Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 696
  1. #676
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    2,422
    Thanks
    883
    Thanked 868 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    He broke tebow and newton's total yards record. He's setting the bar high for himself.
    What does this even mean? He doesn't have more total yards than Tebow? And the only reason he may have more yards than Cam is because he only played 1 year. I don't get it?

  2. #677
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,954
    Thanks
    1,213
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Manzel feasted on the bad teams. But that doesn't help Miller's case at all.

  3. #678
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,709
    Thanks
    3,584
    Thanked 13,563 Times in 5,392 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Manzel feasted on the bad teams. But that doesn't help Miller's case at all.
    Yeah, softee SEC schedule

    He was exposed against Bama.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  4. #679
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    5,378
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 717 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Manzel feasted on the bad teams. But that doesn't help Miller's case at all.
    Do you ever bother to check the validity of your opinion before you post it? Manziel had some big games against a tough schedule. I'd hardly count matchups with Florida, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss and Missouri as "bad teams"...
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  5. #680
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    2,422
    Thanks
    883
    Thanked 868 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Do you ever bother to check the validity of your opinion before you post it? Manziel had some big games against a tough schedule. I'd hardly count matchups with Florida, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss and Missouri as "bad teams"...
    Well I'd hardly say that FLA, LSU, and Ole Miss were "impressive" games, either..

    1 TD vs. FLA
    0 TD/3 INT vs. LSU
    2 TD/2 INT vs. Ole Miss

    EDIT: So 3 TDs and 5 INT in those 3 games.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:


  7. #681
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    5,378
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 717 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Well I'd hardly say that FLA, LSU, and Ole Miss were "impressive" games, either..

    1 TD vs. FLA
    0 TD/3 INT vs. LSU
    2 TD/2 INT vs. Ole Miss

    EDIT: So 3 TDs and 5 INT in those 3 games.
    That's looking solely at numbers. He played great against LSU. It also ignores his passer ratings, and the 200 yards and TDs he contributed on the ground against those teams.

    I'm not saying he's flawless, but he had a great year against a reasonably tough schedule.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  8. #682
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,709
    Thanks
    3,584
    Thanked 13,563 Times in 5,392 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Lets also not forget 60 rushing yards and a TD against FLA
    129 yards and a TD against OleMiss
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  9. #683
    Gold Star Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chocolate City
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 113 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Yeah, softee SEC schedule

    He was exposed against Bama.
    Soft SEC schedule? What do you call ohio states yearly tour of the community colleges of Ohio?

  10. #684
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,954
    Thanks
    1,213
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Soft SEC schedule? What do you call ohio states yearly tour of the community colleges of Ohio?
    I think that was sarcasm champ. But Ohio State usually plays a tough non conference schedule.

  11. #685
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    2,422
    Thanks
    883
    Thanked 868 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    That's looking solely at numbers. He played great against LSU. It also ignores his passer ratings, and the 200 yards and TDs he contributed on the ground against those teams.

    I'm not saying he's flawless, but he had a great year against a reasonably tough schedule.
    Great enough against LSU to have a god-awful 82.5 rating. Yeah, he threw for 276 but he had 0 TDs/3 INT and only ran for 27 yards -- easily his worst all around game of the season. Awful game against a top team.

    And Ole Miss is a pile of shit. I'm not sure why they were included on that list.

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Lets also not forget 60 rushing yards and a TD against FLA
    129 yards and a TD against OleMiss
    I said 1 TD against FLA. That was his only TD of the game (a rushing TD).

    Was just counting total TDs, not specifying which were throwing and which were rushing, because frankly I don't care. They're TDs either way.

  12. #686
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    5,378
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 717 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Great enough against LSU to have a god-awful 82.5 rating. Yeah, he threw for 276 but he had 0 TDs/3 INT and only ran for 27 yards -- easily his worst all around game of the season. Awful game against a top team.

    And Ole Miss is a pile of shit. I'm not sure why they were included on that list.



    I said 1 TD against FLA. That was his only TD of the game (a rushing TD).

    Was just counting total TDs, not specifying which were throwing and which were rushing, because frankly I don't care. They're TDs either way.
    You obviously didn't see the game. Manziel had two sure TD passes dropped, one of which bounced out of the receiver's hands and turned into an INT. The Aggies dropped a ton of passes, and their special teams unit was terrible. All that, and still Manziel was the only reason Texas A&M was still in the game.

    This is a perfect example of a box score not representing the quality of play on the field.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  13. #687
    Brunette Connoisseur MAKING WORDS Champion Cratylus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,340
    Thanks
    10,057
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 478 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Soft SEC schedule? What do you call ohio states yearly tour of the community colleges of Ohio?
    I only have three words for James, our outspoken Michigan fan:

    Toledo, Appalachian State
    Founding Member of the RCF Crazy Donators Club
    Current Members: Cratylus, Warren G., BodegaBayCav

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cratylus For This Useful Post:


  15. #688
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    2,422
    Thanks
    883
    Thanked 868 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    You obviously didn't see the game. Manziel had two sure TD passes dropped, one of which bounced out of the receiver's hands and turned into an INT. The Aggies dropped a ton of passes, and their special teams unit was terrible. All that, and still Manziel was the only reason Texas A&M was still in the game.

    This is a perfect example of a box score not representing the quality of play on the field.
    You're right, I did not watch the game, no interest.

    Also, you're right, the box score is not a fair representation of that game assuming that is what actually happened.

  16. #689
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,348
    Thanks
    4,609
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 547 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    What does this even mean? He doesn't have more total yards than Tebow? And the only reason he may have more yards than Cam is because he only played 1 year. I don't get it?
    I was referring to winning the heisman again next year(i believe he will win it this year).

  17. #690
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,348
    Thanks
    4,609
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 547 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cratylus View Post
    I only have three words for James, our outspoken Michigan fan:

    Toledo, Appalachian State

    never living that shit down

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •