Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 3,396 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    How does this team still have a billion needs.

Boggles my fucking mind. LB, CB (DESPERATELY), possibly QB, WR, OL off the top of my head. Although OL has been performing better lately so we should probably address the others first. Only positions I am 100% comfortable with right now is RB and DL.
    I don't think they have a million needs, it's just that a lot of the guys are young and haven't even really begun to develop yet.

I don't think the Browns need OL or receiver. Maybe a late round guard, but that's it. A lot of the positions they still need to fill are the kind that can easily be filled in late rounds. I'd say the needs are number 2 corner, DE, FS (maybe move Brown here), TE, FB. I don't really think LB is that big of a need unless there's a stud that they just feel they can't pass on.

Really the only things they need to look for in early rounds are pass rushers and maybe a stud corner or FS (I'm talking Eric Berry caliber).

This seems to be a very deep draft on the defensive side of the ball and it seems like a lot of the teams who will pick before the Browns may be inclined to go offense. I think the Browns can come out with a stud pass rusher and another corner at least. That alone will improve things by leaps and bounds. Take away those 2 needs and really all they have to worry about is developing what they've got. They could move Sheldon to FS leaving the only major holes as TE and FB. Not a big deal at all.
    Last edited by Gary Barnidge; 11-29-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    Ass pennies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,567 Times in 4,855 Posts

Think I'd take Werner, Mingo, Te'o, Moore or Jones over Jordan.

Jordan just seems like all athleticism at this point, doesn't have many moves or polish whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Think I'd take Werner, Mingo, Te'o, Moore or Jones over Jordan.

Jordan just seems like all athleticism at this point, doesn't have many moves or polish whatsoever.
    Agreed ive heard comparsions to JPP and that was the talk about him as well coming outta South Florida was that he wasnt polished enough and just very althetic etc..I was also talking about trading back and he would be someone i would target then early teens perhaps..

If im staying at the top im taking Jarvis Jones if his back checks out, or Delamontre Moore from A&M,As far as Pass Rushers are concerned

If its Cornerback im assuming Dee Milliner is the only top 10 projected CB at this point,I dono who else could even changelle him Johnathan Banks,Xavier Rhodes i dont really think so..I really like Milliner though and wouldnt be upset with him if the FO felt like he could be a legitimate Shutdown Corner next to Haden..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 747 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaNewCavs View Post
    Willis didn't even run a 4.4. I doubt Teo would

As far as when he will be drafted, look at the needs for teams with similar records than ours.
    KC, Philly, Jacksonville need to draft offense. Oakland needs help on both sides of the ball. Most likely teams drafting Teo would be Cleveland and Carolina.
    With Oakland planning on cutting their MLB Rolando McClain this week, Teo has to be a significant option for them.

People may not agree but I wanna see Browns get the best pass rusher available. That is much needed than Teo, DQ just got a player of the week award, we can manage to stay with him and finish this D-line.

We should go DE and CB as our first 2 picks. Brown can move to FS and life would be really good on the defensive side of the ball. It would almost be complete, JMJ is the OLB we needed and is growing. Skrine is a solid nickel.

The offense should be focused more on acquiring through free agency. This team needs a veteran WR not named Cribbs. A guy that can be counted on in the possession game. Any good possession WR's come '13?
    Last edited by ReAL DeAL; 11-29-2012 at 04:07 AM.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post
    With Oakland planning on cutting their MLB Rolando McClain this week, Teo has to be a significant option for them.

People may not agree but I wanna see Browns get the best pass rusher available. That is much needed than Teo, DQ just got a player of the week award, we can manage to stay with him and finish this D-line.

We should go DE and CB as our first 2 picks. Brown can move to FS and life would be really good on the defensive side of the ball. It would almost be complete, JMJ is the OLB we needed and is growing. Skrine is a solid nickel.

The offense should be focused more on acquiring through free agency. This team needs a veteran WR not named Cribbs. A guy that can be counted on in the possession game. Any good possession WR's come '13?
    Wes welker will be a free agent
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

Thanks
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,822 Posts

Wait, who's the ND honk who claimed that Te'o will have any chance to run a 4.4?

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Wes welker will be a free agent
    Tom Brady....Brandon Weeden

Your move, Wes...
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Definitely a player I would want the Browns to consider, despite his numerous on-field and off the field issues. The guy is a playmaker and could be used all over the field - nickel back, safety, kick returner. He is on the small side at 5'9 175lbs, but if the Browns think he could be a cornerback, they should place a high priority on him. If not, I guess we could forget about him. Too many other needs to take a flier on a 5'9 safety or corner who won't play every snap.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

Tom Brady....Brandon Weeden

Your move, Wes...

If New England wont pay one of the best receivers in football. Jimmy Haslam will
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

Thanks

I've got a G donation to RCF that says Welker isn't a Brown.

100 says he never visits.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,822 Posts

I've got a G donation to RCF that says Welker isn't a Brown.

100 says he never visits.
    Got 5 on you not living up to the donation if, in fact, Welker does become a Brown.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 673 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    If New England wont pay one of the best receivers in football. Jimmy Haslam will
    I'd love to overpay the old, undersized and slow receiver. Wes is a product of his system, and while he should carry a lot of value in New England, his production would drop substantially if he came to Cleveland. Unless, that is, he came with Belicheck and Brady.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    I'd love to overpay the old, undersized and slow receiver. Wes is a product of his system, and while he should carry a lot of value in New England, his production would drop substantially if he came to Cleveland. Unless, that is, he came with Belicheck and Brady.
    Jimmy Haslam would pay all of them!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 3,396 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post
    Got 5 on you not living up to the donation if, in fact, Welker does become a Brown.
    I got 10 thats says we'll never know if you're right because, like it or not, b00bie is right and Welker won't become a Brown.
    Ass pennies

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My 1000 peso donation still stands.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post: