View Poll Results: If the Cavs get the second pick, who should they choose?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben McLemore

19 8.92%
  • Otto Porter

129 60.56%
  • Anthony Bennett

9 4.23%
  • Victor Oladipo

24 11.27%
  • Alex Len

30 14.08%
  • Other---

2 0.94%
Page 153 of 576 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 8632

Thread: 2013 NBA Draft

Thanks

Default Re: 2013 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    He is a bad idea for the 1st pick. I'm from Croatia, actually living in Zagreb, and I watched Dario several times this season, live and on television. I watched him last summer also, on the competition on this video, he dominated in every single aspect of a game the whole tournament. He has great potential, no doubt, very athletic, good rebounder, shot-blocker, long arms etc. But he is still immature, he is very bad ft shooter, not great foot work. For example, he missed 4/4 ft shots in last 2 minutes of Croatian Cup final few weeks ago, game went to OT. Cibona (his team) won the Cup eventually (DJ Strawberry, Suns 2nd round pick in 2007 was great in that game). He has a very high ceiling, but still has a lot to work on.

IMHO, Dario has a potential to be late lottery pick, but not the top 5 pick. He can be something like a combination of Nowitzki/Gallinari, but also can be rich man's Vesely is he wouldnt work hard enough
    As a Croatian how do you feel about Hezonja? I currently have him as my 2014 #1 prospect (not drinking the Wiggins or Parker kool-aid)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shack View Post
    As a Croatian how do you feel about Hezonja? I currently have him as my 2014 #1 prospect (not drinking the Wiggins or Parker kool-aid)
    I believe that he will have a better career than Šarić, both in Europe and NBA. Can't remember any player outside USA/Canada with that amount of potential on SG position, even Ginobilli or Petrović. I think that he will progress far more in Barcelona than Šarić will in Cibona. Let's say it this way, I would rather have Hezonja on longterm than Beal. Hezonja can become a player with the whole package on SG, maybe a better version of Joe Johnson. His game can translate into NBA more easily than Šarić's.
    The biggest question is his attitude. He looks a bit like an ego-maniac, for example, when he played in Zagreb (not Cibona Zagreb, but KK Zagreb in youth categories, every member of the team wore Nike, only he wore Adidas, he wants to be No1. He can be over-critical to his teammates, can't think of any good example of that, maybe Kobe That can be a problem.
    He wants to be alpha-male, probably has more confidence than Dion. If he would be drafted by Cavs in 2014, he will probably believe that he is the best player on SG position in Cavs from the day one

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I believe that he will have a better career than Šarić, both in Europe and NBA. Can't remember any player outside USA/Canada with that amount of potential on SG position, even Ginobilli or Petrović. I think that he will progress far more in Barcelona than Šarić will in Cibona. Let's say it this way, I would rather have Hezonja on longterm than Beal. Hezonja can become a player with the whole package on SG, maybe a better version of Joe Johnson. His game can translate into NBA more easily than Šarić's.
    The biggest question is his attitude. He looks a bit like an ego-maniac, for example, when he played in Zagreb (not Cibona Zagreb, but KK Zagreb in youth categories, every member of the team wore Nike, only he wore Adidas, he wants to be No1. He can be over-critical to his teammates, can't think of any good example of that, maybe Kobe That can be a problem.
    He wants to be alpha-male, probably has more confidence than Dion. If he would be drafted by Cavs in 2014, he will probably believe that he is the best player on SG position in Cavs from the day one
    This post is almost as awesome as Drazen Petrovic.

I loved Drazen Petrovic. I still remember him KILLING everyone that we threw at him in that 1st round series against the Nets (92 or 93, not sure). He was a bulldog on D as well. I remember sitting at one of those playoff games and watching he, Chris Morris and Kenny Anderson SWARM on the perimeter in unison, and then Bowie/Benoit Benjamin and Derrick Coleman behind them were rotating around like Mo Speights/JJ Hickson and killing all of their efforts.

He may have said every curse word in the Serbian language throughout the course of that game. He was tough as nails and noone on New Jersey was a better scorer. This was 10 year old Rchfld analyzing his game, btw. One of the most passionate players I ever got to see in person.

Back to the draft talk
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah as long as it's mixed with competitiveness and motor, a big head can be an asset as much as a liability

Mario is a plus slasher, shooter and feel for the game wing to me. Players who are + in all 3 are usually at least blue chip starters, but it really depends on whether he can be a dominant slasher or shooter instead of a good one. But I like Wiggins less because despite his amazing Tmac like feel for the game, I don't trust his perimeter shooting and I don't even trust his slashing without the high end ballhandling yet to take advantage of his athleticism, in the Nike Hoop Summit game he basically had no "face up, blew by you, no chance in hell that's what you've got" plays that the explosive star wings have which is the #1 thing I look for in slashers. Probably in part ballhandling issues and maybe just overrated athleticism as he also didn't look as impressive as expected finishing around the basket either. His darkest timeline scenario is becoming Marvin Williams 2.0 who was also hyped up as a transcendent athlete in HS because of his dunk footage, but the important stuff, slashing and first step off the dribble, wasn't there. Jabari OTOH has elite perimeter skills and feel, but the slashing will be an issue without great explosiveness. The other guy is Kasey Hill who if he added sharp shooting from 3 to his dynamic slashing (speed/skill) and feel/vision for a PG, would be a complete package. I don't know if Hezonja is a sure thing like college Anthony Davis or Kyrie Irving were, but I actually (at this moment) believe less in the top of the 2014 draft than everyone else, so it's enough for him to top it

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Wow, everyone saying this is not a deep draft is kidding themselves. There is a lot of unsureness as to how their games will translate to the next level but there's some hoopers out there.

Just got around to checking out this kid McLemore, I didn't know much about him but WOW! This kid's the one they should be comparing to Dwyane Wade. He has Wade's athleticism and Ray Allens shot, that's no exaggeration either. He's fast as hell in transition!

Coming into this draft I thought Shabazz Muhammad would be the #1 overall pick. Shabazz is a hoops junkie, if you know anything about the kid ball is life to him. I have a feeling he's going to be a better NBA player than collegiate athlete. His game is built for the isolation style NBA game, and an aspect of his game that many don't know much about is his post game. He has an old school reliable post game ala Delonte West, only he looked good shooting jump hooks down on the block too! Rare for a guard who is also very explosive and can jump equally well off of one foot or two. Potent scorer that can get buckets on his own. Reminds me very much of James Harden.

Then you have Zeller who obviously suffers from the disease known as Schwabels syndrome, aka white bread. They say Cody is a deceivingly good athlete and runs the floor better than Tyler. Only thing I'd be hesitant about him is he's so light that he's going to get tossed around in the pros. I can see Cody Zeller starting off slow for about 2-3 seasons, but by virtue of the Zeller's work ethic he's going to be a very good player in the league. I can see him being similar to a Pau Gasol type of player. Not known to bang but can beat you in a variety of ways because of his super high basketball IQ.

If you are willing to take a gamble on Nerlens Noel you could steal yourself an amazing anchor to your defense. The reflexes and shot blocking sense that this kid has is a rare commodity. That's a skill that's ingrained in his brain, even if he loses his athleticism he'll still have that sense. His weak side help defense could win you a lot of ballgames in the future. Two worries about Nerlens is his body and his body. Is he going to get man handled in the pros? Is his knee going to hold up? This could have very well been the #1 pick in the draft and you might be able to luckily snag him and get an amazing value for a pick in the 4-8 range.

Then there's Alex Len who plays on a team that has absolutely no clue how to use him. He looks every bit as tall as Ilgauskas out there even though he's 2 inches shorter than Z. With the way the NBA is becoming smaller Len's 7-1 will be the same impact that Z's 7"3' was on the Cavaliers. For being as tall as he is, Len is incredibly mobile. I'd say he might even be more mobile than Jonas Valanciunas. Jonas lovers, here's your chance to add your guy only Len is going to be the better player. That's just my opinion, but Len has a fire inside, his teammates do nothing to stoke the fire or feed the big man. He has the mobility to show all the way out to the perimeter on the pick and roll and recover under the basket. He's also way more explosive than Zydrunas ever was. Again, he's light in build and he's foreign so his first couple years in the league are going to be an adjustment, but he's got the opportunity to be a very special player.

I love the Cavaliers position. They can do nothing and be in a very good position to land one of these guys that will fall to us. We could still get Shabazz, Noel, Len.....

We also have assets and could make a deal to move up and grab who we really want. I'd be willing to trade our pick and Dion if it meant we could get McLeMore. This kid is going to be an absolute stud in the game. He's a fucking terror in transition with his explosiveness, finishing ability, and incredible line drive speed. D-Wade 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm a huge fan of McLemore, but he's not D-Wade 2.0. He doesn't have near the ball-handling ability, nor the passing or shiftiness of Wade.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    I'm a huge fan of McLemore, but he's not D-Wade 2.0. He doesn't have near the ball-handling ability, nor the passing or shiftiness of Wade.
    That's interesting I'm watching again and you're right, I don't see a variety of ballhandling. His impressive line drive speed is something to consider, but I'm not sure how well it's going to transfer over to the NBA game. He'll definitely be a threat in transition, but in terms of breaking somebody down off the dribble I'm just not seeing it. Maybe a shorter version of Paul George? with a better jump shot?

McLemore is deadly off of catch and shoot situations and his defensive potential is extremely noteworthy. He's got good physical tools, the extremely quick feet, good hands, lateral quickness and ability to make hard close outs on shooters. Not as much of a play-maker as Dwyane Wade, but he can still make plays, don't kid yourself. He's not going to facilitate like a James Harden, he's more of a terror in the open court making plays with his athleticism and finishing ability.

I'm not really sure if he's a 2 or a 3 though. He doesn't have the ball skills of a pure 2, and his game is more like an athletic forward. He's got good size for the 2, but he's gonna be short at the 3.

Interesting prospect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    That's interesting I'm watching again and you're right, I don't see a variety of ballhandling. His impressive line drive speed is something to consider, but I'm not sure how well it's going to transfer over to the NBA game. He'll definitely be a threat in transition, but in terms of breaking somebody down off the dribble I'm just not seeing it. Maybe a shorter version of Paul George? with a better jump shot?

McLemore is deadly off of catch and shoot situations and his defensive potential is extremely noteworthy. He's got good physical tools, the extremely quick feet, good hands, lateral quickness and ability to make hard close outs on shooters. Not as much of a play-maker as Dwyane Wade, but he can still make plays, don't kid yourself. He's not going to facilitate like a James Harden, he's more of a terror in the open court making plays with his athleticism and finishing ability.

I'm not really sure if he's a 2 or a 3 though. He doesn't have the ball skills of a pure 2, and his game is more like an athletic forward. He's got good size for the 2, but he's gonna be short at the 3.

Interesting prospect.
    He's got that jumpshot like Beal which isn't really saying much other than they have good form. Who do you compare him most favorably to Cvo?

Thanks

Interesting prospect.
    You're preaching to the choir right now. I attend KU right now, so I've had the good fortune of watching every game of his. That paragraph is on the money.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cody zeller is getting pushed around. Reminds me of someone..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oasis05 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 573 Posts

He's got that jumpshot like Beal which isn't really saying much other than they have good form. Who do you compare him most favorably to Cvo?
    I'd say he compares favorably to every other prospect in this upcoming draft, in my opinion.

My favorite comparison: a young and alive Bobby Phills, but better at every single thing that Bobby was just pretty good at. And Bobby Phills was one of my favorite Cavs of all time.

Thanks

I like the Ray Allen comparisons in the sense that he's a great catch-and-shoot guy who's equally as good at coming off screens. He really does have great fundamentals on his jumper. And much like Allen, he's not really a guy that will break you down off the dribble... but that doesn't mean he can't score in iso sets. He's got a pretty good first step, and, as you mentioned, his straight line speed is very, very fast.

I really think he'll be a guy that fares even better in the pros because of the extra space. Kind of scary when you consider how well he's playing right now.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,662 Times in 3,226 Posts

The weekly Chad Ford chat today. Some highlights:

Jeff (Boston, MA)
    Ben McLemore has really been struggling lately. Is his stock holding up?

Chad Ford (1:29 PM)
    Sort of. He's been struggling the past few games. Bill Self is pulling out his hair trying to get McLemore to be more assertive. Teams love his athletic ability and shooting stroke. They already know his weaknesses. He struggles to create for himself off the dribble and can be very passive when his shot doesn't fall early. He's a freshman and I think a lot of teams believe he'll work on those things. As a high school player, he played mostly the power forward position ... so he's still learning how to be a wing and create. Those things are fixable I believe. In a normal draft, he probably isn't a No. 1 pick, but this year, with so many top teams in need of a two guard who can shoot the basketball, he's got a good chance of going No. 1.

---

Chris (Boston)
    Your thoughts on Cauley-Stein? He seems to have trouble with some of the simple parts of being a post player such as dribbling the basketball successfully and not traveling. Is he really going to be a top ten pick this year?

Chad Ford (1:16 PM)
    Upside. He checks a lot of boxes. Long, athletic, good shot blocker, an emerging offensive game. He's a long ways away from being a productive NBA player, but if he comes out now, my guess talking to scouts is that he goes somewhere in the late lottery to mid first round. I hope he stays. He still needs to learn the game. But I'd understand if he wanted to take the money and run.

---

Mike (Cleveland)
    I have read where you say Muhammad's natural position is at SF. But I have read where lots of people (fans and scouts) who believe he can play SG in the NBA. Why do you believe he is better suited to be an undersized 3 rather than an oversized 2?

Chad Ford (1:13 PM)
    I'm not sure he has the quickness, on either end, to be a two. He's strong and physical. He bullies his way around. I think he might get abused by the quicker, smaller twos in the NBA. The issue for scouts is that at 6-5, he's undersized as a three. That's why some are trying to project him as a two guard. But I just don't think he has that game offensively, and more importantly, I'm not sure he can guard twos on the defensive end. That's why he's been sliding a bit in our rankings. Teams love the motor and he's obviously a gifted scorer, but there are concerns.

---

Will (DC)
    I believe the most slept on and overated player in this years draft will be Otto Porter. Is there a realistic chance the Georgetown star could be a top 3 pick?

Chad Ford (1:11 PM)
    I agree with the first part -- he's been so great all year and only recently is he getting the credit he deserves. To me he's got an upside of Danny Granger or higher. High basketball IQ. Unselfish. Does a little of everything. Cares more about winning than stats. And this year he's really taken the Hoyas on his back. His game against Syracuse last week was one of the most impressive performances in college basketball. I really think he has the chance to special. So I wouldn't hesitate to take him in the Top 3. He's No. 6 on our Big Board, but if it was just my own personal board, he'd be higher.

---

Andrew (SF)
    Oladipo- overhyped by now, or legit talent? Smaller but quicker MKG?

Chad Ford (1:06 PM)
    Hard to tell. He's definitely got the hype going for him right now. But for the most part ... he delivers. I'm uncomfortable with the Dwyane Wade and young Michael Jordan comparisons. I just don't think he's as gifted of a scorer. I do like the MKG comp. Similar motors, defenders, winners. I do think Oladipo is a better shooter than MKG and that does make a difference. But imagine Kidd-Gilchrist stayed in school until his junior and worked on his jumper. They might be very close. I didn't have a problem with MKG going No. 2 last year and I wouldn't have a problem with someone taking Oladipo anywhere in the Top 10, including No. 1. Hard to see how guys with that athletic ability + motor fail in the NBA.

---

Charles (NY)
    Should Nerlens Noel declare for the draft, where might he get picked? Does the ACL injury knock him down far enough to remove him from a first round pick?

Chad Ford (1:35 PM)
    He's a lock for the Top 5 as long as there aren't any complications with his surgery or rehab. Players completely recover from ACL tears these days. In fact, he might be ready to go by NBA training camp in October. I'm not sure if he will declare or return to school. Either option will be a good choice. I know GMs were a bit hesitant right after the injury to say he could be the No. 1 pick, but I've seen them back off that assertion lately. If the right team gets the No. 1 pick, he could still be the guy.

---

Bill (MD)
    Alex Len. Where does he go? What team would he fit well with?

Chad Ford (1:46 PM)
    He's a hard one to project right now. He's had some breakout games against Kentucky and Duke, but mixed in with those games are quite a few duds. Most scouts are willing to give him a pass on his poor games because of the poor guard play at Maryland. They don't make it easy on the big fella. I know some teams consider him a candidate for the No. 1 pick. I think he'll likely go somewhere in the Top 7 or 8 picks.

---

Brett (NO)
    Do you think A. Bennett could be a SF at the next level?

Chad Ford (1:49 PM)
    I think most scouts project him as a four who will have the ability to stretch the defense. He's a little undersized, but has a big wingspan and an explosive vertical jump to make up for it. He's one of my favorite players in this draft. I think he could have a big NBA career if he lands on team who uses him the right way.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

Porter is on espn 2 tonight, and has grown to be my second fav prospect besides Len. I acknowledge the Cavs would probably take Noel if they won the draft lottery, but that is becoming more and more unrealistic as the wins pile up I feel like Len's pedestrian numbers may allow him to slip to the 4-7 range while I am worried that porter is starting to solidify himself as a top 6 pick.

Really hope we can land Porter or Len. It would not shock me if Grant used the 2nd 1st rounder and both 2nd rounders and our top 8 selection to move from pick 8 to 5 to get someone he covets! I know that Len is high on the Cavs board, I am hoping the same holds true for Porter!

Thanks

Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...prospects-2013

Here is the new updated version.

Big Board: Smart, Oladipo rising

Ranking the top 30 NBA draft prospects for 2013; Indiana star cracks top five

Originally Published: February 27, 2013

By Chad Ford | ESPN Insider

Both Marcus Smart and Victor Oladipo making moves on Chad Ford's Big Board.

We are now in the home stretch of the college basketball regular season, and there continues to be a lot of movement on our Big Board, particularly at the top. Not only is the No. 1 pick in a constant state of flux (much like the college basketball polls), so is the entire top 10.

With conference tournaments and March Madness coming soon, there is still plenty of time for players to make major leaps up (or down) the board. But for now, here is our latest ranking of the top 30 prospects for the 2013 NBA draft.

(Note: Stats are accurate as of Feb. 27.)

Ben McLemore
    SCHOOL: Kansas
    CLASS: Fr.
    HT/WT: 6-5, 195
    POS: SG
    15.9 ppg
    5.4 rpg
    42 3PT%

McLemore is coming off a rough two-week stretch. The good news is that Kansas was 4-0 in games in which McLemore really struggled to assert himself offensively. McLemore's most glaring problems were against Oklahoma State (just seven points on 3-for-12 shooting in 49 minutes), when early shooting woes got him off track early, and a lethargic performance against Iowa State on the road (seven points on 2-for-6 shooting) in which McLemore completely disappeared for the last 10 minutes and overtime. These aren't the types of performance that scream "lottery pick," let alone "No. 1 pick."

As gifted as McLemore is as an athlete and shooter, his weaknesses (lack of aggressiveness and an inability to create his own shot off the dribble) are being amplified right now by aggressive Big 12 defenses. With Victor Oladipo coming on strong and NBA GMs adjusting to the Nerlens Noel injury news, there are plenty of other contenders to finish the season as the No. 1 prospect on our board.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 1 | PLAYER CARD

Nerlens Noel
    SCHOOL: Kentucky
    HT/WT: 6-11, 215
    POS: C
    10.5 ppg
    9.5 rpg
    4.4 bpg

Noel is still experiencing swelling in his knees and doesn't yet have his ACL repair surgery scheduled. Once doctors go in and get a better picture of the injury and his recovery time, we'll have a better feel for Noel's draft stock. Every NBA scout and GM I've spoken with says that, assuming that there isn't anything unique about Noel's tear, they still have him as a top-five pick, and a number of GMs who said two weeks ago that they would be reluctant to take him No. 1 overall are softening their stance. He's the top talent on this Big Board and was No. 1 from July 1 all the way until the injury. I think there's a very good chance he ends the season No. 1 as well.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 3 | PLAYER CARD

Marcus Smart
    SCHOOL: OK St.
    HT/WT: 6-4, 225
    POS: PG
    14.4 ppg
    4.5 apg
    41 FG%

While Smart's play continues to be up and down (he was brilliant against Oklahoma in a 28-point, 7-rebound performance, less so against Kansas when he went two for 14 from the field), the general consensus among scouts is that Smart is not only the best point guard prospect in the draft, but he has the potential to be the best player in his class.

Smart has elite size and strength for his position, and, most importantly, has a certain X factor as a quality that coaches and GMs admire. He's a natural leader, a workhorse who everyone believes will continue to get better and better as he refines his game. His weaknesses right now (his jump shot and his court vision) are fixable, and every scout I've spoken with believes he's the type of player who will iron all of this out in short order and be a dominant point guard in the pros.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 4 | PLAYER CARD

Anthony Bennett
    SCHOOL: UNLV
    HT/WT: 6-8, 240
    POS: PF
    17 ppg
    8.4 rpg
    37 3PT%

Bennett left four minutes into the Wyoming game on Saturday with a shoulder injury. The injury has been bothering Bennett for a bit, and it's unclear whether the injury itself is serious (head coach Dave Rice says he doesn't think it is), or whether it just needs some time to rest. Before the injury, Bennett had one of the best games of his career against San Diego State, scoring 21 points, grabbing 12 rebounds, blocking three shots and hitting four 3s.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 2 | PLAYER CARD

Victor Oladipo
    SCHOOL: Indiana
    Class: Jr.
    HT/WT: 6-5, 214
    14.0 ppg
    2.2 spg
    51 3PT%

Oladipo continues to skyrocket up our board. He had another signature performance against Michigan State last week, scoring 19 points, grabbing nine boards and collecting five steals. Oladipo has weaknesses, but his infectious energy, toughness and elite athletic abilities are so enticing to scouts that I think everyone is afraid to pass on him. When people start throwing out comps like Dwyane Wade and even (gulp) a young Michael Jordan, you pay attention. If he continues this all season and helps IU win a title, he's got a shot at being the No. 1 pick.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 10 | PLAYER CARD

Otto Porter
    SCHOOL: G'town
    CLASS: So.
    HT/WT: 6-8, 200
    POS: SF
    15.9 ppg
    2.4 spg
    0.9 bpg

No one has had a bigger man crush on Otto Porter this season than me, and over the course of the past month he's dramatically increased the size of his fan club. Porter's usage rate and efficiency have both risen greatly in Big East play. That doesn't happen very often. His career 33-point, 8-rebound, 5-steal performance against Syracuse on Saturday was one of the best individual performances of the season and has quieted critics who claim Porter can't dominate a game from end to end. It was so good, in fact, that a number of NBA scouts have told me he's now passed Shabazz Muhammad on their team big boards.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 7 | PLAYER CARD

Alex Len
    SCHOOL: Maryland
    HT/WT: 7-1, 225
    12.3 ppg
    8 rpg
    2.1 bpg

Len had a huge 19-point, 9-rebound, 3-block performance against Duke and All-American Mason Plumlee that re-established his candidacy as a potential No. 1 pick and the justification for placing him ahead of Plumlee on our Big Board. However, his past two performances (a four-point, eight-rebound stinker against Boston College and a nine-point, eight-rebound effort against Clemson) continue to highlight the fact that Len is a work in progress and will need a strong lead guard to help put him in situations in which he can score the basketball.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 6 | PLAYER CARD

Shabazz Muhammad
    SCHOOL: UCLA
    HT/WT: 6-6, 225
    18.2 ppg
    5.1 rpg
    43 3PT%

Muhammad's recent slide from a top-three pick into the bottom of the top 10 is based partly on a number of uneven performances (like his 11-point, 2-for-7 shooting night against USC and a 4-for-13 performance against Cal) and even more based on a growing jadedness by NBA scouts toward his game. They love his motor, but the concerns about how explosive he is and his lack of size for his position are giving them pause.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 5 | PLAYER CARD

Cody Zeller
    SCHOOL: Indiana
    HT/WT: 6-11, 210
    16.6 ppg
    8.1 rpg
    59 FG%

Zeller has become the prospect who everyone respects and acknowledges, but whom no one ever seems to fall in love with. Zeller is "friend material," not a "love interest" for most scouts. While there isn't a GM or scout I've spoken with that could conceive of Zeller dropping out of the top 10, most of them also said they weren't sure he'd be a good fit for their teams. In other words, the "It's not you, it's me" defense. Combine their platonic love with Minnesota's Trevor Mbakwe dominating Zeller on Tuesday night (Zeller was just 2-for-9 from the field, while Mbakwe scored 21 and grabbed 11 rebounds), and you can see why Zeller's stock has taken a real hit this season.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 8 | PLAYER CARD

Gary Harris
    SCHOOL: Mich. St.
    Class: Fr.
    HT/WT: 6-4, 210
    13.2 ppg
    2.5 rpg
    43 3PT%

Harris has been consistently good against some of the toughest competition in college basketball. Freshmen rarely put up big numbers for the Spartans, but Harris has consistently been the best player on a very talented, veteran team. Harris even managed to score 19 points against an Indiana team that has Victor Oladipo roaming the perimeter. Even more bizarrely, he did it with a bum shoulder.

"That shoulder, that left one came out [of socket] right at the start of the second half, and it was kind of bizarre because it went out and right back in. I kind of watched it," coach Tom Izzo said on his radio show. "Tell you what, that kid is, if we could get him 100-percent healthy, he's a special player." Back spasms and an early injury to the same shoulder in November have kept Harris from being 100 percent. But even at less than 100 percent, more and more scouts believe he's one of the top three shooting guards in the game.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 30 | PLAYER CARD

Michael Carter-Williams
    SCHOOL: Syracuse
    HT/WT: 6-5, 175
    12.5 ppg
    7.9 apg
    38 FG%

Has Michael Carter-Williams peaked? His shooting percentages and assist totals have plummeted in Big East play. Carter-Williams had 10 or more assists in nine of his first fourteen games. Since then, he's had just one, a 12-assist performance against Providence. And he's only shot 50 percent or better from the floor twice since January 2 (against Cincinnati and Providence). With the Orange just 4-5 in their past nine games, more and more scouts are beginning to wonder if Carter-Williams is really ready to run a NBA team.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 9 | PLAYER CARD

Alex Poythress
    HT/WT: 6-7, 215
    11.9 ppg
    6.1 rpg
    58 FG%

Will the real Alex Poythress please stand up? Is he the passive, confused tweener who took just four shots and grabbed four rebounds in an embarrassing loss to Tennessee? Or, is he the super athletic beast who scored 21 points and grabbed seven boards in a huge win against Missouri on Saturday? The former Poythress looks like he's light years away from the NBA. The latter looks the part of a top-five pick. If Poythress ever gets it mentally and puts together a string of dominant games, he'll make huge leaps up the board. As for now, he's stuck as a project in the late lottery.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 13 | PLAYER CARD

Willie Cauley-Stein
    Class: Fr.
    HT/WT: 7-0, 220
    8 ppg
    5.7 rpg
    2.0 bpg

After moving Cauley-Stein up our board in the wake of the Nerlens Noel injury, he responded with a major dud -- a two-point, two-rebound performance against Tennessee. Since then, however, he's starting to live up to his potential. He was awesome against Vanderbilt, scoring 20 points, grabbing 7 boards and blocking 3 shots. While he was not as dominant on the offensive end against Missouri (just seven points) he grabbed 12 boards and blocked seven shots against the Tigers. If his game continues to mature, he has all of the abilities of a top-10 pick.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 11 | PLAYER CARD

Mason Plumlee
    SCHOOL: Duke
    CLASS: Sr.
    HT/WT: 6-10, 230
    17.5 ppg
    10.7 rpg
    1.6 bpg

Plumlee's stock took a bit of a hit after Alex Len dominated him on both ends of the floor. While Len had 19 and nine, Plumlee ended up with 4 points, 3 rebounds and 5 turnovers in the Duke loss to Maryland. He has since rebounded with a strong 19-point, 15-rebound performance against Boston College, but Plumlee needs more big games against NBA-caliber big men. Scouts will be closely watching his matchup against Miami's Kenny Kadiji on Saturday.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 12 | PLAYER CARD

C.J. McCollum
    SCHOOL: Lehigh
    CLASS: Sr.
    HT/WT: 6-3, 190
    23.9 ppg
    2.9 apg
    52 3PT%

The bad news for McCollum: He has to sit on the sidelines and watch while other elite guards are out there making their case for the lottery. The good news: More and more scouts, after watching the other guards in this draft, are coming back and claiming McCollum should be a lottery pick.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 16 | PLAYER CARD

Trey Burke
    SCHOOL: Michigan
    HT/WT: 6-0, 190
    18.9 ppg
    3.1 rpg
    6.9 apg

Burke continues to be the most efficient point guard in the country and a very legit candidate for player of the year. He was insanely efficient against Illinois on Sunday, shooting eight for 11 from the field and handing out eight assists to just one turnover. If he were a few inches taller or just a little more explosive of an athlete, he'd be a lock for the top five.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 15 | PLAYER CARD

Dario Saric
    HT/WT: 6-10, 223
    7.7 ppg
    5.4 rpg
    1.8 apg

With the trade deadline over, NBA GMs are heading over to Europe to get a look at this year's international crop. At the top of their lists is Saric. Saric isn't having a dominant season (in his last game against Split he scored just three points and was one for four from the field). However, scouts in the know claim Saric may have the best basketball IQ of any player in the draft and feel that his current team situation has more to do with his struggles than his talent. In fact, I've had a handful of GMs suggest to me in the past week that he'll end up being a top-10 pick. We'll see if they still feel that way after seeing him live, but he's a name to keep an eye on.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 20 | PLAYER CARD

Rudy Gobert
    HT/WT: 7-1, 220
    8.5 ppg
    5 rpg
    1.6 bpg

Gobert is the other guy that will draw intense interest from NBA GMs over in Europe. He obviously hasn't been a dominant player in France this year. In fact, Saric is actually averaging more rebounds per game despite the fact that Gobert has an incredible 7-foot-9 wingspan. But NBA GMs love upside, and Gobert might be Europe's answer to Willie Cauley-Stein, a long, gangly big man blessed with athleticism and upside.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 18 | PLAYER CARD

Archie Goodwin
    13.9 ppg
    4.5 rpg
    3.1 apg

Goodwin broke out of a horrific shooting slump last week against both Vanderbilt and Missouri on Saturday. In fact, he hit his first 3-pointer (two of them, actually) since a game against Texas A&M on Jan. 12. Given that Goodwin is a shooting guard, that's not a good thing. He clearly has the athletic ability to be a dominant pro, but he's still wild and plays out of control (see his seven turnovers against Missouri). Someone will take him based on his raw talent, but he really needs another season at Kentucky.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 17 | PLAYER CARD

Isaiah Austin
    SCHOOL: Baylor
    HT/WT: 7-0, 215
    13.4 ppg
    9.0 rpg
    31 3PT%

Teams like the idea of Isaiah Austin, but his weaknesses as a player are becoming the focus of many NBA scouts. Austin is a skilled big man who wants to play like a small forward. The problem is that he's not skilled enough, nor is he a good enough shooter (he's shooting 31.5 percent from 3 this year) to make a living on the perimeter at the NBA level.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 14 | PLAYER CARD

Jamaal Franklin
    SCHOOL: San Diego State
    17.3 ppg
    9.1 rpg
    3.2 apg

Franklin has the explosive athletic ability, toughness and defensive prowess to be a really good NBA player. His weakness is his jump shot. The past two games against Wyoming and Nevada, he's been stroking it -- going 14 for 19 from the field and five for nine from 3. If he can do more of that, he's a lottery pick.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 19 | PLAYER CARD

Kelly Olynyk
    SCHOOL: Gonzaga
    HT/WT: 7-0, 238
    17.7 ppg
    7 rpg
    66 FG%

Olynyk is gaining momentum as we head toward the end of the season. While many scouts were skeptical that a player who redshirted the previous season because he wasn't going to get playing time could transform, overnight, into an NBA prospect. But his hyper-efficient game is making believers of them. While players like Trey Burke and Victor Oladipo are the favorites to win player of the year, no one is having a more efficient or dominant season that Olynyk right now.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 29 | PLAYER CARD

Steven Adams
    SCHOOL: Pittsburgh
    HT/WT: 7-0, 240
    7.1 ppg
    6.3 rpg
    0.6 apg

Adams continues to be what he is: a big, athletic defensive-minded center who is finally starting to get it on the offensive end. He's a ways away, but the raw talent is tantalizing.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 21 | PLAYER CARD

James Michael McAdoo
    SCHOOL: UNC
    HT/WT: 6-9, 223
    14.7 ppg
    8.3 rpg
    1.3 apg

I feel like we can at least say that McAdoo is consistent in his inconsistency. He continues to show off his unique athletic abilities while simultaneously showing a penchant for bone-headed turnovers and inefficient scoring. UNC has been playing better lately, and McAdoo has been part of that, but the days of considering him a lottery pick are long gone.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 24 | PLAYER CARD

Glenn Robinson III
    SCHOOL: Michigan
    HT/WT: 6-6, 210
    11.3 ppg
    5.5 rpg
    1.2 apg

What a difference Robinson's opponents make. Robinson has struggled in recent weeks against high-profile teams like Indiana, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Ohio State. But put him on the floor against Penn State? He drops 21 points and grabs 10 boards. The talent is clearly there, it's just not ready for prime time.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 22 | PLAYER CARD

Allen Crabbe
    SCHOOL: Cal
    HT/WT: 6-6, 210
    19.0 ppg
    5.8 rpg
    35 3PT%

Crabbe has become one of the most lethal scorers in college basketball. Blessed with deep range on his jumper and a quick release, he has been steadily rising ever since he dropped 31 points on Arizona. He can be maddeningly inconsistent (like his 2-for-12 performance against Oregon State on Saturday) but when he's fired up, he's a "wow" player.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: NR | PLAYER CARD

Jeff Withey
    SCHOOL: Kansas
    Class: Sr.
    HT/WT: 7-0, 235
    13.5 ppg
    8.5 rpg
    3.8 bpg

Withey is what he is -- an elite shot-blocker, a solid rebounder and a decent offensive player. But given his size and the high level he's performed at the past two seasons, that will get him a spot in the first round.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 26 | PLAYER CARD

Patric Young
    SCHOOL: Florida
    HT/WT: 6-9, 245
    10.3 ppg
    6.5 rpg
    1.7 bpg

Young looks the part of an NBA player. String together his highlights every night, and he can look like a superstar. In reality, he's going to be a role player at the next level, but given his physical attributes and winning personality, he should hear his name called in the first round.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 27 | PLAYER CARD

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    SCHOOL: Georgia
    17.6 ppg
    6.6 rpg
    37 3PT%

Caldwell-Pope is the newest addition to our Big Board. The Georgia wing has a reputation as a lights-out shooter. He's been more streaky than scouts would like, but when he gets it going, he's very tough to defend. Last Saturday's game against South Carolina is a case in point. After going scoreless in the first half, he poured in 18 in the second, including a big 3 with 10 seconds left in the game to force overtime. Factor in his excellent athletic abilities and he's a name to watch over the coming months.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: NR | PLAYER CARD

Tony Mitchell
    SCHOOL: North Texas
    HT/WT: 6-8, 220
    13.2 ppg
    8.3 rpg
    2.7 bpg

The "what is wrong with Tony Mitchell?" saga continues. His February has been just horrible. He's averaging 11.3 points per game in that stretch and has struggled to really assert himself on both ends of the floor. He's in real danger of falling out of the first round.
    PREVIOUS RANKING: 23 | PLAYER CARD

Next five in: B.J. Young, Arkansas; Kyle Anderson, UCLA; C.J. Leslie, NC State; Lorenzo Brown, NC State; Myck Kabongo, Texas
    "I have missed over 9,000 shots, lost over 300 games. I have been trusted to take the game-winning shot 26 times, and missed. And that is why I succeed." -- Michael Jordan

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MVP_Eric_10 For This Useful Post: