View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 62 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,139 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Shack View Post
    I think Bennett is my top prospect in the draft. To me his lack of height is going to be a red herring. I still see him physically dominating PFs at the next level due to his combination of freakish explosiveness and strength. Then add in a very strong perimeter game for a PF and how natural and smooth he looks offensively, and the fact that he's having a 34 PER season as a freshman.. he just sounds perfect
    He would be my 3rd choice behind Len and Muhammad. My dream is to use that Lakers pick and trade up and get 2 out of the 3 somehow! A bit of a pipe dream but if bennet goes 9-12 it may be doable! Would love Orlando to start losing so thier 2nd rounder stats carrying more vaule. I would love to get rid oif the Sac pick once an for all while some GM still sees vlaue in it! If we cant trade up for Bennet then Plumlee or CJ Mccullum and finally end the revolving door at backup PG!

Thanks

Make a trade for Love, and draft Noel. Bam, front court done.

Thanks

Have a question. Does anyone on here think Noel can play center in the NBA? If we would draft him, I'd imagine us moving him to center to play along-side TT in the front court. Or do you guys think he'd be better at PF?

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Adam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Winnersville View Post
    Have a question. Does anyone on here think Noel can play center in the NBA? If we would draft him, I'd imagine us moving him to center to play along-side TT in the front court. Or do you guys think he'd be better at PF?
    He has the size to play the center, not the bulk but that will come. His game is also 5 feet and in. In so many ways he is like a rich mans deandre jordan
    'The truth is in the middle' apparently

Team Player
    Thanks

If thew draft were tomorrow, who would you take at #1?

Chad Ford (1:48 PM)

I don't think there's a clear No. 1 pick this year so it probably would depend on what I needed. Nerlens Noel is still No. 1 on our Big Board and has been since July 1st. But if I didn't need a big athletic defensive presence, I might opt for Shabazz or McLemore. And if I needed a big who could really generate offense, I might lean toward Alex Len. I know that's a wishy-washy answer, but right now, that's what the talent justifies.

So basically if we want a scorer at the wing we go shabazz and if we want low post presence we go Len.
    I think Len is gonna be even better pro cause watching maryland he doesnt get the ball as much as he should. a 7'1 center who has low post skills are essential. He has shown a turnaround jumper, pump fake, and spin moves in the paint. He would also make a great pick and roll center who spaces the floor for TT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brooksfosho View Post
    I'm all for Isaiah Austin. The combination of size, length, athleticism, and talent he possesses is absurd; the only thing he needs to work on is adding weight, which will figure itself out relatively quickly working with NBA trainers. Other than Bazz, I think he's the only other no brainer in the draft when it comes to producing at the next level. He also seems to have a leveled head which is always a positive. I'd take him over Noel any day - Austin has a lot of skill and can hit a shot from anywhere on the court, and we're going to need scoring from our frontcourt going forward.
    How was his play in December, especially how was his defense? I only checked a few box scores, but didnt watch a game from him...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel89 View Post
    How was his play in December, especially how was his defense? I only checked a few box scores, but didnt watch a game from him...
    Unfortunately I haven't gotten to watch him much either - damn night classes. Hopefully someone else can chime in with their thoughts on his recent outings. Otherwise, similarly to Miller and PJ3 the past couple of years, Austin hasn't gotten too many touches on the ball, because for whatever reason their coach absolutely loves backcourt-dominant basketball. He's put up some pretty good numbers in the past few games though; double-double's in the past three, a monster 23-17 game vs. a scrub team in Lamar, and most recently 5 blocks against BYU.

I don't think too many players in the upcoming draft will mesh well with our current roster, which is why I think one of Austin or Len will ultimately be our best/most realistic picks. They both have the height, length, offensive skillsets, and defensive capabilities to succeed in the league at their respective positions.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to brooks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

How's Kyle Anderson playing now? Saw that he put up two gigantic lines in his last three games, he could be a walking triple double in the NCAA.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    How's Kyle Anderson playing now? Saw that he put up two gigantic lines in his last three games, he could be a walking triple double in the NCAA.
    He's incredibly productive in a number of ways although I would say he's a very odd player. UCLA had Fresno outclassed in every facet of the game.

He positions himself well for rebounds - his court vision is awesome yet his shot isn't really falling at all. One of the more unconventional players I have seen. I'm pretty sure when they play Missouri tomorrow evening it is nationally televised, so if you have time you will have to tune in. He's a good basketball player but it's difficult to grasp how he is going to translate imo

Jordan Adams has been the most consistently impressive player on that team also I think.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    He's incredibly productive in a number of ways although I would say he's a very odd player. UCLA had Fresno outclassed in every facet of the game.

He positions himself well for rebounds - his court vision is awesome yet his shot isn't really falling at all. One of the more unconventional players I have seen. I'm pretty sure when they play Missouri tomorrow evening it is nationally televised, so if you have time you will have to tune in. He's a good basketball player but it's difficult to grasp how he is going to translate imo

Jordan Adams has been the most consistently impressive player on that team also I think.
    At the very least he would be able to play Luke Walton's roll as the pick and roll/hub PF off the bench, he'd fit that perfectly. I wonder if he can shoot well enough from outside and defend well enough to play as an NBA 3. If he can be that point forward, it'll be really interesting to see how he's used in the league. He's definitely got PF size, but I don't think he'll be able to ever play as a starting PF given his frame and lack of athleticism.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 Times in 775 Posts

If we end up having our pick, or another pick, being somewhere between 5-10, I have a lot of interest in Anthony Bennett. Kid just has a great feel for the game.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm feeling A LOT more confident in this draft than the 2011 draft. The 2011 draft so far has been a rather terrible draft, and I just don't remember being as high on players from that draft as I am on this draft. This is certainly no 2003 draft, but I don't think this draft will be all that bad.

I do think that some guys are overrated though like Noel. He's just so incapable offensively that it's not really worth drafting him. He also needs to put on about 40 lbs if he is to be our center. Len is 90% the defender that Noel is, yet he's much bigger and a much better offensive player. He might end up being a better defender overall than Noel in the NBA because he's already got NBA weight to him (or at least is much, much closer to ideal NBA weight). Noel's frame is much smaller than Anthony Davis' frame. You can tell that Davis has the potential to put on a lot of weight, whereas Noel will have to work a lot harder to do it.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

I think the term "bad draft" gets thrown around too loosely around here. Omg! We don't know who the #1 pick is going to be! Bad draft. We aren't sure if there's all-star talent! Awful draft.

There's some legit talent here I don't know why people are complaining.

Len
    Muhammad
    McLemore
    Noel
    Austin
    Goodwin
    Poythress
    Zeller
    Bennett

What's wrong.with that talent pool? Oh, there's question marks? In a professional league's draft? Color me shocked.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 531 Posts

McLemore and Muhammad would be awesome, but not sure how either would work if we have Dion. Coming off the bench again may hurt his confidence.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    McLemore and Muhammad would be awesome, but not sure how either would work if we have Dion. Coming off the bench again may hurt his confidence.
    McLemore AND Muhammad? As in drafting both of them? I've thought about it and like the idea, but I'd rather somehow draft Len and Muhammad although I don't see that happening with Len and Shabazz being the best interior and wing player in the draft respectively. Len and McLemore might be an option though.