Page 86 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2409
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

Default Re: Post Draft advice-Fantasy Football

Now that is what collusion looks like guys
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Team Player
    Thanks

Reggie Bush has been horrible the last few weeks , I may have to start Leshoure during the playoffs

Team Player Ovum Defender Champion Bubble Lanes Champion Mouse Blocks Champion halloween beatdown Champion Weave Champion Crazy Penguin Champion Redbeard's Treasure Champion Pirate Bubble Champion supergoat52's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    I drafted Matt Ryan solely BECAUSE I had already taken Julio and then took Tony Gonzalez once I locked up Ryan.

It's a pretty huge advantage to double the points when a QB in a pass-heavy offense connects with another player on your roster. If you start Brady, I'd go with a healthy Hernandez for that reason...

And you're talking to a guy that's 1st in two 12 man leagues and 2nd in a 14 man. I know my shit.
    I see the issue of starting two linked players often and here is my take on it. Your expected return does not change if two players are linked, but the standard deviation on your return does. Meaning, you are more likely to have a "boom" week, while simultaneously more likely to have a "bust" week given that the two scores are more dependent on each other. If i am the favorite in a league, I prefer to lower my standard deviation because a "bust" week is a greater danger than a "boom" is an advantage. If i am an underdog in a league/week, I prefer the opposite because a "boom" week is more valuable than a "bust" is hurtful.

Basically I agree with your logic that it is not something to be generally avoided, and can be advantageous, but i think there is a drawback to it too if you are the superior team.

1st place in two 12-man leagues including RCF alternate, and you know how i do in bball .

Thanks
    Thanked 30,577 Times in 9,744 Posts

Screw the math. All I know is that Matt Ryan is having a career year and putting up huge points every week. And he rarely throws to anyone other than Julio, Roddy and Gonzo.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

BET SLOTS FULL- 6/28/2014

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

I've noticed a trend. When Jamaal gets carries, he puts up big numbers. So I have to ask, what the Hell is Romeo thinking when Jamaal doesn't get carries? I understand injuries, but there are a couple of games where he's only gotten 5-6 carries for no reason.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Well the Texans' D screwed me yesterday. Basically I lose unless Forte breaks his ankle on the first snap.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Matt Ryan and Nick Foles (don't make me explain) just annihilated me this week. Arian Foster's shit-bag game didn't help either.

This is the first time this year I lost in all three leagues. Didn't hit 80pts in any of them.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

Matt Ryan and Nick Foles (don't make me explain) just annihilated me this week. Arian Foster's shit-bag game didn't help either.

This is the first time this year I lost in all three leagues. Didn't hit 80pts in any of them.
    Hes a fantasy football guru!
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    Hes a fantasy football guru!
    And only three posts above that, I was bragging on how great the Ryan- Julio connection was and no need to diversify your WR portfolio...

Bettors:

Thanks

Nick Foles screwed me too. I played DeSean because of the matchup. Then Foles comes in and sucks a donkey schlong. Gabbert getting hurt screwed me, I'm not sure how Jacksonville didn't realize Henne was better than him weeks ago. I'm better than Gabbert. Henne comes in and lights up one of the best Ds in football, thus screwing me. Having your D go negative just blows.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Ok, there's some hardcore collusion going on in my league right now. I'm in an 8 person league, well at the beginning of the season two of the guys who were in the league last year left. One of the guys brought in his cousin and a friend of his. The two new guys are best friends. Well one of them is fighting me for a playoff spot, he's a game behind me and I'm a half game out of the playoffs. The two friends play each other this week, the guy who is chasing me is up by 1 point. Well his opponent just switched out Michael Crabtree for Percy Harvin who is on a bye thus securing his friend a win.
    Ass pennies

Team Player
    Thanks

^^
    Damn that's a bitch move, if its a money league i would let the league manager know. I think they have the power to move players on other rosters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Witz View Post
    ^^
    Damn that's a bitch move, if its a money league i would let the league manager know. I think they have the power to move players on other rosters.
    It's not a money league. We're all young recent college grads and we're all broke. Just annoying as Hell.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 712 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    It's not a money league. We're all young recent college grads and we're all broke. Just annoying as Hell.
    That's a good reason to only play money leagues. It doesn't need to be a big pot, even a $10 buy-in tends to keep people serious and honest.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

Thanks

Left DX and Dalton on my bench I too fell victim to the Foles hype. Unless Gore goes videogame mode tonight I' screwed, effectively ending any playoff hopes I had. I played against Bowe who had zero points obviously but I also played against Dre Johnson..who had 50 in our ppr league.
    Roll Pack