Page 331 of 864 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 12952

Thread: Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,545 Posts

Default Re: Welcome Dion Waiters - RHLD

In addition to the finishing, I liked that he played within himself and everything seemed to come with the flow of the game instead of forcing shots. Not only did this mean less dumb step back 2's but also some real nice assists. The rocket he threw to Tristan for the easy dunk was a sweet dime. On the whole, I think he's a better passer off the pick and roll then Kyrie
    Last edited by Pioneer10; 01-15-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

I also wanted to add that Dion handled himself well in the post game interview. The reporters were baiting him hard, question after question, trying to get him to say that he thinks he should be starting. He kept shaking it off. I appreciate stuff like that.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,577 Times in 4,830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    I think he's a better passer of the pick and roll then Kyrie
    Certainly a better passer than Kyrie tonight. Kyrie threw some lazy passes as well as some lightning bounce passes that suggested he was playing with speedy all-stars rather than Walton and Zeller.

It is hard to fully judge either of them on the pick and roll when Zeller hasn't been hitting his open jumpers and Tristan isn't nearly the threat that Varejao is on his way to the basket. In other words, there are fewer good passing options available, or at least they are not reflected in the assist numbers. But it does seem like both have sufficient talent to make the pick and roll far more effective than we've seen.

That pass to Tristan off the Livingston miss was fantastic.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ball hard D-Waiters, shitting on these haters.

I am so happy that he had a breakout game. The Clippers game WAS a fluke because he is NOT Ray Allen. This game was all about his bread and butter, attacking the basket. If only Kyrie would give a damn out there......

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PosterTime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hoping for a gem on Wednesday from the young guns in Portland. Me and my kids are going and will be sitting about 8-10 rows back on the corner. Can't wait to see Waiters speed since television slows everything down.
    WHEN WE FINALLY WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.......WE WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CavsFanJapan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PosterTime View Post
    Ball hard D-Waiters, shitting on these haters.

I am so happy that he had a breakout game. The Clippers game WAS a fluke because he is NOT Ray Allen. This game was all about his bread and butter, attacking the basket. If only Kyrie would give a damn out there......
    We don't know that for sure. This isn't necessarily a "correlation=causation" incident here, but Dion's shooting did just magically plummet as soon as he came back from that ankle injury, which Maximus said himself was affecting Dion's shooting. Before the injury, he stranded together a bunch of good shooting games especially from behind the arc. We'll have to see if he can ever approach those numbers again.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,156 Times in 2,610 Posts

Watched a lot of the second half at the bars so I couldn't post til now...Dion finally put it all together for a game. This is what I pictured from the kid at the NBA level.

Hopefully he can use this game as a launching pad with regards to playing an inside out game...when he attacks and finishes first, his jumpshot becomes way more lethal.

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

He looked like my boy John Starks on offense a little bit tonight. That cradle layup is sick.

When his first couple shots go in, his confidence is crazy. Aggressive and engaged on D and leaking out looking for transition buckets off his poke-arounds and digs on big men.

When his first couple shots dont, he forces it and checks out on D until he sees the ball go in the basket.

Took some of the same shots that I dont like, but he made a few early and got going. Gift and curse.

Now, the basketball purist in me would like to know how in the hell Jimmer beat him off the dribble from a triple threat and got an And 1?!?!?
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    He looked like my boy John Starks on offense a little bit tonight. That cradle layup is sick.

When his first couple shots go in, his confidence is crazy. Aggressive and engaged on D and leaking out looking for transition buckets off his poke-arounds and digs on big men.

When his first couple shots dont, he forces it and checks out on D until he sees the ball go in the basket.

Took some of the same shots that I dont like, but he made a few early and got going. Gift and curse.

Now, the basketball purist in me would like to know how in the hell Jimmer beat him off the dribble from a triple threat and got an And 1?!?!?
    LOL. To me, it looked like he was expecting a big to rotate and help stop the dribble penetration. He didn't look like he was moving at full speed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 446 Posts

he didnt fucking fade away on his jumpshots and they went in??

good game Dion.

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Waiters is showing some stuff lately..and his game is stepping up,he just needs to continue to work on shot selection..maybe he's a nice surprise to us all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Lantern For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,925 Times in 9,248 Posts

Dion 17ppg on 46/37/87 and almost 4 FTM made per game in the month of January. Efficiency is way up and he's looking like a legitimate #2 scorer right now.

If you told me the Cavs were going to draft a rookie that could put up that line across an entire season and learn to play solid defense, then I'd be quite satisfied with him as a 4th pick in most drafts.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,681 Times in 3,233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    Dion 17ppg on 46/37/87 and almost 4 FTM made per game in the month of January. Efficiency is way up and he's looking like a legitimate #2 scorer right now.

If you told me the Cavs were going to draft a rookie that could put up that line across an entire season and learn to play solid defense, then I'd be quite satisfied with him as a 4th pick in most drafts.
    If he put up a scoring line like that all season he would have been the second coming of Kyrie and would have one of the best rookie seasons of all time. Unlike most here, Dion has pretty much been what I expected: inconsistent, a work in progress, but enough flashes to make me feel confident he was a good pick.

It's nice to see him finally putting everything together, though. There's much more balance in his shot selection. His defense still needs a lot of work, but he's a rookie and he's already light years ahead of where Kyrie was last year so I'll take that as a positive sign.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,701 Posts

Still not getting any respect on HoopsWorld rookie watch. Not that it's a big deal, flying under the radar ain't bad, but he's putting up better stats than six players listed before him. No respect. I need to find a new NBA RSS feed.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rookie...h-january-15th
    i like jorts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 425 Posts

Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. - Tywin Lannister