Page 976 of 976 FirstFirst ... 476876926966974975976
Results 14,626 to 14,636 of 14636

Thread: Dion Waiters

Thanks

Default Re: Dion Waiters

Does anyone remember a game last season where Dion cut off the baseline, received a pass from Andy with a full head of steam and dunked? It was not unlike how Wade played off of LeBron and it just makes me curious to see how much can his efficiency can improve by playing the Wade-lite role (albeit with much better 3-point shot) in a LeBron-ran offense

Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Does anyone remember a game last season where Dion cut off the baseline, received a pass from Andy with a full head of steam and dunked? It was not unlike how Wade played off of LeBron and it just makes me curious to see how much can his efficiency can improve by playing the Wade-lite role (albeit with much better 3-point shot) in a LeBron-ran offense
    He did this 1 to 2 times a game the last month or two, with Andy and Deng being the facilitators. I'm not worried in the slightest about his off-ball game.

Situational Showstopper Kbiz8288's Avatar
    Thanks

Dion's off-ball game will flourish with Lebron on the team. He makes everyone better, PERIOD. He still commands double teams, has the best court vision on our team, and and has the highest b-ball IQ in the league.

Irving and Waiters games will have to change. Irving isn't the man anymore. They must both adapt to the best player on the planet. With Blatt in the mix, i hope that we see an offense with most of the kinks hammered out by the first month.

If he is this "offensive genius", which i don't doubt, i think this team will click much quicker then the Heat's first year with Lebron.

Team Player
    Thanks

BTW, he got invited to the Team USA Select team so I hope he picks up some new things.

Also with the impending Love trade, Dion will likely be a fourth option. It's a role that I expect him to excel in but am also wary of how if he will be able to adjust emotionally. Basketball wise, I wonder how he will play when he will not be the one initiating the offense the majority of the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The most inefficient shot in basketball and he takes a ton of them, but somehow that's been turned into a positive.
    One of the reasons it's been turned into a positive is because in the playoffs, when defenses tighten up and the easy shots are no longer there, that long two, whether spot up or created off the dribble(Dion can do both well) becomes a necessary shot for teams, moreso than in the regular seasons. Dion is actually one of the best in the league percentage wise at the long two, even with a hand in his face and so that is one element of his game that will shine.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    One of the reasons it's been turned into a positive is because in the playoffs, when defenses tighten up and the easy shots are no longer there, that long two, whether spot up or created off the dribble(Dion can do both well) becomes a necessary shot for teams, moreso than in the regular seasons. Dion is actually one of the best in the league percentage wise at the long two, even with a hand in his face and so that is one element of his game that will shine.
    When Lebron shows up, he should get the ball every time it crosses half court. Lebron will find the open man. IMHO, Waiters may have a lot less trouble with that than Kyrie.
    How many of Waiters mid-range, and long range 2 point shots were assisted, and how many were taking his man off the dribble, and pulling up?

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,152 Times in 2,006 Posts

Thought this was interesting:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantla...er?id=11260922

Lee Jenkins interviewed on Zach Lowe's Grantland podcast today. Other than just being an overall awesome listen about Lebron in general, they starting talking about the roster in general.

Lowe said that he and Simmons talk about how they feel like they are the last two on Waiters island that think he's a legit NBA talent, and then Lee Jenkins said that based on the way Lebron talked, he's on that island with him. That Lebron thinks Waiters is gonna be a really good player.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theSTEREO. For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,614 Times in 4,068 Posts

I've been on Waiters Island since the beginning. You can all go to hell.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post

Lee Jenkins interviewed on Zach Lowe's Grantland podcast today. Other than just being an overall awesome listen about Lebron in general, they starting talking about the roster in general.

Lowe said that he and Simmons talk about how they feel like they are the last two on Waiters island that think he's a legit NBA talent, and then Lee Jenkins said that based on the way Lebron talked, he's on that island with him. That Lebron thinks Waiters is gonna be a really good player.
    There is a big difference between a "Legit NBA talent" and what folks in the thread make him to be. I don't really think anyone can dispute that Waiters is good enough to be a decent player in the NBA.

Rising Star
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post

Waiters handle is significantly better than Wiggins. I didnt see Wiggins pass much in summer league but I have got to believe that Waiters is a better passer. Wiggins is significantly better at drawing fouls for some reason. While Waiters can get to the rim his action at the rim does not seem to draw fouls whereas Wiggins is already getting Jordon treatment in that respect. Wiggins is a much better defender. At this point I think that Waiters is the better spot up shooter although they both look good on their shot.

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,152 Times in 2,006 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhi View Post
    There is a big difference between a "Legit NBA talent" and what folks in the thread make him to be. I don't really think anyone can dispute that Waiters is good enough to be a decent player in the NBA.
    Maybe I misrepresented their opinion. Lowe and Simmons both think that Waiters has the potential to be a star level player. All Star or just shy, and Jenkins said Lebron agrees.

More than just a rotational guy.