View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 80 of 576 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 780 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Wine and Gold View Post
    I actually think that Livingston has a chance to stick with us ... I really like what I've seen of him, and think he brings to the team exactly what we need from the backup for Kyrie ..I think his skill set meshes well with both Dion and Kyrie when one or the other is resting .. I also like Gee as our small forward backup down the road .. love the defensive game he has, and plays the game the right way. Gee fits what a contending team needs from a backup SF, IMHO. His offensive game isn't to the level to start in this league on a championship caliber team, but as a complimentary piece off the bench ...he's just what the Dr. ordered...
    Who would be our starting SF in your scenario, W&G?

A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,811 Times in 752 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Who would be our starting SF in your scenario, W&G?
    Gotta think it would have to be Omri, right ?

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wine and Gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 841 Posts

Gotta think it would have to be Omri, right ?
    Two insiders talking. This is gonna be good.
    When in doubt, step up the defense

Thanks

there are a lot of stinking teams making the run for the bottom. The cavs may have to get worse though i don't know how. I think in this draft you have to get a top 2 pick to get a sure thing. A top 4 pick to get a very good speculation, and a top 6 pick to get a guaranteed starter.

shabazz and len look like the sure things. noel, and mclemore look like they could be even better but need more seasoning. zeller and gobert to me look like they could be starters, but might not have the complete games or potential to be all stars. after that its a lot of role players.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oasis05 View Post
    there are a lot of stinking teams making the run for the bottom. The cavs may have to get worse though i don't know how. I think in this draft you have to get a top 2 pick to get a sure thing. A top 4 pick to get a very good speculation, and a top 6 pick to get a guaranteed starter.

shabazz and len look like the sure things. noel, and mclemore look like they could be even better but need more seasoning. zeller and gobert to me look like they could be starters, but might not have the complete games or potential to be all stars. after that its a lot of role players.
    Interesting. I assume you've watched Gobert play a bunch in the French league?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 618 Posts

He shows everything you want in an elite center prospect. Left hand, right hand, steals, blocks, boards, runs like a deer, finishes strong inside with very quick defensive instincts.
    Last edited by TyGuy; 01-17-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks

Wow... how can you not like his game as a freshman and see that the sky is the limit for that kid. He probably hasn't needed a jump shot, so who's to say he can't develop one? I like how quick he is with his feet in helping on defense, and a quick leaper too. Kid was on the floor more than Andy is with his hustle... he was playing hard and yeah, he's light in the britches, but he was working hard for position on offense too.
    Money will buy a fine dog . . .

but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,811 Times in 752 Posts

Texas A&M center is probably still having nightmares ...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,397 Times in 2,190 Posts

Texas A&M center is probably still having nightmares ...
    Yet Kentucky still lost. Make it not a big deal that with all of the talent including a possible 1st overall pick and 3 or 4 other 1st rounders that Kentucky isnt better. Makes me nervous that Noel has some hollow stats. I am not saying i am a Nerlens expert, just saying I am not 100% sold by any means, I like Shabazz's game more at this point if we get the #1 over all.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    He shows everything you want in an elite center prospect. Left hand, right hand, steals, blocks, boards, runs like a deer, finishes strong inside with very quick defensive instincts.
    That's crazy. The guy was literally pick-pocketing perimeter players in those highlights like a guard would. Shit's crazy. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from the guy. He's clearly the best defensive player in college, and his offensive game was looking like more than just a garbage game. The guy was able to put up hooks with both hands like you said, TyGuy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yet Kentucky still lost. Make it not a big deal that with all of the talent including a possible 1st overall pick and 3 or 4 other 1st rounders that Kentucky isnt better. Makes me nervous that Noel has some hollow stats. I am not saying i am a Nerlens expert, just saying I am not 100% sold by any means, I like Shabazz's game more at this point if we get the #1 over all.
    I'll step uo to bat for Noel on this one. UK has a lot of problems, but Noels defensive play is pretty much the only thing keeping them together. They get inconsistent effort from poythress, wild stretches from goodwin, a really slow start from ryan harrow, and lots of minutes for wiltjer and his complete lack of D. Noel isnt anthony davis, but his effort and hustle have made up for a lot of their mistakes. And if you watch tape from the first game of the season till now, he looks better on offense already. Still nowhere near nba ready, but give it a few years.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,896 Posts

I like Len. He reminds me more of a Gasol type than a Z type, though.

I like Noel a lot. I'd also consider him. I think Len is a better fit, but Noel has super star potential. Guys that big and athletic don't grow on trees.

Still on the Shabazz train if we get #1, but I'd think of either of these guys if we can't get Shabazz.

Rising out of the ashes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

Some of you guys talking about "fit"... man, that's how you end up passing on an All-NBA talent for a guy who makes an All-Star game or two. Or worse, do what Grant did in Atlanta and pass on Chris Paul for Marvin Williams.

Also, wait til tourney time. Nerlens Noel is gonna shine on that big stage, and probably carry them to a win or two that shouldnt happen. He's the guy I want. Irving and Noel would be fantastic, and God help the league if you-know-who decided to hop on board.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,041 Posts

Last year's Kentucky team is the exception, not the rule. Freshman-heavy teams hardly ever blitz through the season the way last year's group did (and that team still had some guys who had been there in Liggins, Miller, Lamb, and even Jones).

Kentucky is performing as one would normally expect.

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,219 Times in 2,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    I haven't watched a lot college hoops. Is this mix pretty typical of his game? Because it looks crazy good. I thought the big knock on the guy is that he's too raw offensively, but I see a guy demanding the ball on the block and finishing strong. Sounds pretty close to what we need.

Does he have any kind of outside shot?