768 Times in 4,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King J View Post
    Wally Szczerbiak 2.0?
    Wally was actually a pretty solid player in his prime. Unfortunately, that wasn't the Wally that played for the Cavs.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goldin Brown View Post
    My dream scenario right now is that we get Alex Len with our own 1st rd pick and then use the Lakers pick to move into the late lottery and grab Otto Porter. I think those 2 players would really fit perfectly into our starting lineup, pushing the right players to the bench and give us great balance.
    Otto plays tonight. My close watching of him continues.

Thanks

Baylor on @ 9pm.

How did Austin look against Noel & UK? Wasn't able to catch the game.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brooksfosho View Post
    Baylor on @ 9pm.

He wasn't very involved in the offense, like at all. The game was terrible to watch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brooksfosho View Post
    Baylor on @ 9pm.

I thought he looked pretty decent. You can see that has has a lot of talent but has a long way to go to reach his potential. I thought that he too often drifted outside the paint and settled for too many 3pt shots, seems to be in love with the 3ball. While he does have a pretty good stroke he missed quite a few of those long jumpers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 841 Posts

My dream scenario is still the Len and Noel combo.
    When in doubt, step up the defense