Page 80 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2162
    Cleveland Browns HOF LT Qasim Mitchell's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Delgua View Post

6) OLB Mingo or OLB J.Jones (tough spot, would prefer a tradedown)
    68) FS Amerson or OLB B.Jenkins or OLB C.Thomas or OLB Carradine
    101) CB Wreh-Wilson or FS Cyprien or DT/DE Logan or QB EJ Manuel132) OT Armstead or CB Robey or FS Motta
    ~170) ILB Mauti or DB Mathieu or OT Mills or CB Adams or G Uzzi
    ~204) and ~206) 2 of WR Boyce, P Allen, OLB E.Martin, DE J.Kruger, DE Lewis-Moore, DE S.Vallone, OT Wetzel, OLB Q.Smith, CB J.Johnson, CB Malone, TE Rivera, WR Moe, RB Winn, FS Boyett, CB M.White, RB Johnson, OT O.Johnson
    I'd rank Mingo ahead of Jones right now because that spine injury scares the crap out of me. But, I'd rank Ansah ahead of Mingo.

I also wouldn't be shocked if we addressed the OLB in free agency, and went after the UT Safety Kenny Vaccaro. This guy is going to have a meteoric rise up the draft boards like Mark Barron last year.

When it's all said in done, like you, I prefer a trade down. You mentioned getting Ansah in a trade down, but I don't see that happening. Just seems like everyone is on to him and he'll end up in the top 10.

Amerson was supposed to be a top CB, but he had a supbar year. Just doesn't seem like he's the kind of DB that Horton is looking for. That's why I bolded Matthieu. If he can get his priorities straight, no question Horton would love to turn him loose.

And then there's EJ Manuel. Played better this last year than in previous years, but I'm not sure if he fits Chud's system (did he really throw the ball downfield a lot last year? This I don't know). But, a late round flyier on a QB prospect with some tools is always fun.

FINALLY, you mentioned a punter. Don't know who he is, but I wasn't crazy about Hodges last year, so why not!

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

We need to try and trade up for Leon Sandcastle....he and Haden would be the greatest CB tandem ever

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

4.2 40
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

I think Manuel would be a really interesting prospect in the 3rd or 4th.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    I think Manuel would be a really interesting prospect in the 3rd or 4th.
    I think i actually agree after watching the Senior Bowl he impressed me a quite a bit, and i think you should always take a QB in the mid rounds cause you never know you may get the next Brady or Wilson and at worst most 4th or 5 rounders down pan out anyway...

Thanks

As we stand right now id love to trade down just a Few spots and ethier get Dee Milliner or Kenny Vacarro, or if we dont go that way grab the best pass rusing prospect still avaiable be it Dion Jordan,Mingo etc...

Also id love to mention that i think Jordan Reed TE Florida is going to be a steal in this draft, right now hes currently being mocked in the 3rd round and would love to grab him there...But when its all said and done i think he'll end up going into the second round but hopefully not..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thought this was pretty interesting to look at for future drafts:

QB revolution: Trent Dilfer pegs Jameis Winston future No. 1 pick
    February 1, 2013 - 10:33 AM
    By Tim Graham

NEW ORLEANS -- Trent Dilfer already has his No. 1 overall draft choice slotted for 2015 or so.

"I know what's coming," Dilfer said Thursday in the Super Bowl XLVII media center. "I know the kid at Florida State, Jameis Winston, will be an absolute rock star.

"He'll be the first pick of the draft if the first pick goes to a team that wants to run the pistol, zone-read, have a passer. He's that kind of kid."

Dilfer, the Super Bowl-winning quarterback 12 years ago and ESPN analyst, also instructs high school and college players. He has seen a glimpse into the future, and he's convinced the pistol formation and read-option are here to stay and will change the game.

Sunday's quarterback matchup -- Baltimore Ravens pocket passer Joe Flacco versus San Francisco 49ers pistol-pilot Colin Kaepernick -- is symbolic of the crossroads.

In addition to Texas A&M hotshot Johnny Manziel (aka Johnny Football), Dilfer sees a smaller number of quarterbacks already on the pistol radar and a larger crop coming from the prep ranks behind them within the next five to 10 years.

"You got [Marcus] Mariota coming up, who's going to be a stud," Dilfer said. "Braxton Miller is developing as a passer. Teddy Bridgewater can do this."

NFL coaches have come around to the idea of adapting their offenses to fit their quarterbacks rather than forcing youngsters into an established pro system. The results for quarterbacks such as Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Russell Wilson and Kaepernick have been obvious.

"The standard guy, the Joe Flacco, the Peyton Manning, the Tom Brady -- the isolated-to-the-pocket guy -- you're going to see less of them," Dilfer said, "and you can tell by this year's draft grades coming out.

"Mike Glennon and Landry Jones are extremely talented passers. If they were in the [2008 draft] group, I can make an argument both of them would go before Flacco and [Matt] Ryan from a stature, arm-talent standpoint.

"But now they're looked at as, 'Eh, late first-round, second-round ...' because they don't do all this other stuff that we all love. Drafting the Flaccos of the world, you'll see them slide a little more, and you'll see that this year."

For more on the evolution of the modern NFL quarterback, check out my story Sunday in The Buffalo News.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    I'm sure there's an expert out there that thought the wildcat would cause pure passers to fall off and that really didn't happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,784 Times in 3,481 Posts

Interesting that when they started abandoning the pistol is when they went on that run.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalou View Post
    Interesting that when they started abandoning the pistol is when they went on that run.
    Not sure about that. I remember Dilfer tweeting out how the 9ers averaged 8 yards a play out of the Pistol formation in the Super Bowl.

Thanks

I really do believe that the future wave of QBs will be the Kapernick and Wilson RG3s etc...But there will always be Tom Brady and Peyton Mannings too.....

I just think it may switch were most are pocket QBs now and not dual threat.....Were in the future could very easily flip flop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nw220 View Post
    I really do believe that the future wave of QBs will be the Kapernick and Wilson RG3s etc...But there will always be Tom Brady and Peyton Mannings too.....

I just think it may switch were most are pocket QBs now and not dual threat.....Were in the future could very easily flip flop
    In theory yes but I think there will always be durability issues with running QBs based on the hits they take. Remember when running QBs were the future in 2002 when Vick, McNabb and Culpepper tore it up on the ground? It can only last for so long before the hits become too much and/or the QB slows down. Running QBs burn brightly but fast as well. Especially with RGIII, I think you might see him become a pocket passer ASAP before his knee turns to dust.

QBs who can run will always have an advantage but there's a reason that the Bradys/Mannings are still playing while the running QBs drafted later than them are already gone or on the way out.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,784 Times in 3,481 Posts

Not sure about that. I remember Dilfer tweeting out how the 9ers averaged 8 yards a play out of the Pistol formation in the Super Bowl.
    Guess I could be wrong. Just seemed like a lot of the failed plays I saw came from the pistol and they started moving the ball more once they went away from it.
    Ass pennies

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 539 Posts

I actually like Dilfer on camera, but WTF is he talking about? Jameis Winston and Teddy Bridgewater are more Joe Flacco than Colin Kaepernick. His assessment of where the QB is going in the future is fine, but don't lump Winston and Bridgewater into the pistol formation group when no teams would ever respect the backside against them because they aren't explosive runners. Winston and Bridgewater both posses the ability to keep plays alive with their feet, but they are NOT guys who look to use their feet. Bridgewater is looking like a top 5 pick because he carved up Florida from the pocket and if Winston can claim the starting QB role at FSU it won't be as a pistol QB, but rather a spread offense designed around his throwing ability. Jimbo isn't in a lab designing pistol sets for Jameis, and truthfully, Jameis isn't even the favorite to take the job next year.

Dilfer sounds like the moron who would compare Brian Hartline to Wes Welker simply because they are both white.