View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 55 of 576 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 597 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Glenn went to the high school I went to. Last winter I saw him at walgreens. I'm 6'5.5 and he was noticeably taller.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I like Little Dog's roots.

If he's anything like Big Dog, count me in.

The only thing that stands out to me with Shabazz is how ungodly ugly his shoes are.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,208 Times in 1,680 Posts

Shabazz and Len are one and two on my want list.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

How do you guys feel about trading our 2nd rounders and Lakers/Heat Pick to mvoe up into the early teens and target Anthony Bennet. He is an offensive minded PF who will be 20 and already is way ahead of TT in terms of offensive potential. He has a great body and is explosive in the paint. but is a bit undersized. THis would move TT to the bench with Zeller. Imagine Len and Bennet ot Muhahmad and Bennet as a combo. Two above average starters with very good offensive potential in a mdeicore draft. Bennet is really showing he is NBA ready as much as an Freshmen in the country. He shows alot of Zach Randolph type qualities, with more explsoivness down low. He has a great touch and a 7'1 wingspan, and uses his body well. As others have said the fact that we have TT should not stop us from getting a PF who has a chance to be a 16-18 and 10 guy! Remmeber this would be using our 2nd first rounder by trading up using our last 3 picks! He is really soaring up draft boards, so he may be gone by 10 anyways, but soemthing to think about!

Last edited by ajz20; 12-09-2012 at 09:16 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajz20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 383 Posts

I'm a big Anthony Bennett believer. I had him #10 on my list I had posted a few pages back, but am starting to like him even more than that. His UNLV squad is 6-1 and he's giving them 19 and 8 on 55-35-76 shooting splits. He's definitely a PF despite his height, but he's strong, is a good leaper, and as ajz20 mentioned, has a nice 7'-1" wingspan. He's got a plethora of outside skills with 3 point range and decent ball handling.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to STAT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Shabazz or bust

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew View Post
    Shabazz or bust
    Ew.

Thanks

Alex Poythress for me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to red. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

(8 seconds in and 37 seconds in)

Last edited by UncleDrew; 12-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UncleDrew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Anthony Bennett looks really really good... just a bit concerned about his size. There have been several great PFs despite their size and 6'7 isn't as big a deal as it used to be with the league getting smaller, but it is a bit of a concern.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla

This Anthony Bennett is pretty good. I mean REAL GOOD!

25 and 13 vs Cal. 6'8 with shoes and 240 bs and 7'1 wingspan.He alsp has a very solid vertical anc can finish explosvily in traffic (something TT is misisng) I think we have to start some serious codnieration if TT contines to show average progression!
    He may play his way into the top 6 or 7 which would mean we would ahve to take him with out own pick not the lakers. Discuss!

Thanks

Mentioned Bennett a few pages back. He's a beast and can stretch the defense. With or without Tristan's development, he would be a nice player to have going forward.

Plays against crappy competition, butt fuck it.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Mentioned Bennett a few pages back. He's a beast and can stretch the defense. With or without Tristan's development, he would be a nice player to have going forward.

Plays against crappy competition, butt fuck it.
    Might want to clear it with the recipient, first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    Might want to clear it with the recipient, first.
    Naw I'm straight. Orami?

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Can anybody explain to me what is the difference between Alex Poythress and Terrence Jones, the other UK tweener?

Jones was an NBA 3 that played like a 4 in college. Serviceable jump-shot, not exactly a sniper, but can hit threes on occasion. (likely under 40%)

Terrence Jones also used to elevate and show off his explosiveness

See to me, if you are going to make a difference in the NBA, you have to have some combination of rare skills for the position. And this applies to the other positions as well. At the small forward position:

If you can play incredible defense, you'll be a difference maker. Michael Kidd Gilchrist or Ron Artest......

If you can dribble really well and score out of Isolation's you'll be a difference maker. Paul Pierce or Tracy McGrady

If you can see the court well and make the proper passes, you'll be a difference maker. LBJ even without the crazy athleticism would still be a difference maker.

If you can hit the 3 ball at an above average rate, you'll get your playing time, but you may not be "the difference maker" Dorrell Wright or Danilo Gallinari.

Most small forwards in the NBA are very meh..... I mean is Danilo or Dorrell going to be a big time factor? He's a nice player and all, but he's not exactly the wind in your championship sails.

I guess my point is, you don't go pissing away a draft pick on a guy that is going to be average. There's a reason that Terrence Jones fell so far in last NBA's draft.

By all accounts, this next draft is going to suck balls. It could be the reason that guys like Poythress and Otto Porter are suddenly going to be locks to be top 10 draft selections.

But ask yourself honestly, why would you want to burn a very high draft pick on an average small forward? You could just wait until the later part of the draft and snag a guy like Jae Crowder. Is Poythress really that much better that he's going to warrant using a precious pick on him?

In terms of my preferences, I still don't know enough about this class to really give my solid list, but guys like Alex Len stick out to me.

For the center position, if you have legit offensive skills (post and pop) then you are a rare commodity. If you move very well for the center position and can defend the pick and roll, as well as blocking shots then you are a rare commodity. If you can shoot over 75% from the line as a center then you are again separating yourself from the pack.

Alex Len gets 3 very impressive distinctions that makes someone like him very worthy of using one of your golden tickets.

Shabazz Mohammad can jump equally well off of one foot or two feet. Off of a one legged takeoff, he can jump equally well off his left or right foot. Michael Jordan demonstrated just how important that can be to a player as it doubles and triples the amount of offensive possibilities and combinations when you are making your move.

Mohammad is also an elite slasher, with above average ball handling ability.

Kevin Durant is a 6-11 two guard with a silky smooth sniper rifle of a shot...... You catch my drift. You win with highly talented guys that have skills that other players simply don't have. It's still a crap shoot (Drummond) you can have all the physical tools but lack the intensity, desire, motivation, technique...etc etc.

It's just first layer of analysis, and it causes me to say NO early to the Thomas Robinsons, Terrence Jones, Alex Poythress, Otto Porter

But it also causes me to say maybe to the Tony Mitchells and Andre Drummonds of the world.