View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 118 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,041 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by AvonCavsFan View Post
    We need defense. We have creators on offense. So we need those defenders to be able to knock some shots down also.

Hoping we get Lakers pick. Hoping we can trade our two 2nds for a late first.

Our Pick: Mclemore- I think he can be a plus level defender and he has a great looking shot, that goes in. My 2nd choice here is Otto Porter, Long, good defender who has improved his shot a bunch--just a good all around players that helps win.

Lakers Pick: Oladipo. Love his game. Another great fit. He can play some minutes at the 2 and 3.

Late 1st: Jeff Withey. Our shot blocking, rebounding center. I see him having a similar impact as a player like Asik. We don't need a superstar center. I guess you can look at it as Withey is the poor man's version Noel, except he is much bigger and will be able to bang with the bigger guys down low. I also like Kelly Olynyk also. Olynyk is a 7'1" skilled guy that can shoot it, however he does not block shots or rebound well though.

Roster with minutes:
    Kyrie 35 Waiters 13
    McLemore 28 Waiters 20
    Oladipo 32 McLemore 6 Gee 10
    TT 35 Zellers 13
    AV 30 Withey 18

My favorite players in the draft at the moment are:
    McLemore
    Porter
    Oladipo

I also like:
    Noel (just not sure about how a TT/Noel front line would do long term)
    Withey (I think he is going to be a good NBA center, he will be a presence at the rim, averaging 4.2 blocks a game this year.)
    Olynyk (I kind of like bigs who stayed in school and improved a ton)
    Trust me, you want no part of Jeff Withey in the NBA. Aaron Gray 2.0.

And this is coming from someone that has watched him play for almost 3 years now.

Team Player
    Thanks

I really think the cavs are definitely at most going to come away with 2 rookies this year, and I tend to believe 1 is more likely. They will either trade their picks for future picks, or trade up to get a guy that they want, like Noel. I'm not sure 2 more rookies next year is really necessary, unless they are both top 10 picks.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hud11 View Post
    I really think the cavs are definitely at most going to come away with 2 rookies this year, and I tend to believe 1 is more likely. They will either trade their picks for future picks, or trade up to get a guy that they want, like Noel. I'm not sure 2 more rookies next year is really necessary, unless they are both top 10 picks.
    Yeah Grant has made it be known that they don't want to be too young and have a steady stream of youthfulness. The thing that's most interesting to me is that we have all of these assets and future picks, which is great, and this team has some unbelievable core pieces, it'll be interesting to see how CG uses those assets; whether it's taking a serious run at Noel (like they did for Anthony Davis last year, but now we have more ammo), or do they try to make a big trade for a young all star? Interesting times in Cavalier-land for sure.....

Btw, I'm kinda really starting to like Otto Porter. Seems like a "glue" guy to me...... Maybe it's just cuz i'm watching the Spurs; he seems like a San Antonio player....

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker1399 View Post
    Yeah Grant has made it be known that they don't want to be too young and have a steady stream of youthfulness. The thing that's most interesting to me is that we have all of these assets and future picks, which is great, and this team has some unbelievable core pieces, it'll be interesting to see how CG uses those assets; whether it's taking a serious run at Noel (like they did for Anthony Davis last year, but now we have more ammo), or do they try to make a big trade for a young all star? Interesting times in Cavalier-land for sure.....

Btw, I'm kinda really starting to like Otto Porter. Seems like a "glue" guy to me...... Maybe it's just cuz i'm watching the Spurs; he seems like a San Antonio player....
    What I would LOVE to see, and don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, is a Ray Allen-like trade for the Cavaliers. Using their early lottery pick (and other assets?) to trade for a player and use the other pick(s) to draft someone to groom. Or, perhaps trade the 2013 Draft for a more enticing player (Kevin Love-esque)? There are definitely some players I really like in this draft, but adding 4 rookies to an already young full roster isn't the most prudent thing to do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adam81king For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,486 Times in 1,783 Posts

There is room for 2 rookies on the team next year. Casspi, Gibson, Walton are all coming off the books next year, and we may or may not pick up Miles contract as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,312 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    There is room for 2 rookies on the team next year. Casspi, Gibson, Walton are all coming off the books next year, and we may or may not pick up Miles contract as well.
    You forgot Livingston (who I think they re-sign), Ellington (who I think they extend a QO too), Jones, and potentially Speights and Selby also being gone. Another key thing that is rarely talked about here is that Baron Davis' amnestied contract comes off of the books after this season, which means more money for Dan to spend. My guess is the Cavs add 3 draft picks (2 1sts and a 2nd, 4th pick is traded or draft and stashed), re-sign Ellington and Livingston, pick up Selby's option, and sign a free agent to very cap friendly deals (think CJ Miles' deal).
    Last edited by BimboColesHair; 02-07-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Team Player
    Thanks

If we dont go big this draft and resign speight at a resonale price i think our man will be otto porter. He is playing really well and fits our system he is running princten offense and he is a good defender. Last 7 games he is averaging 18p-7r- and shooting 59% from 3. With the way his shot has improved and with 2 dominat ball handlers already here porter just fits the bill.

Chad Ford really like him and he is top 5 prospect on the stat system the cavs use to draft players

(chad ford on porter)
    I'm starting to like Otto Porter over Muhammad. Am I crazy?

Chad Ford (1:47 PM)

Not crazy. I see it. I'm a huge fan of Porter's. But most NBA GMs and scouts aren't on board with you yet.

Do you think Otto Porter will enter the draft after this year? And what do you think his future is in the NBA?

Chad Ford (1:49 PM)

Good chance he will. Think he'll be a Top 10 pick. Ceiling is probably a poor man's Scottie Pippen. Floor is Jeff Green.

Watched a little Georgetown recently and Otto Porter really impressed me. The guy just plays with poise. Thoughts on him?

Chad Ford (1:48 PM)

One of my personal five favorite players in the draft. Do it all forward who plays without ego. Willing to do anything to help his team win. Has really improved his jumper. Has the potential to be a great No. 2 guy on a very good team.

PS. fuck lebron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    Trust me, you want no part of Jeff Withey in the NBA. Aaron Gray 2.0.

And this is coming from someone that has watched him play for almost 3 years now.
    I watched him again last night. And you are probably right in your comparison. He didn't look good last night for sure, no on Kansas did.

But it is a late first, not sure you can get much better with that pick? If a higher upside players is available then sure go for it. But for a 4th/5th big Aaron Gray is not all that bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,157 Posts

Guys I think you are going to see more wins then you think in the next week and march-april. I doubt we will be in position to take Noel, and I highly doubt we will be using all our prized assets to try to move up in the top 3, (those should be saved to obtain a proven top 20 nba player) we need to start looking at guys 5-9 and stop dreaming of noel! Honestly, I think this team will be drafting 5-9 and guys like Porter, Goodwin. Austin, Poythress, Plumlee, M. Carter Williams are names we need to start looking at more closely. Spending months and months talking about Noel is great, but I would bet a huge fortune looking at the rest of the season that he never snifs a Cavs jersey.
    Last edited by ajz20; 02-07-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    Guys I think you are going to see more wins then you think in the next week and march-april. I doubt we will be in position to take Noel, and I highly doubt we will be using all our prized assets to try to move up in the top 3, (those should be saved to obtain a proven top 20 nba player) we need to start looking at guys 5-9 and stop dreaming of noel! Honestly, I think this team will be drafting 5-9 and guys like Porter, Goodwin. Austin, Poythress, Plumlee, M. Carter Williams are names we need to start looking at more closely. Spending months and months talking about Noel is great, but I would bet a huge fortune looking at the rest of the season that he never snifs a Cavs jersey.
    Agreed ! Remaining schedule is softer then the first half, plus majority of remaining games are on the home court. The youngsters are gelling ("are you Gellin?"), and the bench is much, much deeper. Barring injury or a trade of the new depth, I'd agreed that the true focus should be in the 5-9 range.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CruiserNFL For This Useful Post:

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    If we dont go big this draft and resign speight at a resonale price i think our man will be otto porter. He is playing really well and fits our system he is running princten offense and he is a good defender. Last 7 games he is averaging 18p-7r- and shooting 59% from 3. With the way his shot has improved and with 2 dominat ball handlers already here porter just fits the bill.

Chad Ford (1:48 PM)

One of my personal five favorite players in the draft. Do it all forward who plays without ego. Willing to do anything to help his team win. Has really improved his jumper. Has the potential to be a great No. 2 guy on a very good team.
    "Do it all..willing to do anything to help his team win"..uh oh..BOOK IT!
    This is a name that would be that shocker pick Grant has been doing ...that name we'll hear within a week of the draft..

Thanks
    Thanked 30,753 Times in 9,790 Posts

I don't like that Porter isn't real explosive. The Cavs have been real weak at SF since LeBron left. Kyrie and Tristan aren't real explosive players and Dion can be, but often chooses to step back instead of driving.

I'd rather their next pick be a super-athletic explosive game-changer type. I don't know if Porter's inability to finish above the rim bodes well for an NBA career.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    I don't like that Porter isn't real explosive. The Cavs have been real weak at SF since LeBron left. Kyrie and Tristan aren't real explosive players and Dion can be, but often chooses to step back instead of driving.

I'd rather their next pick be a super-athletic explosive game-changer type. I don't know if Porter's inability to finish above the rim bodes well for an NBA career.
    What SF(s) do you see in this draft that is?
    I watch what I can of the games but honestly sometimes I don't know who I'm looking at.
    I see a few players I can follow because their team is always on but this draft is different.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 392 Posts

Hearing about Otto Porter being one of the top picks in the draft makes me cringe. It makes me want to throw the whole Cavs draft at a top 3 pick. If the Cavs weren't desperate for a SF, I doubt we'd even be talking about him. Givony has Porter ranked as the 14th best prospect, which is very relieving to me. I want no part of a SF who has below average athleticism, can't drive, and not a great shooter. I don't see him as much of a difference maker and the Cavs aren't in a position to draft glue guys.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Be Nimble For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    What SF(s) do you see in this draft that is?
    I watch what I can of the games but honestly sometimes I don't know who I'm looking at.
    I see a few players I can follow because their team is always on but this draft is different.
    Don't even waste your time looking for SFs. If the Cavs are drafting for fit, they will be screwed. The only SF I really like is Karasev, and he's European so I really don't have a problem with passing on him. I've heard talk of Oladipo as a SF, but he is only 6'5, probably closer to 6'4 when he will actually be measured. The only SF the Cavs should consider is Shabazz, if it is deemed that he can actually play SF full-time. If he is more of a 2 than a 3, forget about him.