Page 261 of 969 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361761 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 14523

Thread: Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NarlCavs View Post
    I think Waiters can play and should have a long career but we all shouldn't be acting like it's a guarantee he's going to be a big time player. He isn't a sure thing as a building block for this franchise. There is talent there and we do need to wait for more development but I'm not 100% sold yet.
    Waiters is 16-67 in his last 4 games and his bad games have far outnumbered his good games so far.
    You get a pass for one season before you become the whipping boy. He has a lot to improve on if he is to become this building block everyone already sees him as.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 10,737 Times in 4,184 Posts

Default Re: Welcome Dion Waiters - LHLD

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    They also aloud handchecking and zone defense that season. Perimeter player efficiency was in the toilet that year.

They allow zone defense now.

And lol, just zero patience with some of you guys. I honestly don't know what it is you wanted/expected to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

And lol, just zero patience with some of you guys. I honestly don't know what it is you wanted/expected to see.
    They aloud handchecking and zone defense that season. I think that might be the only season in nba history to have both. Offense was putrid that season so they kept zone and removed hand check.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

People would like to see him score other than when he gets hot from deep. When he takes it to the rack he either gets blocked or can't finish. His handles are also a little sloppy. He also has no left hand to speak of. Sure he can devlop these things and I hope he does but everybody has already penciled him in as an all star and our future at 2 guard. I haven't seen enough from him to anoint him.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

he had 6 assist. He paced the offense and kept the ball moving. his penetration allowed gee and pargo to park at the arc for open threes.

the guys impacts the game regardless of his shooting. out of 22 shots he forced about three.

had he been hitting the game would of been a blowout

Thanks

This month stretch without Kyrie will be good for Dion. He'll be the primary playmaker and scorer on the team, with everything heaped on his shoulders. He'll have to learn through a crucible of fire but after which he should come out the better for it. I wouldn't expect prime Michael Jordan to shoot more than 40% in the current situation that rookie Dion is in and the cast he is surrounded by.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baseline Runner View Post
    This month stretch without Kyrie will be good for Dion. He'll be the primary playmaker and scorer on the team, with everything heaped on his shoulders. He'll have to learn through a crucible of fire but after which he should come out the better for it. I wouldn't expect prime Michael Jordan to shoot more than 40% in the current situation that rookie Dion is in and the cast he is surrounded by.
    K you was cruising down the road and picking up some speed. then you lost the wheel and went straight off a cliff

Thanks

aloud?

Sorry couldn't help it

Thanks
    Thanked 4,392 Times in 1,660 Posts

People would like to see him score other than when he gets hot from deep. When he takes it to the rack he either gets blocked or can't finish. His handles are also a little sloppy. He also has no left hand to speak of. Sure he can devlop these things and I hope he does but everybody has already penciled him in as an all star and our future at 2 guard. I haven't seen enough from him to anoint him.

Luckily he has the one thing you can't teach, the first step to get into lane. After that I agree he's got a lot to work on to improve his finishing AND drawing fouls. Right now when I watch him I get excited to see him drive to the hole and then the air sort of goes out of the balloon: ice cream with no cherry on top. I've been a big fan of his but I'd like him to go back to looking like a souped version of Ben Gordon rather then Randy Foye clone which he has looked like more recently. Hopefully he can put together as the ability looks like it's there and he is only 20.
    Last edited by Pioneer10; 11-22-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Luckily he has the one thing you can't teach, the first step to get into lane. After that I agree he's got a lot to work on to improve his finishing AND drawing fouls. Right now when I watch him I get excited to see him drive to the hole and then the air sort of goes out of the balloon: ice cream with no cherry on top. I've been a big fan of his but I'd like him to go back to looking like a souped version of Ben Gordon rather then Randy Foye clone which he has looked like more recently. Hopefully he can put together as the ability looks like it's there and he is only 20.
    Indeed, he does have speed. Would like to see him finish stronger when he does go all the way or use the floater if he has a big to finish over.

Last edited by TyGuy; 11-22-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,753 Times in 3,261 Posts

Not seeing anything from him that warrants much praise. I'm holding on judgment, but I'm not seeing anything remarkable from Dion...

Just my two cents...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gourimoko View Post
    Not seeing anything from him that warrants much praise. I'm holding on judgment, but I'm not seeing anything remarkable from Dion...

Just my two cents...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    If he gets the bounce on just 3 shots.. do we not praise the guy for putting up 20,6, and 4 on 45% shooting? Couple lay ups rolled off the rim.. couple shots popped out.. unwarranted to say he is unimpressive.

Team Player
    Thanks

He had 6 assists and was getting into the lane, which gets the defense scrambling and opens up opportunities, even if he has trouble finishing. He just needs to cut out some of the bad deep jumpers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    K you was cruising down the road and picking up some speed. then you lost the wheel and went straight off a cliff

So you think that Dion playing with clueless teammates like Miles and TT, Gee (probably the worst passer I've ever seen), Varejao (having a good year but never known as a great offensive player) and the bench bunch is expected to shoot at high percentages when the entire scoring and playmaking load is on his shoulders? I wouldn't expect that on anyone, not even Jordan (and there were times in his career, when he was with the Wiz, and when he came back from baseball or when Pippen was down, that his FG% was pretty abysmal). There are dozens of established guards and even a number of stars in the league who are currently shooting below 40% despite having very good supporting casts.

If he holds his own offensively by breaking down the defense, dishing out passes for his teammates while playing bulldog defense, that should be considered a great success for any rookie guard who has to carry a team, even if his FG% ends up being 35% (which I doubt it will be).

Thanks

N

damn can he get like 20 games before you start shitting on him for not being a perfect SG already.......shit