Page 241 of 860 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 12891

Thread: Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 525 Posts

Default Re: Welcome Dion Waiters

Kenny Roda

Byron Scott on Dion Waiters not playing hardly in 2nd - Boobie was hot & it was a Dion issue & we'll leave it at that!

Byron Scott just said Dion Waiters leg is OK.
    hmm...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *L-Train* For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,328 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *L-Train* View Post
    hmm...
    Byron loses touch with his players. It happened in New Jersey and it happened in New Orleans. I'm afraid it will also happen here.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,944 Times in 1,757 Posts

And this is what I've always feared.

Byron tends to be a hard ass with some players and not with others.

Byron probably shut down Waiters because of "defense" or some stupid reason, yet Kyrie goes unchecked on his defense.

Rising out of the ashes

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amherstcavsfan For This Useful Post:

Gold Star Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,723 Times in 944 Posts

Waiters has struck me as a player a coach might need to get tough with once in a while. Have no idea what it could have been about but now is the time to do it and get the lesson taught while he's a rookie and the Cavs aren't exactly in position to contend. There's also the chance this could end up being much ado about nothing.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NarlCavs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,025 Posts

Pretty sure it was his shot selection in the early 3rd. He took a couple of long, tough shots that didn't go in. I have no problem with Scott giving him some tough love; as good as Dion has played, he IS a headstrong rookie who seems to need a kick in the ass every so often to get going. I'd love to see him fight harder for easy shots instead of settling for the long jumpers that he's hitting right now.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's because Irving is effusive in his praise and bordering on obsequious with his comments regarding Scott. Byron seems to demand that from players--hence being booted the fuck out of NJ and NO when players tuned his bullshit out.

Oasis

Thanks
    Thanked 2,262 Times in 839 Posts

From Jason Lloyd
    BScott wasn't happy with Waiters tonight, but he's not saying why.

Asked Byron why no Waiters in the fourth quarter, if it was a Boobie issue or a Dion issue. "A little of both," he said, but wouldn't elaborate.

Waiters said he was surprised he didn't play in fourth quarter and said Byron didn't give him an explanation.

I asked if he thought he was playing OK.

"I was 3 for 6," he said.

I asked him if he thought Byron had a problem with anything he did defensively.

"No," he said. "I don't know. I can't explain it."

Most Known
    Thanks

I'm surprised Scott has played Dion as many mpg this season as he has. Last season Irving had to sit on the bench while God awful Ramon Sessions was eating up minutes.

I've certainly liked what I've seen from the offense while Dion has been out there, but I'm a little worried that he has been killing ball movement with his long jumpshots. I see this as a way for Scott to get Dion to work harder on his drive and dish game.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Three6Pavia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,430 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silky Smooth View Post
    From Jason Lloyd
    "I don't know. I can't explain it?" Byron sounds like an emotional girlfriend that won't give Dion a straight answer. Stop taking the damn estrogen pills, Scott!

"For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

If sitting Waiters down was to make a point about shot selection, and team play then i'd have to think Gee would be benched after the first two minutes he takes the court so far this season. It's almost comical to think of Byron thinking his message would resonate after seeing how much other guys get away with.

Grant needs to bring in a total nutcase so Byron can practice his ego massaging, selective, "old school" bullshit without it hurting the team.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    "I don't know. I can't explain it?" Byron sounds like an emotional girlfriend that won't give Dion a straight answer. Stop taking the damn estrogen pills, Scott!

I believe that was Dion.

I agree the shot selection thing is BS. Dion was 3 for 6 and I remember a couple of his misses coming on a short shot-clock and the other miss on the pretty finger roll in the first half that he just missed.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Henry Tuttle For This Useful Post:

Most Known
    Thanks

Right now everything is going in for Dion, but what happens when he hits a slump? I just think there is more to Dion's game than shooting 3's and long 2's.

As clearly evidenced by our bench we aren't trying to contend right now. I just don't see the harm in Scott benching a productive young player if it ends up making him work harder on his game in the future. The rookies will always get more tough love from Scott than other players on the team.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Three6Pavia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,541 Posts

One thing that Waiters has guys compared to other short SG's like the Gordons is that first step of his is truly explosive. That shot he missed on the finger roll was proceeded by him just blowing by the OKC perimeter defense with one burst.

Don't know what Scott benched him for but hopefully it will be to try to get Waiters to use all his gifts and not fall in love with his jumper too much. He's looks like he can have a long career just living on the perimeter but he has the gifts to be even better then that. We've been spoiled by Kyrie but guys who can kill you from the outside and attacking the rim are rare.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Three6Pavia View Post
    Right now everything is going in for Dion, but what happens when he hits a slump? I just think there is more to Dion's game than shooting 3's and long 2's.

As clearly evidenced by our bench we aren't trying to contend right now. I just don't see the harm in Scott benching a productive young player if it ends up making him work harder on his game in the future. The rookies will always get more tough love from Scott than other players on the team.
    The dude obviously works very hard on his game, and is obviously very motivated by how he has changed his body recently. He is supremely confident right now and is playing spectacular. So yes I see harm in benching him like that.

Theres many coaches who ease their rookies into NBA. Scott's one of them, as we saw with how he handled Kyrie last season. Nobodys gonna respond to someone being a complete prick.

Funny to see Jamison go to the lakers and at least attempt to play D and only be shot friendly instead of unredeemable chucker. It's like he wants to win and has respect for the team, or maybe because he has accountability with all the strong personalities on the team.

Life sucks ATM..... Rick Astley's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I cant imagine what happens if DW gets into a slump. He's getting benched while he's being very good or decent at least. Looks like our coach doesn't know what he's doing.
    Rooting for the 2 worst teams in the league that are Kings and Cavs. Somebody shoot me please.

Pic placeholder for something cooler.