View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 104 of 576 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 590 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by polklop1 View Post
    This thread needs more hyperboles!
    I don't think it's too extreme. He plays with unreal intensity and hustle, he's an excellent athlete and has a jumpshot. He just reminds me of him. If people think I'm over the top at least tell me why?

I guess it might not be to the same degree but I think their bread and butter is similar.
    Last edited by MGMT; 01-30-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    I don't care if Noel goes down as the best defensive player in history... when you can't put the ball in the hole, you hurt your team more than you help it.
    Did you mean to quote this post instead?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to narbar32 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,608 Posts

And Davis is averaging 1.8 this year. These things come back to Earth once the opposition is bigger, faster, and stronger.

I'm really shocked at all of the people on this forum who are labeling Noel the #1 prospect in this draft. I wouldn't want him with the 6th pick. I just do not understand the fascination with a guy that has less offensive ability than I do. I don't care if Noel goes down as the best defensive player in history... when you can't put the ball in the hole, you hurt your team more than you help it.
    Just because he can't shoot doesn't mean he doesn't have any offensive ability. He has good touch with both hands, can dribble with both hands and seems to be a good passer. He's not a scorer by any means, but he's not a lost cause on that end. Right now he looks better on offense than TT did at the beginning of the year.

Of course his freakish stats will come down to Earth some playing against better competition, nobody here is expecting 5 blocks and 3 steals every game out of him. Davis is getting nearly 2 blocks/game as a rookie in under 30 mpg. I don't think it's out of line to think he or Noel could be 3 BPG guys in their prime and with Noel you have the steals to add in as well.

Also, if he goes down as the best defensive player of all time I'm willing to bet nobody will give a damn if he can make a lay up.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to D-Wreck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 473 Posts

And Davis is averaging 1.8 this year. These things come back to Earth once the opposition is bigger, faster, and stronger.

I'm really shocked at all of the people on this forum who are labeling Noel the #1 prospect in this draft. I wouldn't want him with the 6th pick. I just do not understand the fascination with a guy that has less offensive ability than I do. I don't care if Noel goes down as the best defensive player in history... when you can't put the ball in the hole, you hurt your team more than you help it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to melecoaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,431 Posts

A hyperbole is an intended exaggeration for the purpose of a dramatic effect. I wasn't doing it for that purpose, therefore not making it a hyperbole. But seriously, it would be a combination of the best combination of size and athleticism since LeBron in Drummond on top of the guy who just set the KENTUCKY school record in blocks and is currently BEATING Anthony Davis in blocks per game from his freshman season. He also has a better steal rate than any PF or C in the history of the NCAA at least since the 1998-1999 season. Yeah, that would be a monstrous backcourt defensively especially if you add in TT as the backup.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Ever heard of Ben Wallace? I've been told he was pretty good.
    Paired with four very well-rounded players at the other positions.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homestar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think nerlin's is a lot like AK47. A guy who can play a little point forward while controlling a game defensively. The difference is nerlin's has elite athleticism which gives him the ability to defend and score above the rim. Could be the first player to average 3 blocks and 3 steals in a season. The difference between nerlin's and Davis is raw athleticism. Nerlin's is just a higher level athlete.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,509 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oasis05 View Post
    I think nerlin's is a lot like AK47. A guy who can play a little point forward while controlling a game defensively. The difference is nerlin's has elite athleticism which gives him the ability to defend and score above the rim. Could be the first player to average 3 blocks and 3 steals in a season. The difference between nerlin's and Davis is raw athleticism. Nerlin's is just a higher level athlete.
    As in this guy?

What are you watching to where you can say they are a lot like each other, because they are far from the same. Blocks, sure, steals, sure, but after that the things they do on the court are far from the same.

Thanks

Nerlins first step and handle gives him the potential to be an assist guy. He has shown adequate passing. He's going to have the ability to blow by power forwards at the nba level. I think he's going to be an assist guy. He is averaging 2 assists in college. Nerlins can't shoot, I don't think he'll get a jump shot, but as far as play making, i think he has potential there.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

A lot of people have said they aren't too impressed with Shabazz Muhammad. While I'm also not 100% sold on him, a big thing to remember about him is the school (and system) he's playing in. The school (Ben Howland?) is notorious for hiding their players talents (not on purpose). Think about it. Other than Tyler Honeycutt, there hasn't been a player from UCLA in recent memory that hasn't been EXPONENTIALLY better in the NBA than they were at UCLA. Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Jrue Holiday and Daren Collison were all seen as decent, or good, NBA players. Three of those 4 are All-Stars. All four are starters.

While you can't automatically assume Shabazz will have that same kind of growth in the NBA, it's definitely something to think about when you watch him play. Instead of looking at his scoring, maybe look at his shooting percentages, assist-to-turnover ratio, take a look at where he gets his shots (3s, in the paint, mid-range), how he gets his shots (creating himself, or catch-and-shoot), how he performs on defense, how he handles his teammates and being coached. Look at the intangibles, too.

Just something to keep in mind throughout the rest of the season.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to adam81king For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,263 Times in 3,604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adam81king View Post
    A lot of people have said they aren't too impressed with Shabazz Muhammad. While I'm also not 100% sold on him, a big thing to remember about him is the school (and system) he's playing in. The school (Ben Howland?) is notorious for hiding their players talents (not on purpose). Think about it. Other than Tyler Honeycutt, there hasn't been a player from UCLA in recent memory that hasn't been EXPONENTIALLY better in the NBA than they were at UCLA. Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Jrue Holiday and Daren Collison were all seen as decent, or good, NBA players. Three of those 4 are All-Stars. All four are starters.

While you can't automatically assume Shabazz will have that same kind of growth in the NBA, it's definitely something to think about when you watch him play. Instead of looking at his scoring, maybe look at his shooting percentages, assist-to-turnover ratio, take a look at where he gets his shots (3s, in the paint, mid-range), how he gets his shots (creating himself, or catch-and-shoot), how he performs on defense, how he handles his teammates and being coached. Look at the intangibles, too.

Just something to keep in mind throughout the rest of the season.
    Jordan Farmar comes to mind. Better college player.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Situational Stopper brooksfosho's Avatar
    Thanks

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1. AV is still on the team and he'll be starting when healthy, regardless of TT/Zeller's progression or whoever's drafted in 2013.

2. Having already invested two lottery picks in a SG and PF does not mean that we should pass on a SG/PF prospect in the upcoming draft.

Dion and TT are great, but if a better SG or PF comes along (Shabazz, McLemore, Noel, etc), we'd be silly to hesitate. Further: if we end up with a big such as Noel/Austin/whoever, and we feel their natural position is indeed PF, forcing them to play Center in order to compensate TT would also be a silly move; I'd much prefer an extremely strong PF rotation over an above average yet undersized PF/C rotation. Same goes for Dion. If we find a better backcourt partner for Kyrie in McLemore/Shabazz, moving Dion to a 6th-man role shouldn't be an issue. Having talented players come off the bench for big minutes is a luxury nowadays.

It seems many people want to force the issue when it comes to acquiring a SF/C. While it'd be nice to fill those voids, drafting the best possible talent with our #1 should be the main goal. When the time comes, our cap space, as well as the rest of our draft picks, will (hopefully) provide more than enough talent to fill any remaining positional holes.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooksfosho For This Useful Post:

Cleveland Browns HOF LT Qasim Mitchell's Avatar
    Thanks

First post ever on RCF, and I want to make sure I am doing this right! Been reading the posts on this website for well over the last year and finally took the plunge!

I found this podcast of Bob Finnan doing a podcast on matters concerning the Cavs, and the upcoming 2013 NBA draft:

http://www.nbadraftinsider.com/wp-co...-Cavaliers.mp3

Not sure if this is how to share webcasts, but following the link should be pretty easy. Personally, I am super-intrigued by Bennett and cannot wait to see more of this guy in the tourney.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Qasim Mitchell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qasim Mitchell View Post
    First post ever on RCF, and I want to make sure I am doing this right! Been reading the posts on this website for well over the last year and finally took the plunge!

I found this podcast of Bob Finnan doing a podcast on matters concerning the Cavs, and the upcoming 2013 NBA draft:

http://www.nbadraftinsider.com/wp-co...-Cavaliers.mp3

Not sure if this is how to share webcasts, but following the link should be pretty easy. Personally, I am super-intrigued by Bennett and cannot wait to see more of this guy in the tourney.
    Your name is awesome, post more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oasis05 View Post
    Nerlins first step and handle gives him the potential to be an assist guy. He has shown adequate passing. He's going to have the ability to blow by power forwards at the nba level. I think he's going to be an assist guy. He is averaging 2 assists in college. Nerlins can't shoot, I don't think he'll get a jump shot, but as far as play making, i think he has potential there.
    N-e-r-l-e-n-s................