Page 96 of 161 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2409
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 791 Posts

Default Re: Post Draft advice-Fantasy Football

Well boys my great season came to an championship end yesterday. Started 9-0, went on a stretch of 1-3, then won the playoffs. I was bode enough to start Jordy and that late TD proved to be the winner.

Here's my roster for those that are interested to see what I won with, I didn't have a dominating player either, my best player was a tie between Ryan and Trent. It was all about depth in the end.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...&seasonId=2012

If anyone is looking for an active, competitive league member, I would have no problem joining you next year.

It's basketball time at the Q! -Bring back Joe Tait

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Real Deal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Boom, won my ship carried on the backs of Peyton Manning and Michael Crabtree. Limped into the playoffs as the bottom seed, and upset my way to victory.
    Ass pennies

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 328 Posts

Already thinking keeper decisions for next season...

On a team that I can keep 4 (start 2 QB), I have:

1. RGIII
    2. Matt Ryan
    3. Arian Foster
    4. Calvin Johnson

with CJ Spiller and Rob Gronkowski waiting in the wings.

I see Spiller blowing up soon. I want to try to unload Ryan and either Spiller or Foster to get a better QB. The owner with Rodgers has crappy options at the keeper spots. Do you think that Ryan/Foster is too much to offer for Rodgers? Or do you think that Ryan/Spiller is fair?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurl Bruce View Post
    Already thinking keeper decisions for next season...

On a team that I can keep 4 (start 2 QB), I have:

1. RGIII
    2. Matt Ryan
    3. Arian Foster
    4. Calvin Johnson

with CJ Spiller and Rob Gronkowski waiting in the wings.

I see Spiller blowing up soon. I want to try to unload Ryan and either Spiller or Foster to get a better QB. The owner with Rodgers has crappy options at the keeper spots. Do you think that Ryan/Foster is too much to offer for Rodgers? Or do you think that Ryan/Spiller is fair?
    Ryan has been awesome himself this season. I wouldn't trade Foster to get Rodgers. Ryan only put up about 25 fewer points than Rodgers all season (in my league scoring). Parting with the 2nd best back in football who you know will get carries just isn't worth it at all. With Spiller you don't really know how he'll do as long as he's forced to deal with Fred Jackson.

Don't know what your scoring is, but frankly I'd just stick with the 4 you mentioned and be thrilled. RG3 is going nowhere but up and Ryan started off awesome before having a few average games to end the year.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

I lost in the ship for the 3rd consecuative year. Cant complain because i was in the money and its kinda funny. Hurl, you gotta take Gronk he's the best TE in the league by far and I think just as good/consistent as calvin. I'd drop a QB for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 844 Posts

Just fleeced my friend who accidentally drafted Peyton Manning in the 1st then Colin Kaeprenick in the second. (same bye)

Offered B. Weeden for C. Kaeprenick. Accepted.

Commish is pretty pissed, I think it's going to get vetoed. I kept telling him how it's fair because the person I traded with is a dumbass and fleecing your friends in deals is okay. Don't think it's gonna works so I think I'm going to have to re-work this deal and make it Russell Wilson instead of Weeden.

Takin' RCF to Poundtown 9 Ball Pool Challenge Champion BABUCO PONG 2 Champion Hidden 100 Lati Champion Boomeranger Champion SixPACK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 615 Posts

What a dumbass friend of yours. First for taking Manning in the 1st and 2nd for drafting 2 QB's with his first 2 picks??

I would hate to have my draft this early with all the injuries, etc..
    -Pain is weakness leaving the body. . .

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff. . .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SixPACK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

what six pack said, the last week of preseason is the only acceptable start date to drafts imo
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    what six pack said, the last week of preseason is the only acceptable start date to drafts imo
    Shut up you traded Jamaal Charles for Danny Amendola.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Triplethreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

Your memory is above average!
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 791 Posts

Ill be doing my draft the Sunday before the season kicks off.

Haven't really been prepping but I'm cocky this year coming off a dominating season last year only losing 3 times.

Players I will be staying away from: DMC, Murray, Miles, Nicks, maybe MJD, and Gronk. I have bad luck with these guys from years passed.

It's basketball time at the Q! -Bring back Joe Tait

Thanks
    Thanked 30,578 Times in 9,745 Posts

Agree with that list entirely. I also have an aversion to Newton and RGIII solely because they run around so damn much and I fear injury. Really wish I had the balls to draft RGIII, but I'll go after Manning and Ryan instead.

Do people feel like Brady can put up an elite season with the garbage he has around him now? He's ranked so damn low...

Do people buy into the Dez Bryant hype? No way I'd take him where he's being projected if Marshall or AJ Green were on the board.

Who are people's top 3 out of the following top RBs:

Marshawn, Jamaal Charles, Rice, McCoy, Muscle Hamster

I am pick 3 and I cannot decide. I assume Foster and AP eill be gone and I'm not sure I want Foster anyways.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

BET SLOTS FULL- 6/28/2014

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 455 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post
    Ill be doing my draft the Sunday before the season kicks off.

Haven't really been prepping but I'm cocky this year coming off a dominating season last year only losing 3 times.

Players I will be staying away from: DMC, Murray, Miles, Nicks, maybe MJD, and Gronk. I have bad luck with these guys from years passed.
    How do you even prep for fantasy football?

I just follow NFL Network throughout the month of August and my draft is usually after the 4th preseason game, so I'll know all the injuries. Sure, you read some fantasy books but I often just wing it on draft day - and I've only missed the playoffs once in 6 years.

I really want a mid-to late first rounder. You get yourself a solid 1st pick, and then a solid 2nd pick because of the snake. I'm aiming at RB and QB the first two picks, but only if a elite QB is there would I budge, other than that receiver or another top running back should be the choice.

Takin' RCF to Poundtown 9 Ball Pool Challenge Champion BABUCO PONG 2 Champion Hidden 100 Lati Champion Boomeranger Champion SixPACK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post

Yep, my current list of "stay-away" players are MJD, CJ, McFadden, Rivers, Schaub, Kaepernick. Some people may not like the CJ (C. Johnson) hate but just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anel Hershiser View Post
    but I'll go after Manning and Ryan instead.

Who are people's top 3 out of the following top RBs:

Marshawn, Jamaal Charles, Rice, McCoy, Muscle Hamster

I am pick 3 and I cannot decide. I assume Foster and AP eill be gone and I'm not sure I want Foster anyways.
    Yea, I am hoping I can grab Manning in the 3rd (most likely not) but I am completely fine with Ryan or Stafford in 3-5th.

I am a huge Lynch fan. I try and draft him every year. If I get 3rd or later, taking if available. 100yd machine. Forte is in for a big year too. Had those 2 last year and wasn't mad.

Quote Originally Posted by CavsRules View Post
    How do you even prep for fantasy football?
    I just go by my usual draft "sheet", look at all the players, injuries, switch of teams, depth...and follow it every year..

1. QB is deep as hell
    2. DEF late, who cares how much they are "projected", always one of last picks before K.
    3. tons of RB promise, pick up bunch of back-ups.

I am really liking Steven Jackson this year, Ridley, Helu, DRich in later rounds. Forte 2nd/early 3rd.

Hey no matter what, its fantasy football, its a reason to watch the Rams vs Jets.
    -Pain is weakness leaving the body. . .

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff. . .

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SixPACK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,578 Times in 9,745 Posts

Prepping for fantasy fball for me = mock drafts, which are tremendously helpful.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

BET SLOTS FULL- 6/28/2014

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post: