View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

    19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

    129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

    9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

    24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

    30 14.08%
  • Other---

    2 0.94%
Page 60 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

  1. #886
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 304 Times in 182 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Shabazz is starting to pick it up and he did look more explosive tonight. He is really good comming off screens that has suprised me, he takes jumpers off the pick or drives to the basket. Tonight he showed off his floater a couple times and was really good in the mid-range. His jumps shot has come a long way and for someone who was suppose to be suspect from 3 he is shooting 47% while taking 2.5 shots and he is 6-12 in the last 3 games
    tonight: 21point 6boards(4offensive) 7-14


    off topic but watching the lakers game and laughing at how they celabrate a win over the bobcats like they won a chip

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post:


  3. #887
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 596 Times in 343 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Cavs want top 2 pick for either Shabazz or Len imo. My guess the notice is in for Mr. Stern.

  4. #888
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,901
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 591 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Shabazz is starting to pick it up and he did look more explosive tonight. He is really good comming off screens that has suprised me, he takes jumpers off the pick or drives to the basket. Tonight he showed off his floater a couple times and was really good in the mid-range. His jumps shot has come a long way and for someone who was suppose to be suspect from 3 he is shooting 47% while taking 2.5 shots and he is 6-12 in the last 3 games
    tonight: 21point 6boards(4offensive) 7-14


    off topic but watching the lakers game and laughing at how they celabrate a win over the bobcats like they won a chip
    Did he do any right-handed driving?

  5. #889
    There go the Cavs! CleveRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MidState
    Posts
    3,913
    Thanks
    504
    Thanked 847 Times in 406 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    DeShaun Thomas will be a decent bench scorer at best, Imo.

    Aaron Craft is going to be a surgeon, not an NBA player.
    I would like to understand how you reached that conclusion. Bucks are playing well, with very few real assets. .Craft in my opinion is John Crotty 2.0. has the heart and enough ability to excel at college level, but is a back pro on a good day. Thomas is the only guy with real ability, and scores from anywhere with any hand. He has good size for a three, which is what I think he is at the next level.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

  6. #890
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,901
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 591 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    I would like to understand how you reached that conclusion. Bucks are playing well, with very few real assets. .Craft in my opinion is John Crotty 2.0. has the heart and enough ability to excel at college level, but is a back pro on a good day. Thomas is the only guy with real ability, and scores from anywhere with any hand. He has good size for a three, which is what I think he is at the next level.
    As for Aaron Craft: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Pro_Basketball I really don't think anything else needs to be said about that.

    As for DeShaun Thomas: Yes, DeShaun scorrezzzz pointzz!11 I get that and he has the size of an NBA 3. Okay. He's a below average athlete with poor lateral quickness which is pretty implicit he won't find much success guarding the athletic NBA 3s. Moreover, his perimeter shooting is inconsistent and he's a volume shooter. He doesn't have handles and he's not going to put the ball on the floor and take his man off the dribble.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:


  8. #891
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 304 Times in 182 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Did he do any right-handed driving?
    No he still didnt do that he mostly worked comming off screans and mid range when he was in iso. He will need to work on that though but with his work ethic it will come just love the way he plays hard

  9. #892
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 596 Times in 343 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Shannon Scott is the Bucks best pro-talent, but he is probably a year away.

  10. #893
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,901
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 591 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Wrong thread
    Last edited by MGMT; 12-20-2012 at 06:10 PM.

  11. #894
    The Franchise Smooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,432
    Thanks
    1,058
    Thanked 8,551 Times in 1,566 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    With the way the draft is starting to take shape and with where the Cavs are likely to be picking, I'm really starting to pull for Shabazz to be the Cavs 1st pick...

    I'm not sure how it would work with Kyrie, Dion and Shabazz and I'm not sure if he's big enough to play the 3 full time (he measured in at 6'4.5" w/o shoes this summer, although had 6'11.25" wingspan & 8'8" standing reach; similar build to Brandon Rush, Tyreke Evans, James Harden; longer arms than Harrison Barnes, BTW)... But with the talent looking to be available, I would have a hard time passing on Shabazz..

    Just thinking about it in your head, what sounds like a better trio?

    Shabazz, Dion, Kyrie?
    Len, Dion, Kyrie?
    Zeller, Dion, Kyrie?
    McAdoo, Dion, Kyrie?

    To me, as much as Len and Zeller are good centers, they don't seem to round out that deadly trio the Cavs are looking for...

    Now I realize this would make the Cavs very perimeter oriented and I'm not sure if all 3 could fit in the starting lineup together and work well, but I just don't see the talent at the top of this draft to warrant passing on someone like Shabazz... BUT with Shabazz and Kyrie being the type of personalities and have the type of playing styles that they do, I think they could work... I'm a big fan of Shabazz and I really think he's going to be good in the NBA...

    If we're looking at how Grant has drafted, SF is the one big hole left on this team and Shabazz would actually very much complete his future starting 5 quite well if he planned to go that route... The worry of not having a guy to consistently being able to throw it down low to would be alleviated some by being very reliant on Dion, Shabazz and Kyrie, but it would also mean the Cavs would be a very perimeter oriented team... But I'm not sure if a Zeller-Thompson combo would be good enough on the interior defensively to withstand a perimeter of that trio...

    Just thinking out loud here but I just really think unless a big man separates himself from the pack, why reach for a big when someone like Shabazz might be sitting there? Now this might be a moot convo come draft night but no big man has made himself the unquestioned best big in the draft and I'm not sure if Zeller or Len have the ability to be a dominant big man, night-in and night-out...

    Here's to hoping Shabazz grows to be 6'5" or better come the Combine...

    (BTW--maybe throw Millsap in as a FA and how good does that core look?)

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smooth For This Useful Post:


  13. #895
    Valuable Trading Chip D-Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kent, OH
    Posts
    4,231
    Thanks
    3,655
    Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,619 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Just looking at standing reach and wingspan Shabazz has the size to play SF (6'11"+ wingspan and 8'8" standing reach). In the end it'll just come down to his strength and style of play rather than any sort of size related deficiencies when determining if he can play SF.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to D-Wreck For This Useful Post:


  15. #896
    Tonight's the night. B Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    4,233
    Thanks
    1,015
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 462 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    With the way the draft is starting to take shape and with where the Cavs are likely to be picking, I'm really starting to pull for Shabazz to be the Cavs 1st pick...

    I'm not sure how it would work with Kyrie, Dion and Shabazz and I'm not sure if he's big enough to play the 3 full time (he measured in at 6'4.5" w/o shoes this summer, although had 6'11.25" wingspan & 8'8" standing reach; similar build to Brandon Rush, Tyreke Evans, James Harden; longer arms than Harrison Barnes, BTW)... But with the talent looking to be available, I would have a hard time passing on Shabazz..

    Just thinking about it in your head, what sounds like a better trio?

    Shabazz, Dion, Kyrie?
    Len, Dion, Kyrie?
    Zeller, Dion, Kyrie?
    McAdoo, Dion, Kyrie?

    To me, as much as Len and Zeller are good centers, they don't seem to round out that deadly trio the Cavs are looking for...

    Now I realize this would make the Cavs very perimeter oriented and I'm not sure if all 3 could fit in the starting lineup together and work well, but I just don't see the talent at the top of this draft to warrant passing on someone like Shabazz... BUT with Shabazz and Kyrie being the type of personalities and have the type of playing styles that they do, I think they could work... I'm a big fan of Shabazz and I really think he's going to be good in the NBA...

    If we're looking at how Grant has drafted, SF is the one big hole left on this team and Shabazz would actually very much complete his future starting 5 quite well if he planned to go that route... The worry of not having a guy to consistently being able to throw it down low to would be alleviated some by being very reliant on Dion, Shabazz and Kyrie, but it would also mean the Cavs would be a very perimeter oriented team... But I'm not sure if a Zeller-Thompson combo would be good enough on the interior defensively to withstand a perimeter of that trio...

    Just thinking out loud here but I just really think unless a big man separates himself from the pack, why reach for a big when someone like Shabazz might be sitting there? Now this might be a moot convo come draft night but no big man has made himself the unquestioned best big in the draft and I'm not sure if Zeller or Len have the ability to be a dominant big man, night-in and night-out...

    Here's to hoping Shabazz grows to be 6'5" or better come the Combine...

    (BTW--maybe throw Millsap in as a FA and how good does that core look?)


    Had to throw your Millsap crush back in there didnt you?

    Realistically, he would be a great pickup if they did go the Shabazz route though, so I'm not even mad at you.
    ZZZ

  16. #897
    Team Player Len's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    727
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 476 Times in 192 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    If the Cavs miss out on Shabazz or Len Imma be pissed. I have been thinking of Wild Dream Scenario's of pairing Kyrie with people from upcomming draft classes. We already missed out on my ADavis dream, then we passed on Drummond, and with 2013 could we pass on Shabazz or Len?

    Next think you know, we will pass on Wiggins in 2014.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Len For This Useful Post:


  18. #898
    Veteran Saor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio/Scotland
    Posts
    7,453
    Thanks
    2,915
    Thanked 8,329 Times in 2,501 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    I think the Cavs have two major needs in addition to acquiring depth.

    We need a tough guy. We need a guy out there who makes it clear you don't come into the paint freely and who gives us a defensive identity. Tristan, Andy, and Tyler are nice guys but other teams don't fear them. I'm not saying we need a thug. But we need a presence.

    We need another top flight wing player. Someone who can hit open shots, defend well, and take pressure off Irving and Waiters. I am not opposed to taking a SG if they are far and away the most talented player available. e.g. if we were drafting 4th and Len, Muhammad, and Noel were all gone, the Cavs would have to look extremely hard at McLemore.

    I like many of our young pieces but we need more talent. I just hope the 2013 draft can provide it.

  19. #899
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,058
    Thanks
    7,124
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    Just looking at standing reach and wingspan Shabazz has the size to play SF (6'11"+ wingspan and 8'8" standing reach). In the end it'll just come down to his strength and style of play rather than any sort of size related deficiencies when determining if he can play SF.
    This. With an 8'8" standing reach and a 6'11.5" wingspan on top of weighing 225 and the frame to put on more weight (much bigger frame than a guy like Gee), that's plenty big enough to play small forward. Hell, that's actually longer and heavier than Alonzo, and he's a full-time SF. If he can do it, then Shabazz can do it. Hell, Barnes actually measured in at an 8'6" standing reach, and he's fine at SF. But yeah, here's to hoping that Shabazz grows a little more like Smooth said. If he doesn't, then he'll still be fine at the 3. Really, it's actually quite nice that Shabazz can be looked at as a SF-SG because, if we have him and Kyrie's on the bench and Dion's running point, Shabazz can slide over to the shooting guard position and Gee can come out and play small forward or vice versa.

    Shabazz is my favorite perimeter-oriented player right now. Now only if we could get Len on top of that.

    Btw, Shabazz was about a week shy of being 18 years, 5 months old when he was measured at the 2012 Nike Hoop Summit this past April. He has plenty of time to grow until next year's combine although I'm not counting on it.

    UPDATE: I just found something really neat on draftexpress.com. This puts together the average measurements from the NBA combine of every small forward ever drafted since the 2009 draft.

    Average height (w/o shoes): 6' 6.53"
    Shabazz's height (w/o shoes): 6'4.5"

    Average weight: 217 lbs
    Shabazz's weight: 225 lbs

    Average wingspan: 6' 10.7"
    Shabazz's wingspan: 6'11.25"

    Average standing reach: 8' 8.3"
    Shabazz's standing reach: 8'8"

    Shabazz comes below the average in height (which doesn't really matter compared to these next measurements), but he comes out on top in average weight and wingspan, being 8 lbs heavier than the average small forward in addition to having at least a half-inch advantage in wingspan compared to the average small forward, and he's only .3" lower in standing reach than the average small forward. By these indications, he's actually slightly above average overall in size and really being deficient in the one measurement that doesn't matter as much as the others, height.

    Case proven. He has the size for the 3.

    Combine that with his above-average athleticism, he will be able to hold his own if not have a physical advantage against most 3s.
    Last edited by Löttery Göd; 12-21-2012 at 01:26 AM.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:


  21. #900
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 596 Times in 343 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

    Shabazz looks like the kind of hybrid the Cavs would love. When Irving is off the court, they can just move Dion to the PG and Shabbazz to the 2. When Dion is off the court, they can move Shabbazz to the 2 and bring in Gee.

    Looks like Noel is being considered the consolation prize at 3. Sorta of a rich man's TT. Taller and longer. Needs alot of work on offense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •