Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Te'o is a little overrated. Don't see him being worth a top 5 pick especially in the 4-3. Would like a trade-down if possible.
    Feel free to add any substance...to any of your posts...ever.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

Unless Teo can get around the edge like Von Miller, I see him as redundant. JMJ isn't doing a bad job taking on blockers, and I assume Gocong will be back next year. There's nothing wrong with that position. If any linebacker position needs an upgrade, it's probably the weak side and you couldn't move Teo or DQ there. Teo will be a slight upgrade over DQ in the middle if you're lucky. DQ is a good player, everyone likes DQ. If you draft a player in the top 10, and then immediately change his position, you're asking to fail. He's a better than average player at his position, a position that is not really a top priority, in a weak draft. We've had a JAG at FS for years. We have an aging #2 corner. The RDE is stop-gap. Need more depth at pass rusher. That's all with ignoring the offense.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,855 Times in 784 Posts

It may seem a bit homerish but I really want John Simon. The guy is a natural leader and has an extremely high motor. I'm not quite sure where the experts rank him but I think he will end up being a first rounder after he has a strong showing at the combine. Having him rushing opposite of Sheard with Rubin, Winn, Hughes and Phil Taylor rushing up the middle would be a nightmare for any team we face.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

If the Browns have a top 5 pick, it makes no sense to draft Te'o unless they trade down. The need for an old-school MLB is not as high as it used to be in the NFL. Te'o, who will probably be the best MLB in the NFL for a good part of his career, is going to get passed over by the Von Miller speed rushers and the combine warriors who put up freak numbers, it's nothing against Te'o, it's just the way the NFL is operating these days as elite pass rushing (Bruce Irvin coming out of nowhere last draft) is a highly wanted commodity. I'll stick with what I said earlier in this thread, mid-late teens or low 20s for Te'o, and he'll be an absolute steal there.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    If the Browns have a top 5 pick, it makes no sense to draft Te'o unless they trade down. The need for an old-school MLB is not as high as it used to be in the NFL. Te'o, who will probably be the best MLB in the NFL for a good part of his career, is going to get passed over by the Von Miller speed rushers and the combine warriors who put up freak numbers, it's nothing against Te'o, it's just the way the NFL is operating these days as elite pass rushing (Bruce Irvin coming out of nowhere last draft) is a highly wanted commodity. I'll stick with what I said earlier in this thread, mid-late teens or low 20s for Te'o, and he'll be an absolute steal there.
    $10 says he doesn't make it past ten.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    Unless Teo can get around the edge like Von Miller, I see him as redundant. JMJ isn't doing a bad job taking on blockers, and I assume Gocong will be back next year. There's nothing wrong with that position. If any linebacker position needs an upgrade, it's probably the weak side and you couldn't move Teo or DQ there. Teo will be a slight upgrade over DQ in the middle if you're lucky. DQ is a good player, everyone likes DQ. If you draft a player in the top 10, and then immediately change his position, you're asking to fail. He's a better than average player at his position, a position that is not really a top priority, in a weak draft. We've had a JAG at FS for years. We have an aging #2 corner. The RDE is stop-gap. Need more depth at pass rusher. That's all with ignoring the offense.
    Why couldn't DQ move to the weakside? I could see him being even better there than he is in the middle.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biw View Post
    $10 says he doesn't make it past ten.
    If his workouts go well and he shows good speed and agility and some Juniors return, I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the top 10. Dudes a hell of a player, whatever team gets him will love him for a long time.

Thanks

If his workouts go well and he shows good speed and agility and some Juniors return, I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the top 10. Dudes a hell of a player, whatever team gets him will love him for a long time.
    $20 says he doesn't make it out of the top five.
    -Naughty by Nature

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biw View Post
    $20 says he doesn't make it out of the top five.
    I will take that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    I will take that.
    You got it buddy boy.
    -Naughty by Nature

Thanks

Buddy boy...? Look I like the dude a lot but top 5 for MLB doesn't happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

I really don't think you could call it sneaking in the top 10. He's one of this draft's top prospects. It's possible he falls, but I think that's far less likely in this draft than others. It's incredibly weak, say what you will about his position being less valuable than in years past. While it's true he may not have the tangible impact of a Vonn Miller, he will probably end up being that Ray Lewis type field general. He pumps up his team and he's very smart. He'd be the guy directing traffic on defense which is invaluable.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Buddy boy...? Look I like the dude a lot but top 5 for MLB doesn't happen.
    Haha, yeah I listen to too much Rovers Morning Glory(regarding the buddy boy).

With the new CBA, I think that might change things a bit. I'm all in though.
    -Naughty by Nature

Thanks

Ha gotcha. That's a good point, we will se. Hope he goes sixth.

Thanks

Agreed that Teo wont get drafted in the Top 5 IMO, he was predicted to come out last year and was rated lower than Luke Kuechly..Granted all of that has changed now that he has ND playing for a National Championship but how much has it changed him as a prospect thats the question.....I see him going about the same place Kuechly went 5-10 top of the first but not top 5...