Page 61 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 2162
  1. #901
    Rising Star Bob_The_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,720
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,307 Times in 543 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    If the Jets win tomorrow, we're 8th pick in the draft
    Plus, we're going to to get slaughtered by the Broncos, so it's likely only going to get worse. After watching the way Kirk Cousins abused Sheldon Brown, I'm almost a little scared to see what Manning will do to him.

  2. #902
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,306
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    My God some of you are ok with drafting a guard in the top 10? How many first rounders do you guys want on this line? It's just too high to be spending a top 10 pick on. Our line was fine this year.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  3. #903
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,677
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    My God some of you are ok with drafting a guard in the top 10? How many first rounders do you guys want on this line? It's just too high to be spending a top 10 pick on. Our line was fine this year.
    Heckert acquired three of them.

    You sure they were OK?
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  4. #904
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,306
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Heckert acquired three of them.

    You sure they were OK?
    He's good at drafting above average players. Like Hughes for example oh wait you didn't like that pick.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  5. #905
    Oh My God! cdt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    22,211
    Thanks
    1,365
    Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,746 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    I just don't see Te'O being an immediate game changer at MLB I'm sorry, if we were talking a Patrick Willis or even a Jon Beason then I'm down but I just don't see the great NFL LB translation for him.

    I like the CB from Bama and we need to do Sheard a favor and get him some help on the RDE so he can actually showcase what a monster he can be. It's gotta be defense IMO, there aren't any QB's worth drafting early, obviously no RB, I'd like to get a top flight veteran WR to pair with Gordon and Little. I'd like Mike Wallace, or Bowe but not going to go insane and break the bank and neither is Banner.

    Honestly depending on the coaching staff and everything I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Smith here. I think he's grown to the point of where he can be an above average QB that can be accurate and manage the game. Nice stopgap while we find our franchise QB and he allows us to compete. At least make Weeden earn the job in a competition, unless the game slows down for him I don't think he's ever going to be what we needed out of him.
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!

  6. #906
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,677
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    He's good at drafting above average players. Like Hughes for example oh wait you didn't like that pick.
    Prove it.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  7. #907
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,306
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Thats why Hologram picked him!

    He thought it was someone else.

    Derpity derp derp.
    .
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  8. #908
    All Star howler1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,226
    Thanks
    3,067
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdt View Post
    I just don't see Te'O being an immediate game changer at MLB I'm sorry, if we were talking a Patrick Willis or even a Jon Beason then I'm down but I just don't see the great NFL LB translation for him.

    I like the CB from Bama and we need to do Sheard a favor and get him some help on the RDE so he can actually showcase what a monster he can be. It's gotta be defense IMO, there aren't any QB's worth drafting early, obviously no RB, I'd like to get a top flight veteran WR to pair with Gordon and Little. I'd like Mike Wallace, or Bowe but not going to go insane and break the bank and neither is Banner.

    Honestly depending on the coaching staff and everything I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Smith here. I think he's grown to the point of where he can be an above average QB that can be accurate and manage the game. Nice stopgap while we find our franchise QB and he allows us to compete. At least make Weeden earn the job in a competition, unless the game slows down for him I don't think he's ever going to be what we needed out of him.
    I don't think Te'O is even as good as Kuechly, which isn't a bad thing by any means since Kuechly is already an incredible, pro-bowl caliber MLB. Just don't think Te'O is good value when we're already solid at LB and have such big holes at CB and DE, both positions which impact the way the NFL is played now than an MLB.

  9. #909
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,677
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    .
    Yep, clearly a serious statement there.

    Wrong again, excellent try though.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  10. #910
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sagamore Hills
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 556 Times in 166 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdt View Post
    I just don't see Te'O being an immediate game changer at MLB I'm sorry, if we were talking a Patrick Willis or even a Jon Beason then I'm down but I just don't see the great NFL LB translation for him.
    Willis was an 11th pick in the draft. Ray Lewis was the 26th pick in the draft.

    Navarro Bowman was 91st. I will trust Heckert (if he's still the GM) to pick the impact player. I will reserve judgement on anyone else.

  11. #911
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,306
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Yep, clearly a serious statement there.

    Wrong again, excellent try though.
    Admit it, you got caught mad about the pick.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  12. #912
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,677
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Admit it, you got caught mad about the pick.
    Three posts in that thread, all of them sarcastic responses to people who were mad about the pick.

    You called me out, you were wrong.

    I'll patiently await my apology.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  13. #913
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    2,382
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,048 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    7th pick in draft

  14. #914
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,954
    Thanks
    1,213
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DaNewCavs View Post
    Willis was an 11th pick in the draft. Ray Lewis was the 26th pick in the draft.

    Navarro Bowman was 91st. I will trust Heckert (if he's still the GM) to pick the impact player. I will reserve judgement on anyone else.
    He won't be.

  15. #915
    Buckeye DanRosenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 100 Times in 36 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

    Te'o would be a wasted pick: you don't want to draft a player and immediately move his position, nor move Jackson when he's playing at a pro-bowl level at ILB

    Our draft depends on our next coach. If we switch to a 3-4, drafting an OLB is a must. If we stay, I'd like to see a pass-rushing D end. In either, I'd like to see us add a corner thru free agency.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •