Page 85 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2409
    Thanks

Default Re: Post Draft advice-Fantasy Football

I agree with everyone here. QB upgrades are never that big unless you somehow really fucked up and only have a Sanchez or some shit. Freeman is good enough that I would keep AP and Rice because they're killing it right now. If you really want a QB Eli and Ben are good buy low options right now.
    Roll Pack

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cursed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,625 Times in 9,761 Posts

Are the concerns about Ryan being benched during fantasy playoff time legitimate? I could see them wanting to rest him. In one league, I have Luck as Ryan's back-up and in the other league, I am trying for Palmer but do not currently have a back-up.
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    Are the concerns about Ryan being benched during fantasy playoff time legitimate? I could see them wanting to rest him. In one league, I have Luck as Ryan's back-up and in the other league, I am trying for Palmer but do not currently have a back-up.
    Obviously I can't be sure, but you'd have to think the concerns are legitimate. If any team was going to bench their QB it would be Atlanta. They're just running away with it right now.
    Ass pennies

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Thoughts about Cobb for the rest of the season? Is it sell high time?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cavsrook25 View Post
    Thoughts about Cobb for the rest of the season? Is it sell high time?
    I don't see why you would get rid of him unless you needed an upgrade elsewhere. Greenbay is getting back Jordy Nelson this week, but Cobb is still a targeted receiver for Rogers, who loves to spread the ball around.

He and James Jones are players you start, because without Greg Jennings there's only one true No.1 receiver in Nelson - which opens up more room for Cobb and Jones.

Looking for some thoughts and opinions on a flex start this week:
    Josh Gordon @ Dallas
    Michael Crabtree vs. Chicago
    Cecil Shorts @ Houston.

Leaning towards Gordon considering both Crabtree and Shorts are playing good defenses, and Alex Smith is iffy for the 49ers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CavsRules For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsRules View Post
    I don't see why you would get rid of him unless you needed an upgrade elsewhere. Greenbay is getting back Jordy Nelson this week, but Cobb is still a targeted receiver for Rogers, who loves to spread the ball around.

He and James Jones are players you start, because without Greg Jennings there's only one true No.1 receiver in Nelson - which opens up more room for Cobb and Jones.

Looking for some thoughts and opinions on a flex start this week:
    Josh Gordon @ Dallas
    Michael Crabtree vs. Chicago
    Cecil Shorts @ Houston.

Leaning towards Gordon considering both Crabtree and Shorts are playing good defenses, and Alex Smith is iffy for the 49ers.
    I only have three starting quality WRs, but I have a few decent running backs on my bench. I could get Fitz and Andre Johnson for Cobb and Leshoure. That would give me 4 good WRs and 3 great RBs going into the playoffs. League has a RB/TE/WR flex spot.

Edit: I would play Gordon because while none of the match-ups are great I think Cleveland will be behind.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cavsrook25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 458 Posts

Fitz has questions at quarterback, and Andre Johnson hasn't looked like the Andre Johnson we're all use to seeing.

Its basically trading for big name players, and giving away two guys who have produced pretty well this year.

If you're looking for the big name and the possible breakout game(s), then I'd do the deal... But I know Cobb is going to continue to get looks by Rogers, so he's going to get you the points at receiver.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CavsRules For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Need some advice on QB and TE positions this week. Should I go with Brady vs INDY or Rodgers vs DET... and Tony Gonzales vs ARI or Aaron Hernandez vs Indy.
    Thanks
    (10 team PPR)
    "Have a good life, everybody."
    - Joe Tait

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Born 'N' Raised View Post
    Need some advice on QB and TE positions this week. Should I go with Brady vs INDY or Rodgers vs DET... and Tony Gonzales vs ARI or Aaron Hernandez vs Indy.
    Thanks
    (10 team PPR)
    I'll tell you what you should do...you should trade Brady or Rogers for an RB1 and a WR2 or an RB2 and a WR1.

If you start Brady, and Hernandez is healthy... why not start Hernandez? Double up on the points. If he's not healthy, obviously Gonzalez has been awesome this year.
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll tell you what you should do...you should trade Brady or Rogers for an RB1 and a WR2 or an RB2 and a WR1.

If you start Brady, and Hernandez is healthy... why not start Hernandez? Double up on the points. If he's not healthy, obviously Gonzalez has been awesome this year.
    Seriously, I'm not even sure how one manages to get both Brady and Rodgers on their team. I'd probably roll with Rodgers who has been hot as of late and try to move Brady to bolster other spots.
    Ass pennies

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakalu M.D. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I drafted Rodgers and picked up Brady/Hernandez for Andy Dalton/Isaac Redman (if I remember correctly). I have tried half a dozen times to trade Brady for a RB (desperately needed), but nobody's biting.

I'm leaning toward starting Brady because of Indy's lack of secondary. If I do that, would it make sense to stay away from Hernandez? I mean if Brady has an off day, it kills Hernandez' points as well... diversify my investments so to speak? Though the likelihood of Brady not having a stellar day against that matchup is pretty slim.
    Last edited by Born 'N' Raised; 11-15-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    - Joe Tait

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Born 'N' Raised View Post
    I drafted Rodgers and picked up Brady/Hernandez for Andy Dalton/Isaac Redman (if I remember correctly). I have tried half a dozen times to trade Brady for a RB (desperately needed), but nobody's biting.

I'm leaning toward starting Brady because of Indy's lack of secondary. If I do that, would it make sense to stay away from Hernandez? I mean if Brady has an off day, it kills Hernandez' points as well... diversify my investments so to speak? Though the likelihood of Brady not having a stellar day against that matchup is pretty slim.
    Can I get an invite to your league? Dalton and Redman landed you Brady/Hernandez? That's just silly.

As for who to start, that's all up to you. I personally love playing a QB with his receivers, it runs up the score quickly if they play well. At the same time, if the QB doesn't play well then you're out of luck. I had Megatron and Stafford last year and again this year. Last year they carried me to the post season. This year I traded Stafford and have been waiting for Megatron to turn it on like he did last week.
    Ass pennies

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakalu M.D. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I drafted Matt Ryan solely BECAUSE I had already taken Julio and then took Tony Gonzalez once I locked up Ryan.

It's a pretty huge advantage to double the points when a QB in a pass-heavy offense connects with another player on your roster. If you start Brady, I'd go with a healthy Hernandez for that reason...

And you're talking to a guy that's 1st in two 12 man leagues and 2nd in a 14 man. I know my shit.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I drafted Matt Ryan solely BECAUSE I had already taken Julio and then took Tony Gonzalez once I locked up Ryan.

It's a pretty huge advantage to double the points when a QB in a pass-heavy offense connects with another player on your roster. If you start Brady, I'd go with a healthy Hernandez for that reason...

And you're talking to a guy that's 1st in two 12 man leagues and 2nd in a 14 man. I know my shit.
    Well yeah, you'd think you learned something from all the scat sites and shit gifs.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalu View Post
    Can I get an invite to your league? Dalton and Redman landed you Brady/Hernandez? That's just silly.

As for who to start, that's all up to you. I personally love playing a QB with his receivers, it runs up the score quickly if they play well. At the same time, if the QB doesn't play well then you're out of luck. I had Megatron and Stafford last year and again this year. Last year they carried me to the post season. This year I traded Stafford and have been waiting for Megatron to turn it on like he did last week.
    My bad... got the TE's reversed. It was Brady and Gonzales, but essentially the same. It was a good friend of mine (a Cincinnati fan) who was helping me out because Hernandez (my only TE) was hurt and I'm not sure why he threw Brady in the deal.
    - Joe Tait