Page 89 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2409
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 329 Posts

Default Re: Post Draft advice-Fantasy Football

So here's a keeper question...

12 team, PPR league, 15 round draft...

We get to keep 2 players where we sacrifice the pick two higher than where that player was picked the previous year. We can keep the same guy until that two pick jump is off the board. Now, if we pick up a guy off of the waiver wire, he is slotted as a 10th rounder. A lot of leagues will resort to a player's original draft slot if someone else drafted him and later dropped him, but we don't. It's a 10th round pick regardless.

I have Gronkowski and will keep him for sure for a 5th rounder next year. I'll have decision time the following year to see if he's worth a 3rd or not.

Now it is decision time. I have Trent Richardson, who I picked up in the 3rd last year. He will cost me a 1st if I keep him.

I snagged DeSean Jackson off of the WW and can keep him for a 10th.

I can also grab SD's Vincent Brown off of the WW and keep him for a 10th. Brown was supposed to blow up this year before getting hurt.

McGahee is also out there.

Who would you keep?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hurl Bruce For This Useful Post:

DFX

Thanks

DEF has been a thorn in my side the last few weeks. It cost me 2 of my last 3 games (opponents with near 30point DEF). This week my opponent has CHI @ SEA and I'm feeling like I'm gonna get screwed again.
    Last edited by Born 'N' Raised; 11-30-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    "Have a good life, everybody."
    - Joe Tait

Team Player
    Thanks

Hurl bruce i have no experience with keeper leagues but between Brown,Desean, & Mcgahee for a 10th round pick, I would probably lean towards the Willis. Wideouts almost always pop up via Wavier wire, but decent starting Rb's are always difficult to find just my 2 cents.

Got my own question better start at RB??
    Reggie Bush vs Pats or Mikel Leshoure Vs.Colts???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Witz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurl Bruce View Post
    So here's a keeper question...

12 team, PPR league, 15 round draft...

We get to keep 2 players where we sacrifice the pick two higher than where that player was picked the previous year. We can keep the same guy until that two pick jump is off the board. Now, if we pick up a guy off of the waiver wire, he is slotted as a 10th rounder. A lot of leagues will resort to a player's original draft slot if someone else drafted him and later dropped him, but we don't. It's a 10th round pick regardless.

I have Gronkowski and will keep him for sure for a 5th rounder next year. I'll have decision time the following year to see if he's worth a 3rd or not.

Now it is decision time. I have Trent Richardson, who I picked up in the 3rd last year. He will cost me a 1st if I keep him.

I snagged DeSean Jackson off of the WW and can keep him for a 10th.

I can also grab SD's Vincent Brown off of the WW and keep him for a 10th. Brown was supposed to blow up this year before getting hurt.

McGahee is also out there.

Who would you keep?
    Sounds like an interesting league, I really like Trent Richardson as a fantasy back who can get you 15+ points a game. Obviously if Adrian Peterson or Foster were there you take them, but Richardson is going to be up there next year. Tough call because you could potentially be taking Richardson first overall, but that's not a terrible choice whatsoever.

I'd keep Trent if I were you, and maybe take a gamble on Vincent Brown. McGahee has yet another injury to his knee, so it's likely his career will be taking a major blow even if/when he does return next year. DeSean Jackson is a a wildcard.. Explosiveness option to play with in fantasy, but he has had two down years so far, and from the looks of things the Eagles are rebuilding right now. If Jackson were to be sent somewhere else, then I'd easily nab him up for a 10th rounder, but if he remains in Philly.. Go look elsewhere.

That's my two cents, anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Witz View Post
    Got my own question better start at RB??
    Reggie Bush vs Pats or Mikel Leshoure Vs.Colts???
    Colts aren't that good against the run, and LeShoure seems to be the guy there in Detroit, even in a passing offense he gets the rock a decent amount of times. I like Mikel LeShoure to have a pretty decent game this week, likely a touchdown and 80-90 yards.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CavsRules For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsRules View Post
    Sounds like an interesting league, I really like Trent Richardson as a fantasy back who can get you 15+ points a game. Obviously if Adrian Peterson or Foster were there you take them, but Richardson is going to be up there next year. Tough call because you could potentially be taking Richardson first overall, but that's not a terrible choice whatsoever.

I'd keep Trent if I were you, and maybe take a gamble on Vincent Brown. McGahee has yet another injury to his knee, so it's likely his career will be taking a major blow even if/when he does return next year. DeSean Jackson is a a wildcard.. Explosiveness option to play with in fantasy, but he has had two down years so far, and from the looks of things the Eagles are rebuilding right now. If Jackson were to be sent somewhere else, then I'd easily nab him up for a 10th rounder, but if he remains in Philly.. Go look elsewhere.
    The temptation to take TRich is there...but until I get a good feel on how players are going to be ranked for the first round next summer, I may be better off rolling the dice that I can grab him in the first anyway and then still get Gronk and a steal in the 10th.

We do a weighted draft order selection process where we throw ping pong balls into a hopper and start drawing names from last spot to first (winner of consolation bracket gets to pick his spot). I'll have the most or second most balls in there, so I'll be in the back half.

Going into my last game, I'm going to pick up and stash a couple guys so I can then evaluate who is the best deal come August.

I can't see taking McGahee. I just don't see a guy at his age coming back too strongly from a knee injury. I would bet Denver drafts a replacement or brings in a quality back to assume lead duties. Moreno isn't the answer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 600 Posts

They just drafted Ronnie Hillman this year so I see him being the future there if I had to guess.
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 3,486 Posts

So if RG3, Alfred Morris, and Victor Cruz don't put up 65 then I make the playoffs. I'm feeling mildly confident, but that's before RG3 puts up his 50.
    Ass pennies

Team Player
    Thanks

Bryce Brown has been a hell of a pickup these last 2 weeks. Hoping McCoy misses these next 2 weeks giving me that much needed #1 RB through out my fantasy playoffs and making me $400 richer in the process.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    So if RG3, Alfred Morris, and Victor Cruz don't put up 65 then I make the playoffs. I'm feeling mildly confident, but that's before RG3 puts up his 50.
    PPR? Chances of three main guys putting up 65 points isn't exactly rare..

Don't mind to dwell your confidence, but, realistically..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsRules View Post
    PPR? Chances of three main guys putting up 65 points isn't exactly rare..

Don't mind to dwell your confidence, but, realistically..
    Not PPR, which helps.
    Ass pennies

Team Player
    Thanks

With the last regular season game over. How many of you guys make the playoffs?

Thanks

With the last regular season game over. How many of you guys make the playoffs?
    I needed to pull out a win this week to make it, ended up winning by 26 and making the playoffs. I had a miserable start to the season but rallied in the middle and finished strong. Unfortunately I'm facing the top seed and I'm not too confident. My team has a lot of guys who can go off on any given sunday. If I have a good week, you never know.

I wouldn't have been in this situation at all if those two dudes hadn't colluded earlier in the season, essentially giving my main playoff competition a free win.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

my leagues fucked up, we got one more week left. I think. But i should have clinched the 3 spot. Could lose on purpose or try to win to play with the matchup. Really want to take this one kid out that trade cheating the league.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    I needed to pull out a win this week to make it, ended up winning by 26 and making the playoffs. I had a miserable start to the season but rallied in the middle and finished strong. Unfortunately I'm facing the top seed and I'm not too confident. My team has a lot of guys who can go off on any given sunday. If I have a good week, you never know.

I wouldn't have been in this situation at all if those two dudes hadn't colluded earlier in the season, essentially giving my main playoff competition a free win.
    Well at least the dude who was getting the free win didn't get in . I made some real great pick-ups these last 2 weeks getting Shorts III, Garcon,B.Brown , & Kaepernick feeling pretty good about my team.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Witz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well at least the dude who was getting the free win didn't get in . I made some real great pick-ups these last 2 weeks getting Shorts III, Garcon,B.Brown , & Kaepernick feeling pretty good about my team.
    Bryce Brown has been beasting, I thought about grabbing him when I saw Foles was starting for Vick. Should have followed my gut.

I've got Peyton, Trent, DMC, Jamaal, Spiller, Jimmy Graham, Megatron, and a guy I've been getting some great production from in Flash Gordon. I'm forgetting some names, but those should be the big ones.

My team's not great but, as I said, these guys can go off at any point.

After I clinched the playoffs I sent some filthy trash talk to the guy who colluded, it was good to vent. This continues my streak of never missing the playoffs, though I did it by the hair on my sack.
    Ass pennies