View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 87 of 576 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 573 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    Then Bowie it is
    The center from Kentucky?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,953 Times in 2,095 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by narbar32 View Post
    The center from Kentucky?
    Len is more like Bowie, but lets not confuse Noel with Hakeem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Len is more like Bowie, but lets not confuse Noel with Hakeem.
    I just hope we don't miss out on one of the top 4 clear cut best prospects and end up having to settle for that too-short, chubby PF at 5.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to narbar32 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narbar32 View Post
    I just hope we don't miss out on one of the top 4 clear cut best prospects and end up having to settle for that too-short, chubby PF at 5.
    Charles Barkley?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drewz05 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drewz05 View Post
    Charles Barkley?
    Anthony Bennett

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,376 Posts

I just watched the first half of Baylor vs Oklahoma State. Isaiah Austin looked great. He has so much potential especially if he adds way. I'd take him over Len right now. Hes 7'1 with long ass arms. Pretty good athlete and a good looking J. He'll be a top five pick. Too much size and potential not to be.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,820 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    I just watched the first half of Baylor vs Oklahoma State. Isaiah Austin looked great. He has so much potential especially if he adds way. I'd take him over Len right now. Hes 7'1 with long ass arms. Pretty good athlete and a good looking J. He'll be a top five pick. Too much size and potential not to be.
    Those pipe cleaner legs scare me. I can't see him holding ground in the post against NBA big men.
    Questions or Problems? Text me at (216) 395-4RCF

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nash's lack of production this season is obviously concerning, but the guy's talent level is so high. He gets talked about like he's raw, but he's really not. His perimeter skill game looks really smooth and natural to me in every game or clip I see. Almost like a poor man's Melo. If anything one of his flaws is that he plays like a much less athletic player than he is, often below the rim (Though the NCAA's clogged spacing may be one reason he struggles to slash)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Love the way Fran Fraschilla breaks down Austin, I agree with pretty much everything about it. He'll get drafted high because of his offensive potential on the block and shooting the ball, but he'll be a pretty big developmental project while you wait for his body to catch up to his skills. Love the way he's blocking shots in the paint today, I haven't seen much of that this year.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper Halloween Runner Champion Jellyfish Invaders Champion Cheesy Pizza Designer 2 : Cheddar Madness Champion Worm Happy Champion Escher Champion Snake Champion Snake Champion Fishenoid Champion Turbospot Champion Bullet Blocker Champion Jigsaw: Grapes Champion Cuboy Facebutt Champion Imbossible Champion Jigsaw: Purple Decoration Champion Jigsaw: Mushrooms And Wine Champion Skedaddle Champion BubbleWrap Champion Bridgit Mendler Puzzle Game Champion Cascade Champion Displacer Champion Track the Ball Champion Jigsaw: Old Stone Bridge Champion Jigsaw: Evening Light Champion Hidden Ambers - Nature 3 Champion Water Man Champion Sweet hearts Champion Jigsaw: Guacamole Champion
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shack View Post
    Nash's lack of production this season is obviously concerning, but the guy's talent level is so high. He gets talked about like he's raw, but he's really not. His perimeter skill game looks really smooth and natural to me in every game or clip I see. Almost like a poor man's Melo. If anything one of his flaws is that he plays like a much less athletic player than he is, often below the rim (Though the NCAA's clogged spacing may be one reason he struggles to slash)
    He's also a terrible outside shooter.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,551 Times in 1,566 Posts

As of right now, I'm fully on board the Nerlens Noel bandwagon...

The thing that sucks is there isn't a standout player or two at the top of the draft that can really make a large impact on both ends... But out of all the guys in the draft, I think Noel has the chance to be the biggest impact player for this team out of the guys at the top...

Len is the only guy right now who I see potentially on the same level as Noel and would be a very nice consolation prize... The only concern I have with Len is if he can truly be an elite center or he'll just be a good do everything center like Roy Hibbert... Not that there's anything wrong with that, but when you're drafting at the top you're looking for high impact players..

I was initially weary of the idea of drafting someone like Noel with Thompson on the team but I don't think this draft affords you the ability to be that picky... I also don't think Thompson is at a level or has the ceiling to drastically alter draft plans for the 2013 draft...

To me, what stands out about Noel is his athletic ability and mobility for someone his size... Guys that have that type of athletic ability and movement skills don't usually have that size... It's rare that you see someone so effortlessly moving up and down the court and in the half-court setting; he's so fluid for a big...

The other thing is that, if you're going to be committing to a backcourt of Waiters and Irving, having a strong interior defense is critical... Having a strong interior defense is critical regardless but it's even more so with a backcourt pairing of Waiters and Irving... It's why, despite being good offensively, I'd rather not see Austin, Zeller or even Bennett on this team... With the way this core is constructed, it's not a smart idea to draft one of those guys... While they may be offensively talented, they don't do enough defensively to warrant a high pick on this team... In the case of Austin and Zeller, I don't see them as being good enough defensively to control the paint and that really concerns me...For Bennett, I don't think he's good enough defensively nor do I think it'd be wise to take a PF when Thompson on the roster...

With Noel, I see someone who is going to control the paint with his shot-blocking ability... The Cavs haven't seen a legit shot-blocker to patrol the paint in a while.. Noel is a very good shot-blocker, even more so with his vertical, length, timing and ability to block shots with both hands... He also will be a asset on defense because he's going to be an excellent P&R defender with his hands, lateral agility and overall mobility... Now the worry with him is his strength down low but how many true backdown centers are left in the game? Gasol? Hibbert? Lopez? You can mention Howard but no one can truly contain him... My point is that the ability that the center position is different than it was 10 years ago and is trending in a way where Noel is going to get away with being a bit on the thing size... Granted he's probably only around 220lbs, he'll only be 19 around draft time and he has the frame to put on some bulk... Plus being in a NBA weight program will help... Larry Sanders weighed in at 222, Joakim Noah at 223, Marcus Camby 223, Tyson Chandler at 224, etc., so I mean it is possible...

Now offensively he's not anywhere near being a polished player or ready to carry the load by any means, but he's going to score off P&R opportunities, off of offensive rebounds, alley-oops, in transition, etc... He's not going to be a liability either because teams are going to need to keep a body on him or else he's going to get a easy two one way or another... The other thing is that he's a pretty good passer too so he's not a completely raw offensive player... Now I'm not sure how he and Thompson would work, especially with them being players most efficient from 10 feet and in, but I don't think it would be a complete disaster..

I would rather have to worry about Noel and Thompson offensively than I would about Austin, Zeller or Bennett defensively with Waiters and Irving... With Len, there seems to be the happy medium between the two which is why he's a very attractive option... Like I said, I just don't know if he's going to be elite at any one thing... (P.S. - is it me or does Len seem to struggle finishing around the rim? Especially vs. some smaller competition?)

For me, it's either go big or go home for this draft... Shabazz is the only little in this draft that should warrant consideration from the Cavs... My only concern with him is where exactly does he fit... What's his position on this team?

Poythress is really the only true SF to be in a viable candidate but I don't see him warranting a high pick..

I can understand the McLemore talk but I don't see him as a top-5 worthy pick, sorry...He's good but top-5 worthy? I don't think so... To me, he's one of the jack of all trades, master of none.. A good complementary piece but not someone you build around...

With all that said, this is my big board right now:

1 - Noel
    2 - Len
    3 - Shabazz
    4 - panic
    5 - trade

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,877 Posts

Noel is my guy as of right now too, but I haven't gotten to watch much college basketball this year. I would shit myself if we took another guard. We need the best big available, and at the end of the day I'm pretty sure that is Noel.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post

The thing that sucks is there isn't a standout player or two at the top of the draft that can really make a large impact on both ends... But out of all the guys in the draft, I think Noel has the chance to be the biggest impact player for this team out of the guys at the top...

Len is the only guy right now who I see potentially on the same level as Noel and would be a very nice consolation prize... The only concern I have with Len is if he can truly be an elite center or he'll just be a good do everything center like Roy Hibbert... Not that there's anything wrong with that, but when you're drafting at the top you're looking for high impact players..

I was initially weary of the idea of drafting someone like Noel with Thompson on the team but I don't think this draft affords you the ability to be that picky... I also don't think Thompson is at a level or has the ceiling to drastically alter draft plans for the 2013 draft...

To me, what stands out about Noel is his athletic ability and mobility for someone his size... Guys that have that type of athletic ability and movement skills don't usually have that size... It's rare that you see someone so effortlessly moving up and down the court and in the half-court setting; he's so fluid for a big...

The other thing is that, if you're going to be committing to a backcourt of Waiters and Irving, having a strong interior defense is critical... Having a strong interior defense is critical regardless but it's even more so with a backcourt pairing of Waiters and Irving... It's why, despite being good offensively, I'd rather not see Austin, Zeller or even Bennett on this team... With the way this core is constructed, it's not a smart idea to draft one of those guys... While they may be offensively talented, they don't do enough defensively to warrant a high pick on this team... In the case of Austin and Zeller, I don't see them as being good enough defensively to control the paint and that really concerns me...For Bennett, I don't think he's good enough defensively nor do I think it'd be wise to take a PF when Thompson on the roster...

With Noel, I see someone who is going to control the paint with his shot-blocking ability... The Cavs haven't seen a legit shot-blocker to patrol the paint in a while.. Noel is a very good shot-blocker, even more so with his vertical, length, timing and ability to block shots with both hands... He also will be a asset on defense because he's going to be an excellent P&R defender with his hands, lateral agility and overall mobility... Now the worry with him is his strength down low but how many true backdown centers are left in the game? Gasol? Hibbert? Lopez? You can mention Howard but no one can truly contain him... My point is that the ability that the center position is different than it was 10 years ago and is trending in a way where Noel is going to get away with being a bit on the thing size... Granted he's probably only around 220lbs, he'll only be 19 around draft time and he has the frame to put on some bulk... Plus being in a NBA weight program will help... Larry Sanders weighed in at 222, Joakim Noah at 223, Marcus Camby 223, Tyson Chandler at 224, etc., so I mean it is possible...

Now offensively he's not anywhere near being a polished player or ready to carry the load by any means, but he's going to score off P&R opportunities, off of offensive rebounds, alley-oops, in transition, etc... He's not going to be a liability either because teams are going to need to keep a body on him or else he's going to get a easy two one way or another... The other thing is that he's a pretty good passer too so he's not a completely raw offensive player... Now I'm not sure how he and Thompson would work, especially with them being players most efficient from 10 feet and in, but I don't think it would be a complete disaster..

I would rather have to worry about Noel and Thompson offensively than I would about Austin, Zeller or Bennett defensively with Waiters and Irving... With Len, there seems to be the happy medium between the two which is why he's a very attractive option... Like I said, I just don't know if he's going to be elite at any one thing... (P.S. - is it me or does Len seem to struggle finishing around the rim? Especially vs. some smaller competition?)

For me, it's either go big or go home for this draft... Shabazz is the only little in this draft that should warrant consideration from the Cavs... My only concern with him is where exactly does he fit... What's his position on this team?

Poythress is really the only true SF to be in a viable candidate but I don't see him warranting a high pick..

I can understand the McLemore talk but I don't see him as a top-5 worthy pick, sorry...He's good but top-5 worthy? I don't think so... To me, he's one of the jack of all trades, master of none.. A good complementary piece but not someone you build around...

1 - Noel
    2 - Len
    3 - Shabazz
    4 - panic
    5 - trade
    At this point I'm with you. Noel and Len are my #1 and #2. I'm higher on McLemore than you are, but wouldn't take him before Noel and Len at this point. I don't think Len has any real super star potential, but I do think he has all star potential. He's probably the most well rounded big man in the draft, and I think with his size, frame, and skill that he will be able to score and rebound consistently at the 5. I do think Noel has the higher ceiling though. The more I watch him, the more I am amazed at his defensive instincts.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pr26 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,523 Times in 3,394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post

1 - Noel
    2 - Len
    3 - Shabazz
    4 - panic
    5 - trade
    Agree with you about Noel, he's a total stud. I had a bit of a McLemore man crush, but Noel has surpassed him. If he can ever develop a little bit of a jump shot he'll be one of the best centers in basketball. I don't think I've ever seen a guy with his size and ability to make steals. His defense is fantastic, his shot blocking far more efficient than someone like Dwight's. He blocks it to his team as opposed to the third row out of bounds. He can go out on the perimeter and stick with a guard, not only that he's shown he's proficient at poking the ball away. It's incredible what he can do on defense. The idea of him anchoring our interior makes me drool.

Not really a Len fan at all. I think he'll have major troubles on D at the next level. He's very polished on offense, but I just don't see him being much more than average at the next level.

Like both Bazz and McLemore a lot. I keep flip flopping between who like I like more, it's a toss up. Bazz probably has the higher ceiling of the two though.

I really hope they find a way to come out with Noel. Of course since he's my favorite there's a 0 percent chance we get him. Which guy is Hollinger's favorite? That's the pick.

My board
    Noel
    McLemore
    Bazz
    Pissed
    Len
    Ass pennies

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,522 Times in 1,197 Posts

I'm still praying the FO can somehow trade up in the draft and grab Otto Porter with the 2nd 1st rounder. The amount of progress the guy has made on his outside shot between his freshman and sophomore years is great to see out of a young kid, not to mention he already has experience playing in the type of offense Byron rolls with. We need some length on the wing with Alonzo at 6'6", Dion at 6'4", Miles at 6'6", Boobie at 6'2", so a guy at 6'8" with long arms would be a welcome sight. DraftExpress on their last update has him at 15, not out of the realm of possibility if the Lakers get their act together and sneak in the playoffs. No chance the Cavs keep all 4 of their picks in the upcoming draft so hopefully they put them to good use whether it be trading them or draft and stashing.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post: