Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Default Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
    Lakers bench Pau for remainder of season. Readying a trade for boobie? Straight up Boobie for Pau? Im in

Edit: one of many sources:http://hoops-nation.com/community/to...ch-for-lakers/
    Why in the world would LAL make that trade?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 442 Posts

Why in the world would LA not play Pau or 'twan when theyre hurting for wins?

Trade them Boob and Walton, since theyll need a new PF and salary space. We did send KJones to the Charge, so we could really use another big man

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 934 Posts

Lakers bench Pau for remainder of season. Readying a trade for boobie? Straight up Boobie for Pau? Im in

Edit: one of many sources:http://hoops-nation.com/community/to...ch-for-lakers/
    I wouldn't want that trade. I know you said it in jest. But, I don't want his 19 million dollar a year contract anywhere near this team.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Why in the world would LA not play Pau or 'twan when theyre hurting for wins?

Trade them Boob and Walton, since theyll need a new PF and salary space. We did send KJones to the Charge, so we could really use another big man
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, bud.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 442 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, bud.
    Im not really lol its just something fun to think about.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I'd love to somehow do Boobie for Jordan Hill. Even though he's a more valuable player than Boobie, the guy's out for the season, and the Lakers are in win-now mode, so they need players that can help them now. Perhaps we could leverage such a trade?
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not sure about what the CBA has to say about it, but can we trade Gibson to the Lakers and just get the protection off the swap?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,574 Times in 4,829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Not sure about what the CBA has to say about it, but can we trade Gibson to the Lakers and just get the protection off the swap?
    No, the Lakers traded the pick (post-swap) to the Suns. I doubt the Suns would approve any further tweaking of the swap if it weren't in their interest. The agreement between the Cavs and Lakers has to do only with the potential swap. I can't see any way it could be amended without the Suns involvement, and they have no reason to give up what may be an unprotected lottery pick.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 949 Posts

No because of the Nash trade and its been covered in multiple threads. The Lakers are going to miss the playoffs and we'll be getting the Heat pick(probably 26-27)
    It was a good risk by Grant to get the swap option thrown in(on top of the 2012 Lakers 1st) for Ramon Sessions, but it's looking like it's not going to pay off.

That Sacramento pick, as the protection moves down towards top 10 protected only and as they move to Seattle(where they will get an influx of direction, leadership, cash and actual desire from ownership to win), looks to be more and more a reality come 2015-2017. One of those year, when we already have a playoff team, we'll end up with a pick in the 10-16 range from Sacramento. That will be a sweet bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 2,503 Posts

I expect Gibson to be used in a trade due to his expiring contract. Shooters are like bullpen help. Everyone always wants an extra one come the trade deadline.
    Last edited by Saor; 01-22-2013 at 07:50 AM.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

If we could flip Boobie and Walton for a contract that'll expire in 2014 and garner us a first round pick.....great deadline in my book
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    No because of the Nash trade and its been covered in multiple threads. The Lakers are going to miss the playoffs and we'll be getting the Heat pick(probably 26-27)
    It was a good risk by Grant to get the swap option thrown in(on top of the 2012 Lakers 1st) for Ramon Sessions, but it's looking like it's not going to pay off.

That Sacramento pick, as the protection moves down towards top 10 protected only and as they move to Seattle(where they will get an influx of direction, leadership, cash and actual desire from ownership to win), looks to be more and more a reality come 2015-2017. One of those year, when we already have a playoff team, we'll end up with a pick in the 10-16 range from Sacramento. That will be a sweet bonus.
    Would someone be able to refresh my memory, we have our pick plus the miami pick this year right? But what about the laker pick, will we ever see that?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,655 Times in 3,222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfan08 View Post
    Would someone be able to refresh my memory, we have our pick plus the miami pick this year right? But what about the laker pick, will we ever see that?
    The only way we see the Laker pick is if the Lakers make the playoffs and their pick is better than the Heat pick. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, their obligation to us is extinguished.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    The only way we see the Laker pick is if the Lakers make the playoffs and their pick is better than the Heat pick. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, their obligation to us is extinguished.
    Unless the Cavs trade with the Suns

Its not beneath Sarver to trade Channing Frye (even with the health problems) with a 1st so he doesn't have to pay him

Thanks
    Thanked 2,704 Times in 1,204 Posts

Gibson has become a total non-factor in games. Are we planning on shipping him out?