Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,759 Times in 3,475 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    As a UM fan, late round utility project player.

But, some team will draft him early (4th/5th rd type early) just due to his speed. He runs a 4.23 and makes defenders miss like crazy. Hell of a College player, definition of a NFL project player.
    Basically I think he'd be lucky if he ends up having a Josh Cribbs career. I could see him doing it, he has the athleticism. I just don't think he amounts to much more than that.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Watched alot of the West Virgina game today just to see more of Geno Smith, He made some real nice throws today and has really nice touch on his deep ball...Id still take him over Barkley at this point, also WVU defense is terrible....Also took at Landry Jones a lil bit more today he had a really nice game but i see his delievery is a little bit slow with his release which concerns me at the next level.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    As a UM fan, late round utility project player.

But, some team will draft him early (4th/5th rd type early) just due to his speed. He runs a 4.23 and makes defenders miss like crazy. Hell of a College player, definition of a NFL project player.
    As much of the Buckeye in me wants to say this is a dumb question, and that Denard will never amount to anything in the NFL, I don't think that is true.

He does have a great combination of speed and elusiveness. He is listed at 6-0 197 whereas Cribbs is 6-1 215. If Denard can put on ~10lbs of muscle I can see him being a special kick returner in the league. You could also run him out of certain formations on offense as a running back or flex receiver.

That said, not someone I'd be interested in for the Browns

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    As much of the Buckeye in me wants to say this is a dumb question, and that Denard will never amount to anything in the NFL, I don't think that is true.

He does have a great combination of speed and elusiveness. He is listed at 6-0 197 whereas Cribbs is 6-1 215. If Denard can put on ~10lbs of muscle I can see him being a special kick returner in the league. You could also run him out of certain formations on offense as a running back or flex receiver.

That said, not someone I'd be interested in for the Browns
    I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance. He's just a major project player. He's closer to 5'10" 190, he needs to add some bulk - 10 lbs easy. He's one of those players that would make a helluva late round pick. Major payoff or amounts to nothing with a late round pick type of guy.

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 785 Posts

I think Denard would be alot like Dexter Mccluster. Someone who can catch a quick screen and turn it up the field quick. You could also run some reverses with him. He may turn out to be a pretty decent receiver like Matt Jones did but we will never know until we see him play.

Thanks

Id take a late round Flyer on Denard even though im an OSU Homer....Hes at least got enough potential to use in multiple formations and on Returns etc..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

I'm leaning towards trading the pick if possible right now. Mostly DTs and linebackers, plus the possibility of QBs that will be overdrafted. This looks like it's shaping up to be a weak draft. This is even prior to declarations that may not come for some of them. We're without a second rounder and most of the positions that could really help us look as if they will be available later. I just don't see any guy at the top that we just gotta take right now. It's tough to know what we even have with Haden and the middle of the DLine missing so much time. If we get stuck there, then we'll have to take somebody, but I'm for getting out of it (for now) if we have the option.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    I'm leaning towards trading the pick if possible right now. Mostly DTs and linebackers, plus the possibility of QBs that will be overdrafted. This looks like it's shaping up to be a weak draft. This is even prior to declarations that may not come for some of them. We're without a second rounder and most of the positions that could really help us look as if they will be available later. I just don't see any guy at the top that we just gotta take right now. It's tough to know what we even have with Haden and the middle of the DLine missing so much time. If we get stuck there, then we'll have to take somebody, but I'm for getting out of it (for now) if we have the option.
    Even the backups for our DTs have been looking great, I don't think we need to address that at all with this draft.

Thanks

I haven't been able to see as much college football as usual. Have any QBs emerged? Barkley sucks, Geno was hot and slowed down, Tyler Bray has potential but needs a lot of work. What about guys like Aaron Murray? I haven't had a chance to see a single UGA game yet this season. I should be less busy starting next week, I've been slammed for the last month. I did get to see Tyler Wilson play yesterday. I'd give him a solid "meh."
    Ass pennies

Thanks

The more i think about it, the more i want to trade down from 4 to around 6-8 plus a second rounder and whatever else, take Dee Milliner there, then grab Gerald Hodges in the second round to fill our hole at outside linebacker. He just oozes NFL potential every game I've watched PSU. Unreal athlete.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to polska2211 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well anyone who's interested can watch Te'o face off against Barkley tonight.
    Ass pennies

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    Except Barkleys out. It's a true freshman starting tonight for USC

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bubba52782 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,497 Times in 5,378 Posts

Oh yeah?
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't been able to see as much college football as usual. Have any QBs emerged? Barkley sucks, Geno was hot and slowed down, Tyler Bray has potential but needs a lot of work. What about guys like Aaron Murray? I haven't had a chance to see a single UGA game yet this season. I should be less busy starting next week, I've been slammed for the last month. I did get to see Tyler Wilson play yesterday. I'd give him a solid "meh."
    No QB's really stick out to me this year. And to answer your question about Murray, he has looked very shaky all year. I really liked him last year and thought he'd be a good NFL starter, but this year I can't see him being anything more than a 4th round pick, and even that might be generous. Some games have been decent looking at the stats, but he has looked like a deer in headlights most games I've seen him play in this season.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to selby56 For This Useful Post: