Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,428 Times in 2,744 Posts

Default Re: Around the NFL 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    I remember getting flack because I said RGIII was way more NFL ready than other QBs this year.

Guy could revolutionize the QB position
    You should be a scout

Thanks
    Thanked 9,428 Times in 2,744 Posts

Newton wasn't half as polished a passer that RGIII is coming into the league.

Once the league adjusted to newtons arm strength and forced him short he's been struggling, as he will continue to do.

Griffin is polished in every aspect.
    #1. You're certainly not the only fucking person that believed RG3 was going to do very well. So stop with the self gloss.
    #2. Is there anything more annoying than someone saying, "SEE? I TOLD YOU SO", especially when the I told you so is such a blatantly obvious statement.
    #3. Let's give him a few more years before you start rubbing one off to his Canton bust

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

Relax, if I'm rubbing one out to anything it's his highlight tape.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

Bill bellichick cracks me up. Up 30 late in the game? Better go no huddle and throw deep.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

Nearly everyone liked RG3, though someone just didn't "see it" regarding Luck. Iirc, the term revolutionize is what people disagreed with. I think he's going to age quickly on top of the NFL adjusting to him. He's fun to watch, but that team is 5-6. Seems like he's got about 5 big plays a game that are caused by busted coverage. I don't think that will be there forever. I'd say Roethlisberger will have a bigger long term impact on the NFL than RG3. They're still both in the same category as Vick though, in that they have special physical skills that can keep a defense honest. I think there's going to be far more big bodied guys like Cam Newton and Roethlisberger than guys like RG3. If there's any revolution, it's guys with special physical physical skills, not solely one guy in particular.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks

Never has their been a guy entering this league who combines Vick-esque athleticism and a polished passing game.

It is revolutionary, but well see how the Redskins progress the team around him.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,580 Posts

Never has their been a guy entering this league who combines Vick-esque athleticism and a polished passing game.

It is revolutionary, but well see how the Redskins progress the team around him.
    Glad Hologrums and Hekart didn't give up that extra pick though. Would have been too much for an elite player. Glad we ended up with twinkle toes and Grandpa Ginger.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    Glad Hologrums and Hekart didn't give up that extra pick though. Would have been too much for an elite player. Glad we ended up with twinkle toes and Grandpa Ginger.
    Yeah we got a running back with 1,000 all purpose yards and a QB who likes the best one we've had since 99....yeah Holmgren and Heckert are dumb

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Would have rather had RGIII of course, but think of how much RGIII's growth would have been stunted with Shurmur running the offense. Probably right now we'd still be 2-8 wondering why we had given up 3 first round picks for that bust....

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Yeah we got a running back with 1,000 all purpose yards and a QB who likes the best one we've had since 99....yeah Holmgren and Heckert are dumb
    I'm as big of a Heckert supporter as anyone but you have to admit that RG3 and Martin would look better than Trent/Weeden. I'm assuming that the rumor that the Rams didn't want the Atlanta pick and instead wanted an extra future first is true.
    Ass pennies

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,855 Times in 784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    I'm as big of a Heckert supporter as anyone but you have to admit that RG3 and Martin would look better than Trent/Weeden. I'm assuming that the rumor that the Rams didn't want the Atlanta pick and instead wanted an extra future first is true.
    You can neither prove nor deny that but I think that they would definitely not be putting up as good of stats if they were being coached in by Shurmur.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    And what would we have built the rest of the team with?
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmhtfld View Post
    You can neither prove nor deny that but I think that they would definitely not be putting up as good of stats if they were being coached in by Shurmur.
    I'm sure you're right, I was talking long term future of the team not statistically this season. Though I think RG3 would still look studly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    And what would we have built the rest of the team with?
    Every pick they didn't trade? Good players can be found after the first round you know. I also don't think this team is as bereft of talent as most. In fact, I'd argue that this team was in better position to make that kind of trade. Washington still has a pretty poor roster, they just have a great QB.

You have RG3 and Martin instead of Trent/Weeden and the future of the offense is pretty set. They may need to grab another receiver and TE, otherwise it looks solid. On defense they need a FS and a second corner. You can find a good FS in middle rounds and you don't need to go CB2 in the first. DE, LB are also positions that need to be addressed.

Point is you don't have to have first round picks to address the positions that are needed. Would I give up all of those firsts to know that the Browns have a star at QB for the next decade? Absolutely. Stud QBs can mask the flaws of a team. He's going to be one of those guys.
    Last edited by Yanni Football; 11-24-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Extra PICK?

Try again.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,569 Posts

If we got RG3 then the Browns would most likely have lost that 22nd pick that it would have taken to move up to #2 in the draft so we wouldn't have been able to take Martin. So it would have been RG3 and Hardesty....Playoffs!