View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 68 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

The more I look at this draft, I'm not real impressed...it's better than 2011, but nowhere near as deep as 2012. Last year at this time, I remember feeling pretty comfortable with prospects projected into the mid to late teens, with this class, it's hard to get excited about anyone after the top 4-5. I'd have no problem using this pick (even unprotected) as a major trade chip.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 1,665 Posts

Why are these top prospects going to Baylor? Every time i watch them they look poorly coached and they never seemed to get the most out of all the talent they have. I wouldn't be surprised if that program gets blown up due to rules violations at some point
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I am going to say that Isaiah Austin is the best player in this draft.

Not too many have seen him play, but I think by the end of the collegiate basketball season, he will be on the top of many draft boards. People point out that he is too skinny, but the same was said about Durant.

The kid can do everything.
    I've been saying this for a while now AMC, he can do things other 7 footers can only dream of, and he can do it incredibly naturally. He's probably got as developed a post game as any big in the draft and his faceup and pick and roll game could be very effective in the NBA as well. In the last game I watched against Gonzaga, he was pulling off several stepback 18 foot jumpers against Gonzaga's 7 footer. If he can bulk his body up to KG/LaMarcus/Bosh level, I don't see why he can't be an all star.

Anyways, he's really turned it on as of late. 17.3/11.3 over his last 4 with conference play starting. I don't know if I'd call him the best player in this draft because of his build, but he's always intrigued me the most out of any prospect.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

So... what are people's opinions on Ben McLemore?
    From the video it seems like he has crazy hops, good form on his shot and can play off the ball.. Obviously would mean that Waiters comes off the bench, but maybe thats better for him..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiorulez For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know Rch and all the other UNC fans can comment on this more than I can, but damn James Michael McAdoo looks incredibly unimpressive. It's not a case of Derrick Williams dominating by doing some things he physically won't be able to do in the NBA but dominating in college, he just can't do any one thing at an elite level even in college. I'd love to take him if he declares and falls to the 20s, but with the type of season he's having he'll probably just stay in school.

Thanks

Isaiah Austin's skills are incredible. He was in foul trouble the entire half, but now he's 6-6 for 15 points and just hit a stepback 3. It's a testament to his soft touch that he gets his post touches to fall despite being bodied up while he takes the shot. Anthony Bennett would probably be a clear #1 pick if he was 3 inches taller, and Austin would probably be the clear #1 if he was 30 lbs heavier. It is what it is, but I'd love to at least take a good long look at this guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    I feel the exact same way. I see absolutely nothing special in addition to having no jumper. Besides his build I don't see what he offers.
    How could we not be interested in a hybrid verion of LeBron, Kobe, and Steve Nash?

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 681 Posts

Grant would obviously be fired if we passed on Nash for said reason. Funny, he possesses pieces of all of their names yet absolutely none of their skills. Ha.

Howler you know how I feel about Austin, so yeah. He shit all over Tech. Gotta get this dude to eat some sandwiches in the offseason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Grant would obviously be fired if we passed on Nash for said reason. Funny, he possesses pieces of all of their names yet absolutely none of their skills. Ha.

Howler you know how I feel about Austin, so yeah. He shit all over Tech. Gotta get this dude to eat some sandwiches in the offseason.
    One thing I did notice is that they seem to be feeding Austin in the post much more than they did either PJIII or Quincy Miller, and much more than they did to start the season. I'm not sure if that'll continue when they're in a dogfight and find themselves down to start the game, but at least they're giving him more chances to show/develop his skills.

Team Player
    Thanks

How do people feel about GR3 (glen robinson 3)? He is slotted tp be picked 10-15 and plays SF nbadraft.net came out with his first scouting report/comparison, his comparison is andre igudala.

NBA Comparson: Andre Iguodala
    Strengths: Not to be confused with NFL's RG3, "GR3" is an above the rim athlete with star potential ... Smooth. Makes everything look easy. Wing player who attacks the basket and makes highlight finishes ... Quick, explosive leaping ability. Gets to the rim in a hurry ... Has a good feel for the game and solid perimeter skills ...Versatile wing with the ISO ability to create shots off the dribble as well as the vision to find teammates ... Runs the floor well and has the fluidity and body control to make acrobatic plays at the rim in transition ... Surprising all around skills for a freshman ... NBA ready body. Focused. Shows strong maturity, both mentally and physically, for a first year college player ... Good decision maker ... Very efficient scorer. 59% from the floor ... Competitive ... Unselfish. Team player. Excellent form on his shot, and shows range to knock down the college three ball consistently. Father was known for being a deadly pull up shooter, and GR3 shows potential to develop the same skill ... Understands spacing. Adept scorer with the ability to find cracks in the defense and moves well to get open ... Solid defender. Gets low, good fundamentals and effort ... Slashes to the basket well for rebounds. Understands positioning and boxing out ... Physical strength and explosiveness allow him to out-rebound bigger opponents. Good anticipation. Very good second leaper allows him to grab a board and make a follow up dunk ... Good length. Wingspan likely in the 6'10 range ...

Weaknesses: Despite being the team's most talented prospect, at times can be too unselfish. He is the third option on the Michigan team after Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr., and has accepted his underclassman role being more of a glue guy who looks for baskets within the flow of a game ... Some may question his ability to be the star of a team because of this ... At 6'6, he's on the smaller side for the 3 position, but could conceivably develop into a SG over time ... Offensive game shows nice potential but still has a lot of room for improvement. Creating and pulling up off the dribble ... Shoots a hair below 70% from the FT line. Nothing too concerning but should be better considering his excellent form ... Should concentrate on becoming a vocal team leader. Can also improve on his on ball defense ...

Notes: Father Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson was a former #1 overall pick (1994), and shows the same type of elite level athleticism ... He's got a feel for the game that a player who grew up around the game normally possesses ... Unlikely to be fazed by making the jump to the NBA having grown up around the league and should receive solid advice on the off court and business end of the game ...Will likely become the unquestioned team leader and first option if he returns to Ann Arbor for his sophomore year ... Has top 10 pick potential.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    Isaiah Austin's skills are incredible. He was in foul trouble the entire half, but now he's 6-6 for 15 points and just hit a stepback 3. It's a testament to his soft touch that he gets his post touches to fall despite being bodied up while he takes the shot. Anthony Bennett would probably be a clear #1 pick if he was 3 inches taller, and Austin would probably be the clear #1 if he was 30 lbs heavier. It is what it is, but I'd love to at least take a good long look at this guy.
    He could possibly be available in the mid-lottery (5-10). If we get the OKC pick, we could draft him and Shabazz.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorulez View Post

So... what are people's opinions on Ben McLemore?
    From the video it seems like he has crazy hops, good form on his shot and can play off the ball.. Obviously would mean that Waiters comes off the bench, but maybe thats better for him..
    Part of the concern with McLemore, at least for me, is that he can only play without the ball. That is, his ball handling is sub par for a wing and he may end up as just an athletic 3 and D type of player. While I think he can definitely improve, and his athleticism is intriguing, his current lack of moves may limit his offensive potential.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 546 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    How do people feel about GR3 (glen robinson 3)? He is slotted tp be picked 10-15 and plays SF nbadraft.net came out with his first scouting report/comparison, his comparison is andre igudala.

NBA Comparson: Andre Iguodala
    Strengths: Not to be confused with NFL's RG3, "GR3" is an above the rim athlete with star potential ... Smooth. Makes everything look easy. Wing player who attacks the basket and makes highlight finishes ... Quick, explosive leaping ability. Gets to the rim in a hurry ... Has a good feel for the game and solid perimeter skills ...Versatile wing with the ISO ability to create shots off the dribble as well as the vision to find teammates ... Runs the floor well and has the fluidity and body control to make acrobatic plays at the rim in transition ... Surprising all around skills for a freshman ... NBA ready body. Focused. Shows strong maturity, both mentally and physically, for a first year college player ... Good decision maker ... Very efficient scorer. 59% from the floor ... Competitive ... Unselfish. Team player. Excellent form on his shot, and shows range to knock down the college three ball consistently. Father was known for being a deadly pull up shooter, and GR3 shows potential to develop the same skill ... Understands spacing. Adept scorer with the ability to find cracks in the defense and moves well to get open ... Solid defender. Gets low, good fundamentals and effort ... Slashes to the basket well for rebounds. Understands positioning and boxing out ... Physical strength and explosiveness allow him to out-rebound bigger opponents. Good anticipation. Very good second leaper allows him to grab a board and make a follow up dunk ... Good length. Wingspan likely in the 6'10 range ...

Weaknesses: Despite being the team's most talented prospect, at times can be too unselfish. He is the third option on the Michigan team after Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr., and has accepted his underclassman role being more of a glue guy who looks for baskets within the flow of a game ... Some may question his ability to be the star of a team because of this ... At 6'6, he's on the smaller side for the 3 position, but could conceivably develop into a SG over time ... Offensive game shows nice potential but still has a lot of room for improvement. Creating and pulling up off the dribble ... Shoots a hair below 70% from the FT line. Nothing too concerning but should be better considering his excellent form ... Should concentrate on becoming a vocal team leader. Can also improve on his on ball defense ...

Notes: Father Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson was a former #1 overall pick (1994), and shows the same type of elite level athleticism ... He's got a feel for the game that a player who grew up around the game normally possesses ... Unlikely to be fazed by making the jump to the NBA having grown up around the league and should receive solid advice on the off court and business end of the game ...Will likely become the unquestioned team leader and first option if he returns to Ann Arbor for his sophomore year ... Has top 10 pick potential.
    I would absolutely love GRIII on the Cavs, especially if he's our second pick. Tough rebounder, explosive athlete, loads of potential. That being said, I think he goes back to Michigan is they don't win the national title. He can become a top 5 pick with another year in school, and Michigan should still be loaded.

Team Player
    Thanks

Also a huge fan of GR3, to me he's a perfect fit for what the cavs a need at the three, an efficient, doesn't need the ball type of player.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 681 Posts

I love GR3. Best thing to ever happen to my high school lol
    Last edited by MGMT; 01-08-2013 at 11:27 PM.