View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 129 of 576 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,459 Times in 573 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    For the sake of argument, what if the Cavs were to get the eight pick and Oladipo was clearly the best player left on the board? Would you take someone else simply because we just drafted a guard?
    We've also drafted a PG and PF recently. Presumably, those are off the table as well, meaning we're stuck with drafting a C or SF regardless of whether the talent left at that position is worth the pick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Be Nimble View Post
    The only problem I have with taking Oladipo so high is that the Cavs desperately need an all-star/borderline one and a promising center. Oladipo is the type of player you take if you are set with your core. It's unlikely he'll ever be an all-star, but you know what you are going to get from him. I felt the same way 2 years ago in the supposedly weak Kyrie draft, where I wanted Kawhi Leonard who I figured would be a sure-contributor. If the Cavs feel like they are at the point where they are happy with what they have and like there chances of landing another premier player in the future, then I am 100% on board with Oladipo as the pick after Noel and Len.
    Are any players in this draft for sure all-stars?

After you get past pick 3 or 4, he may just be BPA.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AvonCavsFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narbar32 View Post
    Yes I know their ages. But I also know that Oladipo is finally playing like a stud in his third year against this level of competition, while McLemore is playing like a stud in his first year against this level of competition. That is evidence to me of higher upside for McLemore. Since "who knows?" always lies in wait in these matters of potential and upside, I just try to go with the evidence available.

And McLemore appears to me to play basketball better than Oladipo currently. I know advanced stats disagree. But I can't remember the last shooting guard I've seen with as smooth of an offensive game as McLemore. That's vague, I know, but it does it for me. And it results in buckets, too, and a lot of them. I think he's a far better scorer and all-around player than Oladipo already. McLemore's various FG percentages may not be as staggering, but his sample sizes are vastly higher this season and he's still extremely efficient. I think there are a lot of athletic 3 and D guys like Oladipo in the league. I think McLemore has a chance to be a stud who makes his living running off screens, knocking down shots from all over the floor, while being able to take it to the rack well enough, too.

I guess I addressed a lot of this in my other responses. I don't mean to discount Oladipo's improvement. I just think it's all relative when trying to project how these guys will develop and what they'll be in the NBA. So to me, I look at Oladipo's improvement relative to other options who started out against this level of competition playing at a high level.
    Seems to me, most on here equate difference makers to those that can score. The issue is there is another side of the floor. The Cavs lately have been scoring plenty, we just can't stop anyone. We NEED defense.

I love McLemore's offensive game. I do think he may have higher upside on that end. And I won't complain at all if we draft him.

However, I have been watching him on the defensive end and he is no where even close to Oladipo on that end of the floor. I have seen him fail to fight through screens, lose his man, be somewhat lazy from time to time. Maybe I caught on off game or two? And hopefully with age that would/should improve. He also had to redshirt due to academics.

Compare that to a guy that is going to graduate in 3 years-to me that is another plus--he is a smart,super athletic, super defender,gym rat--who has already taken one weakness (shooting, you can talk sample size all you want, at this point his TS% is just ridiculous) and obliterated it to this point. I am telling you guys, Oladipo is a perfect fit for the Cavs and what they want out of their players.

A perfect draft for me would have been Noel and Oladipo--but that seems out of the question at this point as one is going #1 and the other is going top 10.

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

Test for Noel tonight...

Supposedly, Florida is gameplanning to take it right at him and try to get him in early foul trouble, per Chad Forde on twitter.

Will be a good chance to see how he adjusts. Florida has alot of experienced bigs (P.Young, E. Murphy both NBA level talent). Great test to watch and see how this kid approaches a good test.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Man...

Its crazy watching guys with not even big time strength, push and move Noel around on both ends. He was battling Murphy for about 5 mins there, and Murphy looked like Kendrick Perkins the way he was winning positional battles compared to Noel.

If this guy isnt locking himself into the buffets up there in Lexington...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,634 Times in 3,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Human Q-Tip View Post
    We've also drafted a PG and PF recently. Presumably, those are off the table as well, meaning we're stuck with drafting a C or SF regardless of whether the talent left at that position is worth the pick.
    I've been an adamant supporter of Dion so far (and Tristan as well), but as of right now, Kyrie is the only surefire star on this team and plays the only position that we absolutely should not draft come summer time. The only exception would be if there was another Kyrie-esque talent on the board when we picked, in which case you draft him and move him either draft day or later. That's not really an issue anyway, though, as this looks like a really weak draft for point guards and I don't really see a scenario where the overwhelming BPA is a point guard.

That said, if two guys of similar projected talent levels were on the board at our pick and one was a SG and one was a SF, you draft the SF.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cauley-Stein is ALMOST as impressive as some of the other big men prospects high on the draft boards because he is physically more put together to be a everyday NBA Big than a Noel is already.

He moves pretty damn good too. I think compared to Noel, he can be underrated. But he has damn good size/athleticism himself. Uses his base pretty good too.

He is not another Daniel Orton. He may be his own "Cousins" like talent to be honest. His skill on the block looks pretty good.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Funny he is wearing Cousins jersey. He has alot of his game. Just a little smaller in girth, longer in length and less immaturity.

(he hasnt stepped on a Louisville players face yet, basically)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Funny he is wearing Cousins jersey. He has alot of his game. Just a little smaller in girth, longer in length and less immaturity.

(he hasnt stepped on a Louisville players face yet, basically)
    As far as you know

But yeah, i think C-S has some potential especially if he falls and we get the Lakers pick.

Thanks

Patric Young lookin like the All American he was suppose to be.

Noel is going to have nightmares.

Go Gators

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Man...

Its crazy watching guys with not even big time strength, push and move Noel around on both ends. He was battling Murphy for about 5 mins there, and Murphy looked like Kendrick Perkins the way he was winning positional battles compared to Noel.

If this guy isnt locking himself into the buffets up there in Lexington...
    I agree 100 percent. I said in earlier post that people have jumped the gun on Noel. He is a 6'10 shot blocker who has years of work to do in the gym and working with a big man in the paint before he can do much at the NBA level. He may eventually turn into an all defensive player but it will take some time!

Thanks

I believe the NBA has a pretty lenient Performace-Enhancing Drug policy

Thanks

Stuff like that is not impressive to me.

Kentucky cutting lead down to possibly single digits, Boyton takes baseline and Noel is just sitting there 15 feet out watching Patrick Young. Right after he allowed Young to beat him for that layup. Young just wanted to get to the rim more than Noel wanted to stop him, is what it came down to.

Anthony Davis would have covered that Boyton drive and never let that layup go. Noel is glued to Patrick young 15 feet out? Really? AD this guy is not.

Then on the next trip down, Noel gets chance to go up strong and get And 1, goes up weak, gets fouled and misses first free throw.

Gamers make plays in situations like these. Im not jumping to conclusions. Ive seen ALOT of games from him. Im not 100% sold on him.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,675 Posts

Uh oh...Noel looks seriously hurt

Thanks

AND... down goes twig man.

Didnt see anything in that left knee buckle or anything. But then again, its so thin, there is no telling.