Page 977 of 977 FirstFirst ... 477877927967975976977
Results 14,641 to 14,643 of 14643

Thread: Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 Times in 1,438 Posts

Default Re: Dion Waiters

The Spurs certainly had 4 star players this playoff run(Duncan, Manu, Parker, Kawhi)

On a title competing team, a star is someone who can consistently and at any time create shots for himself, make clutch shots, create shots that were seemingly not there, create shots for others and make a general impact on the game at any given time. It's impact and effectiveness that matter more than stats. Its not the dip in Bosh and Wade's numbers these playoffs that indicated a bad situation in Miami going forward but rather their impact, effectiveness, and general cohesion with the gameplan.

So while Dion and Love's numbers could both dip slightly, they both still can be true stars on a team with LeBron and Kyrie.

Although I prefer a scenario where we get Love without surrendering Wiggins, one of the reasons I ultimately can accept giving up Wiggins for Love, is how much I love Dions game on a team with so many other players receiving the defensive attention.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,416 Posts

Dion more than anything is lacking discipline in his game. It's not hard to think he could get that kind of structure in his game under the leadership of LeBron and Blatt.

He surely was never going to get that under Mike Brown, despite that, he still had a much better year.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,147 Times in 2,271 Posts

Secs.
    Att.
    eFG%
    Ast'd
    Blk'd
    Pts
    0-10
    39% .515 49% 7% 5.7
    11-15
    26% .456 43% 6% 3.4
    16-20
    21% .486 44% 6% 2.9
    21+
    13% .413 50% 8% 1.6
    Crunch
    35% .458 46% 7% 4.5
    We gotta be men. We gotta grow up. This is not no little boys league. We can't just turn it around and think it's gonna be easy. This is a man's league so at the end of the day we gotta bring it. Every night everybody gotta be on the same page." - Waiters
    We all have to come in with one mindset. We can’t worry about individual goals, individual accolades. It has to be a team thing, a team mind set, and everything else will take care of itself. That’s the biggest thing.” -Waiters
    “If you have never caressed the muzzle of a pretty pony as you groom her mane and feed her a seven inch carrot, your opinion doesn't really matter, does it?”