View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 105 of 576 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Jordan Farmar comes to mind. Better college player.

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,018 Times in 1,986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qasim Mitchell View Post
    First post ever on RCF, and I want to make sure I am doing this right! Been reading the posts on this website for well over the last year and finally took the plunge!

I found this podcast of Bob Finnan doing a podcast on matters concerning the Cavs, and the upcoming 2013 NBA draft:

http://www.nbadraftinsider.com/wp-co...-Cavaliers.mp3

Not sure if this is how to share webcasts, but following the link should be pretty easy. Personally, I am super-intrigued by Bennett and cannot wait to see more of this guy in the tourney.
    Funny, I was just listening to this when I read your post. Ben Cox tweeted it earlier today.

Good stuff.

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,725 Times in 2,034 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    I don't think McLemore is a career backup player; I do think he can be a pretty successful starter and a key piece on a good team... When I was talking about a bench player with Muhammad and McLemore, I was saying I think Muhammad has a chance to be a higher impact bench player because of his prowess scoring and getting to spots on the floor (creating things for himself) whereas someone like McLemore, I'm not sure if he would be a super-effective super-sub being someone that plays off others... I've always thought if you want a super-sub off the bench, you want someone who is going to create and get buckets, which is more in line with Muhammad's game than McLemore..
    I hear you...

I dont think either of them would be best served as super subs. I dont think either of them would need to be in Cleveland either. I think both have games that compliment Kyrie alot better as backcourt mates than Waiters, who is the guy I would make a super sub.

Me, personally, I didnt see Thomas Robinson as BPA after the first 3 were drafted. I still liked Drummond, Barnes and then Robinson. That said, if there is an obvious upgrade over Tristan or either of the upgrades over Waiters (McLemore or Muhammad) are available, then I take BPA this year.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    Funny, I was just listening to this when I read your post. Ben Cox tweeted it earlier today.

Good stuff.
    I was listening over lunch too after following the tweet.

Didnt care much for what Finnan was saying. Didnt sound very knowledgable to me, especially on college players.

The second caller Johnathan Tjarks was MUCH better. He raised the question of why Cavs drafted Waiters when its obvious he needs ball in his hands and that undermines Kyrie's game/strengths. Brought up the reality that they may never play well together because of how good both can be but how both need ball.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post

Didnt care much for what Finnan was saying. Didnt sound very knowledgable to me, especially on college players.

The second caller Johnathan Tjarks was MUCH better. He raised the question of why Cavs drafted Waiters when its obvious he needs ball in his hands and that undermines Kyrie's game/strengths. Brought up the reality that they may never play well together because of how good both can be but how both need ball.
    Maybe Cavs were taking BPA?

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,436 Posts

On 2k, Cavs had the 4th pick and 10th pick, and Noel fell to number 4 so I took him, and somehow Shabazz fell to number 10 so I took him too. And I took Alex Len with the 29th pick. (I also traded Andy and Selby for Deandre Jordan and a 1st)

So my starting line up is:

Kyrie/Earl Watson
    Waiters/C.J Miles
    Shabazz/Gee
    Noel/Tristan
    Jordan/Speights/Zeller/Len

I definitely have too many bigs, so I'm gonna need to move a couple, and hopefully I can get LeBron in the next year

Thanks
    Thanked 10,836 Times in 2,744 Posts

I hear you...

I dont think either of them would be best served as super subs. I dont think either of them would need to be in Cleveland either. I think both have games that compliment Kyrie alot better as backcourt mates than Waiters, who is the guy I would make a super sub.

Me, personally, I didnt see Thomas Robinson as BPA after the first 3 were drafted. I still liked Drummond, Barnes and then Robinson. That said, if there is an obvious upgrade over Tristan or either of the upgrades over Waiters (McLemore or Muhammad) are available, then I take BPA this year.
    Well, shit. I forgot about Thomas Robinson!

The bold doesn't seem accurate, Rch. You were 100% in the TRob camp once the Cavs were on the clock. You were livid that we took Dion over Robinson and you and I argued about those two guys for a while. So at the end of the day and after all your complaining about Grant missing out on Drummond, if you were Cavs GM you too would have passed on him....just for Thomas Robinson instead of Waiters.

Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    On 2k, Cavs had the 4th pick and 10th pick, and Noel fell to number 4 so I took him, and somehow Shabazz fell to number 10 so I took him too. And I took Alex Len with the 29th pick. (I also traded Andy and Selby for Deandre Jordan and a 1st)

So my starting line up is:

Kyrie/Earl Watson
    Waiters/C.J Miles
    Shabazz/Gee
    Noel/Tristan
    Jordan/Speights/Zeller/Len

I definitely have too many bigs, so I'm gonna need to move a couple, and hopefully I can get LeBron in the next year
    And you...cut the shit with the damned 2K updates in every thread. We're really not all that concerned with your Association.

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post

And you...cut the shit with the damned 2K updates in every thread. We're really not all that concerned with your Association.
    I have realized I've done it alot lately. Hey I thought it was awesome alright.

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

Here's some highlights of Nerlens Noel past games. Showing some offensive moves. Still need a lot of work, but he still does has a nice hook shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Well, shit. I forgot about Thomas Robinson!

The bold doesn't seem accurate, Rch. You were 100% in the TRob camp once the Cavs were on the clock. You were livid that we took Dion over Robinson and you and I argued about those two guys for a while. So at the end of the day and after all your complaining about Grant missing out on Drummond, if you were Cavs GM you too would have passed on him....just for Thomas Robinson instead of Waiters.
    Im thinking this has to be a tongue in cheek post.

Whether we were talking here or on FB, I was pretty adamant about my order going Drummond, Barnes, Trob. I felt that TRob was/is better than Tristan and should have been taken of Drummond, HB and Beal were off the board. I wanted no part of MKG. Ive pulled up posts where I talked about that around draft time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cavs42 View Post
    Here's some highlights of Nerlens Noel past games. Showing some offensive moves. Still need a lot of work, but he still does has a nice hook shot.
    Amazing how quick he gets off the floor for a guy his size. He always seems to get bumped backwards only to recover in time to block his man's shot. A bit concerning with how easily he's moved around, but hey he's only 18. His first step is elite too, I think he may need to develop more of a face up game like Tristan instead of a back to the basket post game. His hook shots need major work though, it's way too flat for my liking.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,041 Posts

That dude knows his stuff. He writes over at SB Nation, and you can tell he does his homework.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    That dude knows his stuff. He writes over at SB Nation, and you can tell he does his homework.
    Never read him. Im going to go check him out now. He said exactly what I was thinking in terms of Cavs drafting lower ceiling guys, and now putting the emphasis on us finding rarities at Center to fit Kyrie and Tristan better.

Guy must read my thoughts over here

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,041 Posts

Never read him. Im going to go check him out now. He said exactly what I was thinking in terms of Cavs drafting lower ceiling guys, and now putting the emphasis on us finding rarities at Center to fit Kyrie and Tristan better.

Guy must read my thoughts over here
    He actually had me answer a few questions for his blog back in November before the Mavs played in Cleveland.

It can be found here: http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-ma...land-cavaliers

Interestingly enough, Tristan might read that blog, because he definitely took some of my advice...

Offensively, I really think he'd be better off forgetting his jumper altogether. Focus on floaters and jump hooks.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,737 Times in 4,184 Posts

Im thinking this has to be a tongue in cheek post.

Whether we were talking here or on FB, I was pretty adamant about my order going Drummond, Barnes, Trob. I felt that TRob was/is better than Tristan and should have been taken of Drummond, HB and Beal were off the board. I wanted no part of MKG. Ive pulled up posts where I talked about that around draft time.
    Hows that worked out?
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot