Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 346
  1. #136
    All Star Giambiwannabe7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,132
    Thanks
    2,671
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    Lakers bench Pau for remainder of season. Readying a trade for boobie? Straight up Boobie for Pau? Im in

    Edit: one of many sources:http://hoops-nation.com/community/to...ch-for-lakers/
    Why in the world would LAL make that trade?

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:


  3. #137
    Real Cavs Fan AuxiliaryPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,242
    Thanks
    3,758
    Thanked 1,975 Times in 718 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Why in the world would LA not play Pau or 'twan when theyre hurting for wins?

    Trade them Boob and Walton, since theyll need a new PF and salary space. We did send KJones to the Charge, so we could really use another big man

  4. #138
    Sports Archaeologist Scholar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    11,065
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,042 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    Lakers bench Pau for remainder of season. Readying a trade for boobie? Straight up Boobie for Pau? Im in

    Edit: one of many sources:http://hoops-nation.com/community/to...ch-for-lakers/
    I wouldn't want that trade. I know you said it in jest. But, I don't want his 19 million dollar a year contract anywhere near this team.

  5. #139
    All Star Giambiwannabe7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,132
    Thanks
    2,671
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    Why in the world would LA not play Pau or 'twan when theyre hurting for wins?

    Trade them Boob and Walton, since theyll need a new PF and salary space. We did send KJones to the Charge, so we could really use another big man
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, bud.

  6. #140
    Real Cavs Fan AuxiliaryPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,242
    Thanks
    3,758
    Thanked 1,975 Times in 718 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, bud.
    Im not really lol its just something fun to think about.

  7. #141
    Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,332
    Thanks
    8,417
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I'd love to somehow do Boobie for Jordan Hill. Even though he's a more valuable player than Boobie, the guy's out for the season, and the Lakers are in win-now mode, so they need players that can help them now. Perhaps we could leverage such a trade?

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Free Agency God For This Useful Post:


  9. #142
    Double stuffed Oreos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    740
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 73 Times in 33 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Not sure about what the CBA has to say about it, but can we trade Gibson to the Lakers and just get the protection off the swap?

  10. #143
    Hustling on the inside wuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richfield Coliseum
    Posts
    14,926
    Thanks
    11,124
    Thanked 24,149 Times in 5,337 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Not sure about what the CBA has to say about it, but can we trade Gibson to the Lakers and just get the protection off the swap?
    No, the Lakers traded the pick (post-swap) to the Suns. I doubt the Suns would approve any further tweaking of the swap if it weren't in their interest. The agreement between the Cavs and Lakers has to do only with the potential swap. I can't see any way it could be amended without the Suns involvement, and they have no reason to give up what may be an unprotected lottery pick.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:


  12. #144
    All Star MirORich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    4,200
    Thanks
    1,667
    Thanked 4,726 Times in 1,461 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    No because of the Nash trade and its been covered in multiple threads. The Lakers are going to miss the playoffs and we'll be getting the Heat pick(probably 26-27)
    It was a good risk by Grant to get the swap option thrown in(on top of the 2012 Lakers 1st) for Ramon Sessions, but it's looking like it's not going to pay off.

    That Sacramento pick, as the protection moves down towards top 10 protected only and as they move to Seattle(where they will get an influx of direction, leadership, cash and actual desire from ownership to win), looks to be more and more a reality come 2015-2017. One of those year, when we already have a playoff team, we'll end up with a pick in the 10-16 range from Sacramento. That will be a sweet bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Not sure about what the CBA has to say about it, but can we trade Gibson to the Lakers and just get the protection off the swap?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:


  14. #145
    Veteran Soar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio/Scotland
    Posts
    8,984
    Thanks
    3,467
    Thanked 11,014 Times in 3,128 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    I expect Gibson to be used in a trade due to his expiring contract. Shooters are like bullpen help. Everyone always wants an extra one come the trade deadline.
    Last edited by Soar; 01-22-2013 at 07:50 AM.

  15. #146
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    4,041
    Thanks
    2,419
    Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    If we could flip Boobie and Walton for a contract that'll expire in 2014 and garner us a first round pick.....great deadline in my book

  16. #147
    Camp Invitee
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    No because of the Nash trade and its been covered in multiple threads. The Lakers are going to miss the playoffs and we'll be getting the Heat pick(probably 26-27)
    It was a good risk by Grant to get the swap option thrown in(on top of the 2012 Lakers 1st) for Ramon Sessions, but it's looking like it's not going to pay off.

    That Sacramento pick, as the protection moves down towards top 10 protected only and as they move to Seattle(where they will get an influx of direction, leadership, cash and actual desire from ownership to win), looks to be more and more a reality come 2015-2017. One of those year, when we already have a playoff team, we'll end up with a pick in the 10-16 range from Sacramento. That will be a sweet bonus.
    Would someone be able to refresh my memory, we have our pick plus the miami pick this year right? But what about the laker pick, will we ever see that?

  17. #148
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,701
    Thanks
    6,654
    Thanked 11,909 Times in 4,153 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by cavsfan08 View Post
    Would someone be able to refresh my memory, we have our pick plus the miami pick this year right? But what about the laker pick, will we ever see that?
    The only way we see the Laker pick is if the Lakers make the playoffs and their pick is better than the Heat pick. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, their obligation to us is extinguished.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  19. #149
    Rising Star KB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    6,684
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 792 Posts

    Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    The only way we see the Laker pick is if the Lakers make the playoffs and their pick is better than the Heat pick. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, their obligation to us is extinguished.
    Unless the Cavs trade with the Suns

    Its not beneath Sarver to trade Channing Frye (even with the health problems) with a 1st so he doesn't have to pay him

  20. #150
    Veteran shoes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,504
    Thanks
    4,456
    Thanked 4,498 Times in 1,787 Posts

    Default

    Gibson has become a total non-factor in games. Are we planning on shipping him out?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •