Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 2162
  1. #766
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,677
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Te'o is a little overrated. Don't see him being worth a top 5 pick especially in the 4-3. Would like a trade-down if possible.
    Feel free to add any substance...to any of your posts...ever.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  2. #767
    Rising Star Sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    2,725
    Thanks
    635
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Unless Teo can get around the edge like Von Miller, I see him as redundant. JMJ isn't doing a bad job taking on blockers, and I assume Gocong will be back next year. There's nothing wrong with that position. If any linebacker position needs an upgrade, it's probably the weak side and you couldn't move Teo or DQ there. Teo will be a slight upgrade over DQ in the middle if you're lucky. DQ is a good player, everyone likes DQ. If you draft a player in the top 10, and then immediately change his position, you're asking to fail. He's a better than average player at his position, a position that is not really a top priority, in a weak draft. We've had a JAG at FS for years. We have an aging #2 corner. The RDE is stop-gap. Need more depth at pass rusher. That's all with ignoring the offense.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

  3. #768
    Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,132
    Thanks
    2,340
    Thanked 2,855 Times in 784 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    It may seem a bit homerish but I really want John Simon. The guy is a natural leader and has an extremely high motor. I'm not quite sure where the experts rank him but I think he will end up being a first rounder after he has a strong showing at the combine. Having him rushing opposite of Sheard with Rubin, Winn, Hughes and Phil Taylor rushing up the middle would be a nightmare for any team we face.


  4. #769
    All Star BimboColesHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,636
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    If the Browns have a top 5 pick, it makes no sense to draft Te'o unless they trade down. The need for an old-school MLB is not as high as it used to be in the NFL. Te'o, who will probably be the best MLB in the NFL for a good part of his career, is going to get passed over by the Von Miller speed rushers and the combine warriors who put up freak numbers, it's nothing against Te'o, it's just the way the NFL is operating these days as elite pass rushing (Bruce Irvin coming out of nowhere last draft) is a highly wanted commodity. I'll stick with what I said earlier in this thread, mid-late teens or low 20s for Te'o, and he'll be an absolute steal there.

  5. #770
    The One Who Knocks Biw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ELYRIA
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 705 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    If the Browns have a top 5 pick, it makes no sense to draft Te'o unless they trade down. The need for an old-school MLB is not as high as it used to be in the NFL. Te'o, who will probably be the best MLB in the NFL for a good part of his career, is going to get passed over by the Von Miller speed rushers and the combine warriors who put up freak numbers, it's nothing against Te'o, it's just the way the NFL is operating these days as elite pass rushing (Bruce Irvin coming out of nowhere last draft) is a highly wanted commodity. I'll stick with what I said earlier in this thread, mid-late teens or low 20s for Te'o, and he'll be an absolute steal there.
    $10 says he doesn't make it past ten.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

  6. #771
    Catch the wave Yanni Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,918
    Thanks
    4,122
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    Unless Teo can get around the edge like Von Miller, I see him as redundant. JMJ isn't doing a bad job taking on blockers, and I assume Gocong will be back next year. There's nothing wrong with that position. If any linebacker position needs an upgrade, it's probably the weak side and you couldn't move Teo or DQ there. Teo will be a slight upgrade over DQ in the middle if you're lucky. DQ is a good player, everyone likes DQ. If you draft a player in the top 10, and then immediately change his position, you're asking to fail. He's a better than average player at his position, a position that is not really a top priority, in a weak draft. We've had a JAG at FS for years. We have an aging #2 corner. The RDE is stop-gap. Need more depth at pass rusher. That's all with ignoring the offense.
    Why couldn't DQ move to the weakside? I could see him being even better there than he is in the middle.
    Ass pennies

  7. #772
    All Star BimboColesHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,636
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biw View Post
    $10 says he doesn't make it past ten.
    If his workouts go well and he shows good speed and agility and some Juniors return, I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the top 10. Dudes a hell of a player, whatever team gets him will love him for a long time.

  8. #773
    The One Who Knocks Biw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ELYRIA
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 705 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    If his workouts go well and he shows good speed and agility and some Juniors return, I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the top 10. Dudes a hell of a player, whatever team gets him will love him for a long time.
    $20 says he doesn't make it out of the top five.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

  9. #774
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    2,174
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biw View Post
    $20 says he doesn't make it out of the top five.
    I will take that.

  10. #775
    The One Who Knocks Biw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ELYRIA
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 705 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    I will take that.
    You got it buddy boy.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

  11. #776
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    2,174
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Buddy boy...? Look I like the dude a lot but top 5 for MLB doesn't happen.

  12. #777
    Catch the wave Yanni Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gimpsuit
    Posts
    10,918
    Thanks
    4,122
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    If his workouts go well and he shows good speed and agility and some Juniors return, I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the top 10. Dudes a hell of a player, whatever team gets him will love him for a long time.
    I really don't think you could call it sneaking in the top 10. He's one of this draft's top prospects. It's possible he falls, but I think that's far less likely in this draft than others. It's incredibly weak, say what you will about his position being less valuable than in years past. While it's true he may not have the tangible impact of a Vonn Miller, he will probably end up being that Ray Lewis type field general. He pumps up his team and he's very smart. He'd be the guy directing traffic on defense which is invaluable.
    Ass pennies

  13. #778
    The One Who Knocks Biw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ELYRIA
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,579
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 705 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Buddy boy...? Look I like the dude a lot but top 5 for MLB doesn't happen.
    Haha, yeah I listen to too much Rovers Morning Glory(regarding the buddy boy).

    With the new CBA, I think that might change things a bit. I'm all in though.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

  14. #779
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    2,174
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Ha gotcha. That's a good point, we will se. Hope he goes sixth.

  15. #780
    Situational Stopper Nw220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 87 Times in 56 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Agreed that Teo wont get drafted in the Top 5 IMO, he was predicted to come out last year and was rated lower than Luke Kuechly..Granted all of that has changed now that he has ND playing for a National Championship but how much has it changed him as a prospect thats the question.....I see him going about the same place Kuechly went 5-10 top of the first but not top 5...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •