View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 106 of 576 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,025 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

God, just listened to Bob Finnan's section on the podcast, horrible. He doesn't seem to be in tune with the Cavs' organizational philosophy at all, and just seemed pretty clueless about a lot of the questions asked.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 Times in 3,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    God, just listened to Bob Finnan's section on the podcast, horrible. He doesn't seem to be in tune with the Cavs' organizational philosophy at all, and just seemed pretty clueless about a lot of the questions asked.
    Lloyd just seems to clearly be the best Cavs beat writer right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Lloyd just seems to clearly be the best Cavs beat writer right now.
    I just tuned him out once he started to say the Cavs were a few veteran players away from being a halfway decent team. I'm pretty sure that thought hasn't once crossed Grant's mind, and it's definitely not what the Cavs are trying to do for the future.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 590 Posts

Hows that worked out?
    But he in Sacramento bro!!!11

*head explodes*

I think Noel has excellent offensive potential with his quick feet and ball-handling ability. He just needs time.
    Last edited by MGMT; 01-31-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,844 Times in 1,877 Posts

Hows that worked out?
    I still like Robinson better. You put him in Thompsons position with a SG like Zeller sharing the block with him and give him a year and a half and I think you'd see better than Tristans best so far.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narbar32 View Post
    ...Oh man... these always go over well...

I'll go full-silliness and think about:

Kyrie
    McLemore
    Klay Thompson
    Tyler Zeller / Andy (or, even better, Bennett with a second lottery pick this year)
    Drummond
    If we would have traded #4 for #9 and #19 in 2011 Draft.

Irving
    McLemore-Oladipo (Lakers pick)
    Klay Thompson
    Farried-AV
    Drummond-Zellers (Or P Jones instead, swinging for the fences--he would be PF, AV would be C if that happened, I still think he is going to be a good player, time will tell)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    I still like Robinson better. You put him in Thompsons position with a SG like Zeller sharing the block with him and give him a year and a half and I think you'd see better than Tristans best so far.
    Man, the Cavs have been really shitting the bed with Zeller! Why do they have a SG in the post 24/7?!

The funny (and sad) thing is that Zeller actually has a tall shooting guard's standing reach of 8'8.5".
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,844 Times in 1,877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    Man, the Cavs have been really shitting the bed with Zeller! Why do they have a SG in the post 24/7?!

The funny (and sad) thing is that Zeller actually has a tall shooting guard's standing reach of 8'8.5".
    The joke on the tar heel board was that we should move Barnes to the block and Zeller to the arc to win more games.

Didnt help that Zeller really has 3point range and could shoot 10x better than Kendall Marshall and Dexter Strickland.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Of course you do because you don't like Tristan.....

So far, mediocre Tristan is better than Robinson's best.....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EdMonix11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cavs42 View Post
    Here's some highlights of Nerlens Noel past games. Showing some offensive moves. Still need a lot of work, but he still does has a nice hook shot.

Noel's defense is just stupid. He's a born natural there. The guy is picking guard's pockets on the PERIMETER with regularity. It's not just steals in the paint. His quickness and timing are unreal.

His energy is also off the charts. The guy is just intense.

I want him.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't even get me started on how Bob insisted that Alonzo Gee was viewed as one of our core pieces going forward. If we genuinely thought Gee was one of our core pieces, then why would we let him reach RFA, only to sign him to a 3 year, $10 mill deal? The way the Cavs treated him suggests we view him as a replaceable young player who could potentially be a solid contributor off the bench, which is exactly how we should treat him. I have my doubts about whether he'll ever be a good role player given his incredible tunnel vision and the way he always plays outside of what his role should be: iso'ing on his man instead of swinging the ball to Kyrie/Dion to create, taking open 3 pointers with 10+ seconds on the shot clock, refusing to pass the ball on drives and on the break, etc etc.

Anyways, back on topic...

That 2nd guest and the host made a good point on the podcast though. We need to nail this next pick, and we're in a good position to take a boom/bust prospect; why not take the risk on Austin or Noel? Both are about as boom/bust as it gets, and their potential is off the charts (for different reasons).

That said, I don't think the TT/Noel fit is as bad as they say it will be. Due to the lack of offensive spacing you're not gonna get away with playing both of them together for the majority of minutes, but I think they could compliment each other pretty well on the defensive end. Both are pretty good getting out and defending the pick and rolls, so we won't have a liability on the floor. Also, Noel tries to block everything, so having a guy like Thompson to take care of the defensive boards whenever Noel rotates could result in a pretty damn good defensive rotation. That said, TT will have to make another similar jump forward in regards to defensive rebounding to make it work. Andy would be a damn good fit next to Noel, but I'm not sure if he's in our future plans at all.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The TT/Noel fit won't be that bad when Tristan starts hoisting 3s at 40% next year. Seriously though, Tristan doesn't have to be penciled-in in the long term much like Dion. If the Cavs select Noel, I would be perfectly content with Noel + Zeller/Andy on the court. This is contingent on Zeller finding his shooting stroke again, but Andy has shown decent shooting ability this year.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Be Nimble For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Seriously... on this planet, who is worse than Tyler Zeller?

Noel is a no brainer.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,541 Posts

Noel looks like Mutombo out there. Considering our roster now, I don't see how he is our number one option at this point.

We're not a good defensive team, we're not a good shotblocking team. Get him in here and let him mentor under AV and we have very nice core.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Be Nimble View Post
    The TT/Noel fit won't be that bad when Tristan starts hoisting 3s at 40% next year. Seriously though, Tristan doesn't have to be penciled-in in the long term much like Dion. If the Cavs select Noel, I would be perfectly content with Noel + Zeller/Andy on the court. This is contingent on Zeller finding his shooting stroke again, but Andy has shown decent shooting ability this year.
    Cavs have a LOT invested in Tristan. People forget that fact when trying to trade these guys like baseball cards.

Also, please re-read that statement about Andy's decent shooting ability, then go back in-time, 2 years ago to be exact, and think if that was in the realm of possibility. If Andy can learn to hit a 15 footer, you best believe Tristan can as well.