Page 287 of 864 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387787 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 12952

Thread: Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,040 Posts

Default Re: Welcome Dion Waiters - LHLD

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    Watch the games a little instead of playing with computer statistics.

To anyone who has watched the games (and not box scores) since Kyrie has been hurt, the ball movement with this team is night and day. That doesn't show up in your computer simulations, but it does when you watch the games.

It is not coincidence the bench started to shows signs of life only when Kyrie got hurt.

Everyone is involved out there and the ball is moving. That gets those guys in the flow of the game, and it is why they haven't looked so inept.

There are alot of intangible things that have been happening out there your spread sheet isn't going to see.
    It really hasnt.

There are some guys starting to make shots that didnt when Irving was playing. That's about it.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MYoung23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 537 Posts

I'm not concerned about both on the floor at the same time. Did you forget about how the offense would be initiated by one or the other? At times, Kyrie started in the corner with Dion initiating. The Motion offense with our C at the top really interchanges the 1, 2 and 3 guard/forward. The offense is in place for both to succeed. It is apparent to me.

We have gelled more as a "unit" since Kyrie went down. Just guys getting used to their roles and stepping up.

I just hope the board doesn't explode if we experience some pains when he returns.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoCavFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCavFan View Post
    I'm not concerned about both on the floor at the same time. Did you forget about how the offense would be initiated by one or the other? At times, Kyrie started in the corner with Dion initiating. The Motion offense with our C at the top really interchanges the 1, 2 and 3 guard/forward. The offense is in place for both to succeed. It is apparent to me.

We have gelled more as a "unit" since Kyrie went down. Just guys getting used to their roles and stepping up.

I just hope the board doesn't explode if we experience some pains when he returns.
    Haha, good luck with that...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    A of right now, Dion is not a better shooter than Hughes was in Cleveland. Dion's shooting %'s are terrible. Will they improve with better shot selection? Of course..... but so would have Hughes'.
    Dion needs to work on that right now..those quick off balance/one step fades are causing bad release points.
    He doesn't need to do that.
    He has shown he has a good handle can dish and he needs to use those skills to get himself a higher % shot.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

Say what you want about Dion's FG %, its blatantly obvious how much the Cavs need him out on the floor. He's a focal point. He's one of the few players on this team capable of attacking the rim, while also being a threat to pass at any moment.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,574 Times in 4,829 Posts

From the PD:

Dion Waiters (sprained left ankle) did not practice with #Cavs today and coach BScott said he's ''50-50'' to play against Bulls on Weds.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    Say what you want about Dion's FG %, its blatantly obvious how much the Cavs need him out on the floor. He's a focal point. He's one of the few players on this team capable of attacking the rim, while also being a threat to pass at any moment.
    Not sure how much this proves about Dion's value but w/o him we've lost 2 straight games by 10 points. Even w/o Kyrie the last time we had one of these kind of lopsided defeats (i.e. loss margin greater then or equal to 10) was 10 games prior to him getting hurt.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,647 Times in 3,219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Not sure how much this proves about Dion's value but w/o him we've lost 2 straight games by 10 points. Even w/o Kyrie the last time we had one of these kind of lopsided defeats (i.e. loss margin greater then or equal to 10) was 10 games prior to him getting hurt.
    Well, his value is that he can penetrate and distribute. He takes some bad shots, sure, but who else on this team besides maybe Kyrie has the court vision that Waiters has? Waiters has also shown a willingness to pass the ball (and more importantly, to make the right pass) that I'm not sure even Kyrie has equaled. You need guys like that to set up your role players for shots. Without Dion and Kyrie our role players have no one to play off of.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Well, his value is that he can penetrate and distribute. He takes some bad shots, sure, but who else on this team besides maybe Kyrie has the court vision that Waiters has? Waiters has also shown a willingness to pass the ball (and more importantly, to make the right pass) that I'm not sure even Kyrie has equaled. You need guys like that to set up your role players for shots. Without Dion and Kyrie our role players have no one to play off of.
    Kyrie's assist % is still the highest. I'll be surprised if it's ever higher than Kyrie's if that means anything in willingness to pass the ball.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,417 Times in 2,008 Posts

This story is a must read for stat lovers and stat haters alike.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8719297/how-kobe-bryant-missed-shots-translate-new-nba-statistic-kobe-assist

round the league this season, there are other examples of effective misses. Cavs rookie Dion Waiters provides a fascinating case. He's making 36 percent of his 3s so far this season, which is average, but incredibly the Cavs have rebounded 35 of his 54 misses (65 percent) from beyond the arc.
    Last edited by Douglar; 12-06-2012 at 02:52 PM.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Douglar For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Douglar View Post
    This story is a must read for stat lovers and stat haters alike.
    I wish he could have actually somehow shown that certain players are doing something that generates more offensive rebounds, otherwise it's hard to look past the fact that some teams are simply better at offensive rebounding than others. Heck, it was a staple of Hedo Turkoglu's game when he played with Howard to just kind of softly heave a shot up at the rim or backboard knowing that Dwight would go get it and throw it down.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I wish he could have actually somehow shown that certain players are doing something that generates more offensive rebounds, otherwise it's hard to look past the fact that some teams are simply better at offensive rebounding than others.
    Maybe you posted this before you finished reading the part about James Hardin and Omar Asik?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

I wish he could have actually somehow shown that certain players are doing something that generates more offensive rebounds, otherwise it's hard to look past the fact that some teams are simply better at offensive rebounding than others. Heck, it was a staple of Hedo Turkoglu's game when he played with Howard to just kind of softly heave a shot up at the rim or backboard knowing that Dwight would go get it and throw it down.
    Or that some teams, as the article suggested and I showed a couple weeks ago, don't stress offensive rebounding as much. It really makes you wonder. Is it better to not worry so much about getting a miss and hustle back on D? Many on here dismissed my findings from this year and last, but I think there is something to all of it.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Douglar View Post
    Maybe you posted this before you finished reading the part about James Hardin and Omar Asik?
    No. I didn't bother to see if asik actually was a good offensive rebounder with the bulls. It's his point to prove not mine.

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks

No. I didn't bother to see if asik actually was a good offensive rebounder with the bulls. It's his point to prove not mine.
    Perhaps a reread of the article is in order then.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Douglar For This Useful Post: