View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 81 of 576 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 3,394 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    I haven't watched a lot college hoops. Is this mix pretty typical of his game? Because it looks crazy good. I thought the big knock on the guy is that he's too raw offensively, but I see a guy demanding the ball on the block and finishing strong. Sounds pretty close to what we need.

Does he have any kind of outside shot?
    Again, I think his offensive game is vastly underrated. He's not elite, but he has some good post moves and finishes well around this rim. His offensive game is far more advanced than Tristan's. People are equating offense with shooting when they talk about Noel, he has no trace of a jumper.
    Ass pennies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Luke, I am your Father Bill Walton.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    I haven't watched a lot college hoops. Is this mix pretty typical of his game? Because it looks crazy good. I thought the big knock on the guy is that he's too raw offensively, but I see a guy demanding the ball on the block and finishing strong. Sounds pretty close to what we need.

Does he have any kind of outside shot?
    No but he does have a flattop.
    Read this:
    As I've said before, I never repeat myself

Got something you want me to say? Post it here: http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...lton-Post-1000

Thanks
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

I think my top tier has dropped down to 3 players: Noel, Shabazz, and McLemore. Len is nice, but I don't think he has nearly the upside of these guys. For one, he is in his 2nd season while all of these guys are in their 1st seasons playing. I just see much higher upside with all 3.

Out of those 3, Shabazz would be the safest pick and best fit, but I just feel that Noel and McLemore have uber high ceilings. Noel has a chance to become repeat DPOY while McLemore looks like LITERALLY the prototypical 2-guard (elite shooting, great off the ball playing, elite athleticism). I think Kyrie would have a field day with any three of those guys.

If we somehow get the Lakers' pick, does Michael Carter-Williams interest anyone? Very interesting prospect although I'm not sure how well he'd fit on the team.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 770 Posts

I think we will draft Len. For one, he fits a need in our team and another is because of his character (reference to W&G's post about the kid's work ethic).
    When in doubt, step up the defense

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mAo_mAo View Post
    I think we will draft Len. For one, he fits a need in our team and another is because of his character (reference to W&G's post about the kid's work ethic).
    And I will continue to be disappointed as the Cavs never seem to draft the guy I want (outside of Kyrie).
    Ass pennies

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

I still think this team needs another scorer and I don't know if Len would fit that role. I prefer Muhammad and mclemore in this draft. If I had to take a center give me Noel every day of the week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofire View Post
    I still think this team needs another scorer and I don't know if Len would fit that role. I prefer Muhammad and mclemore in this draft. If I had to take a center give me Noel every day of the week.
    Well if you want a scorer then Len should be your guy more than Noel. Len has a very polished offensive game, much better than Noel's. Noel is the superior athlete and his a phenomenal defender. Overall I think Noel has a higher ceiling, but Len will likely always be a more polished scorer.

Bazz and McLemore both look like they'll be great scorers at the next level, McLemore and Bazz are probably my two favorite prospects this year in that order. Noel would be third and I hope he's the guy we pick, just because I get the feeling Grant is going to go with a big. The only way I see us getting McLemore or Bazz is if Noel and Len are both off the board and one of these guys falls. I think Bazz is the more natural scorer of the two, but both guys are going to be good. If McLemore can improve his handles he'll be nasty.
    Ass pennies

A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,242 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yet Kentucky still lost. Make it not a big deal that with all of the talent including a possible 1st overall pick and 3 or 4 other 1st rounders that Kentucky isnt better. Makes me nervous that Noel has some hollow stats. I am not saying i am a Nerlens expert, just saying I am not 100% sold by any means, I like Shabazz's game more at this point if we get the #1 over all.
    Kentucky has issues that last year's team didn't .. .they , of course, are incredibly young.. not saying they will be but..they should be much better by tournament time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wine and Gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Noel is looking Like a Stud! Since I'm positive this will be our last High Pick for years to come our future center without question has to come from this Draft.

While we're here, let's also Draft Myck Kabongo or Russ Smith with #32 then Blow some Future Assets and trade WAY UP with Pick #16(LAL)/ Pick #36(ORL)/2014 2nd Pick(ORL)/2015 1st(MIA) Top 3 Protected/ Any two of the following:

Omri Casspi
    Jon Leuer
    CJ Miles
    J. Pargo
    K. Jones

Anthony Bennett with Pick #7

2009/10 (Wins) = 2011',12',13 = A Fuck'in Bunch of Draft Picks!

Irving
    TT
    Dion
    Zeller
    Noel
    Kabongo
    Bennett

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 981 Posts

I couldn't help but be reminded of alonzo mourning when watching that noel highlight film, the timing of the blocks but also the fact that he was generally using them to ignite the break, more useful than a dwight howard style rejection out of bounds

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sawduzt For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Interesting. I assume you've watched Gobert play a bunch in the French league?
    Hard to tell with the lack of competition where gobert is. no one knows. I've seen a handful of gobert on bad feeds online. To me he looks like he could be the next camby, and obviously the nba agrees with him likely going in the top 10. we'll have a much better look when he comes stateside and plays against equal athletes. I think he'll be far better off to take a shot at the nba than to continue to dwell in the low levels of europe. It was much easier to get video on jonas than gobert. I think gobert is an unknown, I'd bet he's going to look great in the nba though. He'll be an elite physical specimen even by nba standards.

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 981 Posts

The problem with rating bigs is they are so dependant on guard play, if gobert has offensive game but lacks opportunity due to poor guard play then you wouldn't be able to necessarily identify it from game footage. The same can be said for Isaiah Austin at Baylor

Situational Stopper pinoycavsfan's Avatar
    Thanks

1. noel
    2. shabazz
    3. len
    4. mclemore

these are my top 4 pick in order of priority. noel will be the best pick of this draft; long, athletic, great timing and instincts, and quick off his feet. after passing up on drummond, i hope grant picks noel if he has the chance. Kyrie-waiters-SF-Noel-Varejao is a heck of a defensive running team. TT and Zeller can come off the bench with this line-up and we would be a nightmare against teams because of the length and defensive capabilities of our frontline. the heat would have a terrible time against our frontcourt; we could just zone them everytime and they would have a hard time driving and shooting over us.. we would probably lead the league in steals and fastbreak points.. having noel also preserves varejao from too much playing time and injury. some of the posters here dont want a TT-noel frontline because we their offensive limitations, but the coaching staff can work things out.. Noel/Varejao, Varejao/TT, TT/Zeller is a heck of a rotation and the cavs would never lose too much its defensive capabilities and scoring..

shabazz is the safest pick and most likely be the best pair for kyrie.. an SG who works off the ball and can post up.. one thing that helped kyrie in his rookie season is having parker move off the ball and be a threat in offense. i remember kyrie last year having good assist numbers just off of parker jumpshots, jamison flips, and varejao pick n roll.. having a scoring threat in muhammad and moving waiters to the bench also improves our bench scoring. i dont agree putting shabazz at SF, i believe putting him in a position where he thrives will help him develop faster. dion can be our initiator off the bench along with livingston.. i believe this will help dion to slow his game down and improve over time.

len, according to some of you here, is Z-lite.. i dont know if i want a slow center with kyrie but if he's the next best big then we should get him..

mclemore, for me, is redundant with dion waiters.. if he's the best available pcik for the cavs then the cavs should take him in spite of dion.. we could trade one of them in the future..

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinoycavsfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,826 Times in 9,210 Posts

If you're going to take a big, please take the explosively athletic guy over another white guy. Please God, no more white guys.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinoycavsfan View Post
    1. noel
    2. shabazz
    3. len
    4. mclemore

these are my top 4 pick in order of priority. noel will be the best pick of this draft; long, athletic, great timing and instincts, and quick off his feet. after passing up on drummond, i hope grant picks noel if he has the chance. Kyrie-waiters-SF-Noel-Varejao is a heck of a defensive running team. TT and Zeller can come off the bench with this line-up and we would be a nightmare against teams because of the length and defensive capabilities of our frontline. the heat would have a terrible time against our frontcourt; we could just zone them everytime and they would have a hard time driving and shooting over us.. we would probably lead the league in steals and fastbreak points.. having noel also preserves varejao from too much playing time and injury. some of the posters here dont want a TT-noel frontline because we their offensive limitations, but the coaching staff can work things out.. Noel/Varejao, Varejao/TT, TT/Zeller is a heck of a rotation and the cavs would never lose too much its defensive capabilities and scoring..

shabazz is the safest pick and most likely be the best pair for kyrie.. an SG who works off the ball and can post up.. one thing that helped kyrie in his rookie season is having parker move off the ball and be a threat in offense. i remember kyrie last year having good assist numbers just off of parker jumpshots, jamison flips, and varejao pick n roll.. having a scoring threat in muhammad and moving waiters to the bench also improves our bench scoring. i dont agree putting shabazz at SF, i believe putting him in a position where he thrives will help him develop faster. dion can be our initiator off the bench along with livingston.. i believe this will help dion to slow his game down and improve over time.

len, according to some of you here, is Z-lite.. i dont know if i want a slow center with kyrie but if he's the next best big then we should get him..

mclemore, for me, is redundant with dion waiters.. if he's the best available pcik for the cavs then the cavs should take him in spite of dion.. we could trade one of them in the future..
    Bolded, agree. With AV's injury, I think we'll see his contract out. He needs protection from the minutes he gets, and getting Noel will do that.

I do not want a SG/SF hybrid. Team is not ready for that now, and we need this last important asset (high 1st round pick) on a BIG. Absolutely necessary. Gives us flexibility to trade AV next year as well.

I feel we are destined for the bottom 3, guaranteeing us a pick in that range. If 3, we'll get either Noel or Len. If they go 1 - 2, then I jump off my roof.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoCavFan For This Useful Post: