Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,413 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

We'd be fools to pass on Te'o. I'd draft him number 1(I know we won't be number one). He will inspire a team, we need an emotional leader, a face of the franchise kind of player. Te'o is just too good to pass up.

I don't want to draft a QB. I'm not sold on Weeden, but I am tired of the musical chairs we play with the position. He at least deserves one more year before we go that direction. Like mention, no one stands out. Not as high on Geno as I was.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

If you take Teo, where do you put DQ?
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    No QB's really stick out to me this year. And to answer your question about Murray, he has looked very shaky all year. I really liked him last year and thought he'd be a good NFL starter, but this year I can't see him being anything more than a 4th round pick, and even that might be generous. Some games have been decent looking at the stats, but he has looked like a deer in headlights most games I've seen him play in this season.
    A friend of mine is a big Georgia fan, and he's been saying this guy is Rex Grossman for a while. Pretty good comparison actually.

Rising Star
    Thanks

I'll be interested to see what we pick up. The biggest holes be got are pass rushing DE or OLB, CB, and FS. I could see us taking the best CB available with our first pick unless a pass rusher is available. Skrine is just fine as a nickel but sucks when playing #1 OR 2, AND we gotta get Brown out of the 2nd spot and maybe he'd make a decent FS next year?

Thats all defense but then how about our offense that is in the bottom of the league in scoring? WR might be set? I think Little and Gordon will only get better, and Gordon can be our no 1, I dont think there will be anyone available thats clearly better. With Mo Mass, Benjamin, Cribbs, and Cooper, theres no need to add more late rounders/projects Running back is set, theres no QBs that look any better than Weeden. At TE we got a decent crew. Sure we could use a guard to replace Pinkston who I think is done for his career, but I dont see that being a major difference maker for the offense, and the rest of the O line is pretty good.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,760 Times in 3,476 Posts

At this point I think if he's on the board the Browns should just grab Te'o. LB is a need and he's really the only guy in this draft who I think will end up as a stud. At this point it's not worth it to just reach for position so go BPA, and I think that's Te'o.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    At this point I think if he's on the board the Browns should just grab Te'o. LB is a need and he's really the only guy in this draft who I think will end up as a stud. At this point it's not worth it to just reach for position so go BPA, and I think that's Te'o.
    Would rather have Jarvis Jones if available where we draft. Like all things ND, Te'o is seems slightly overrated, esp. when compared to Jones. That said, I do like Te'o and would not be unhappy with him - unless we pass on Jones and possibly Milliner.

Mike Brown's Dietitian killerkev369's Avatar
    Thanks

This is shaping up to be a very weak draft. That being said, I can say that we'd be able to afford to trade down. It's been a dream of mine (or rather an unrealistic idea) to trade down with San Francisco for their 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, and Colin Kaepernick (ironically, he's been doing pretty well in the starting role since I mustered up this idea). We'd trade them our first round pick and a second round pick next year. It's a long shot, but trades like this are trades they can afford to do in a weak draft such as this one. I know they'll be looking for a decent Weeden backup in the next year or two, and I believe Kaepernick could be a very good backup, and even a possible starter.

But what do I know, I'm just a fan with high hopes and crazy dreams.

**LUKE JACKSON SUPPORTER**

Quote Originally Posted by gratefuldead View Post
    i for one am excited to have a big goofy lookin white guy i can yell "ZZZZeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" at when he shoots the ball

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MDLT View Post
    Would rather have Jarvis Jones if available where we draft. Like all things ND, Te'o is seems slightly overrated, esp. when compared to Jones. That said, I do like Te'o and would not be unhappy with him - unless we pass on Jones and possibly Milliner.
    I like Jarvis a lot too but his spinal stenosis scares the crap out of me. It has ended several football careers. Peyton's older brother Cooper had to give up football because of it. Marcus McNeil was one of the best offensive lineman in his class, but he was the 7th guy at his position to come off the board. He also had to retire at 28 because of it. USC refused to clear Jones to play which is why he had to go to Georgia in the first place.

If doctors check him out and think he'll be okay to go on then I guess that's fine. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am taking a guy in the top 5-10 who might be out of the league in a couple of years because of a medical issue.
    Ass pennies

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,512 Times in 5,380 Posts

Draft Manti, put him on the outside until DQ is done.

He has more than enough talent to transition easily.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MDLT View Post
    BS!

Te'o is the best player in the country.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    BS!

Te'o is the best player in the country.
    I like Te'o a ton too, but it's hard to take you seriously knowing you're a big ND fan.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killerkev369 View Post
    This is shaping up to be a very weak draft. That being said, I can say that we'd be able to afford to trade down. It's been a dream of mine (or rather an unrealistic idea) to trade down with San Francisco for their 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, and Colin Kaepernick (ironically, he's been doing pretty well in the starting role since I mustered up this idea). We'd trade them our first round pick and a second round pick next year. It's a long shot, but trades like this are trades they can afford to do in a weak draft such as this one. I know they'll be looking for a decent Weeden backup in the next year or two, and I believe Kaepernick could be a very good backup, and even a possible starter.

But what do I know, I'm just a fan with high hopes and crazy dreams.
    Uhhh...not sure if serious. Kaepernick is their guy. I mean, they like Colin so much that SF benched a healthy Alex Smith, who was 5th in the league in passer rating and leading the league in completion percentage. That's how much they believe in Kaepernick. Smith is definitely going to get moved though. He has a pretty reasonable contract (only the 19th highest paid QB in the league). Depending on who the new coach and OC are next year, I wouldn't mind taking a look at what it would take to get Smith. A veteran QB with playoff experience could do wonders for the Browns. As long as it didn't involve trading our 1st round pick this year (though I'd probably swap 1sts with SF) I'd be all for it. The only problem with that is I can't really see who SF might want to jump that high and take.

In terms of the weak draft, I agree. The Browns biggest needs are pass rushing DE, CB, and FS, with possibly OLB thrown in. There really doesn't seem to be any guys at those positions worthy of a top 7 pick. However, I do believe that Teo could transition to OLB in the 4-3 and do really well. I'm just a little leery of taking a guy who's played MLB his whole career and putting him on the outside. This draft is just so fucked at the top. We need to find someone that needs an OT or DT and trade out of the top 10.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    I like Jarvis a lot too but his spinal stenosis scares the crap out of me. It has ended several football careers. Peyton's older brother Cooper had to give up football because of it. Marcus McNeil was one of the best offensive lineman in his class, but he was the 7th guy at his position to come off the board. He also had to retire at 28 because of it. USC refused to clear Jones to play which is why he had to go to Georgia in the first place.

If doctors check him out and think he'll be okay to go on then I guess that's fine. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am taking a guy in the top 5-10 who might be out of the league in a couple of years because of a medical issue.
    Fair enough, I can agree with that. I think Jones is the better player and a real game changer, but if that's a serious issue then it's certainly understandable to pass.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

Te'o is a little overrated. Don't see him being worth a top 5 pick especially in the 4-3. Would like a trade-down if possible.

Rising Star
    Thanks

I'm hoping maybe we get a team to bite on the annual take QBs too early run and trade with us to grab whichever QB gets turned into this year's Blaine Gabbert/Ryan Tannehill/Jake Locker and trade down for something.