Page 82 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2162
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phills14 View Post
    I'm torn as to who the Browns should pick. Mingo is intriguing but he's smallish and didn't have the production last year we all expected. Jarvis Jones had all the production but he is also smaller and has the spinal issue. Dion Jordan has great size and he actually played 3-4 OLB. I can see them using the pick on him but he currently has a shoulder injury so there is reason for caution. Ansah has unreal size and tremendous speed but he's pretty raw, 1 year of starting experience? 3 years of total football experience? Moore I don't know much about but he apparently played a little 3-4 OLB in 2011. Werner seems more like a DE in a 4-3.

Then there is another idea. If we use some $$ in FA to get an OLB we can go get Milliner at 6. Having Milliner at CB next to Haden would make us extremely tough to pass against. That should open up Sheard and the FA OLB on the other side to get to the QB as guys won't be as open.
    We can go so many different ways right now in the draft. Things will be much more clear once free agency beigins. As of right now my three favorite prospects are dion Jordan, jarvis jones (from reports he is cleared medically), and star.

Thanks

I still think it's doable to get multiple starters for our biggest needs via FA, then go BPA in the draft....so long as we only offer one premium contract. Something like this:
    -Guard: Vasquez (premium), or Schwartz (more cap-conscious signing)
    -OLB: Shaun Phillips (premium), or Quinton Groves
    -CB: Toler or Keenan Lewis (Lewis might be a larger contract)
    -FS: Phillips or Rashad Johnson
    P: Kevin Huber
    TE: Dante Rosario

FA signings like the ones I listed above wouldn't break the bank (except for Vasquez would probably be looking for a Ben Grubbs-type contract), would address all our major needs, and put us in a position to purely go BPA. We could still get a pass rusher type like Jordan/Mingo/Ansah (even though he's more of a 5 tech), and not force him into the starting lineup since Groves will be there. Or we could draft Womack and have a dominating OL for years, where Alex freaking Mack would be the 'weak link'. Or draft Millner/Banks, and let him start off in the nickel behind Haden and Toler/Lewis. They could even take a guy that nobody's talking about on offense, like Cordarelle Thompson, and now have three physical gazelles at WR for BW3 (I'm not advocating this move in the least, just bringing it up to prove a point about flexability).

Thanks

I'm still liking Ziggy Ansah more and more at #6 the guy is a freak....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kriegz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,757 Times in 3,474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mofire View Post
    We can go so many different ways right now in the draft. Things will be much more clear once free agency beigins. As of right now my three favorite prospects are dion Jordan, jarvis jones (from reports he is cleared medically), and star.
    Being cleared medically really doesn't mean anything. He was cleared medically at Georgia too. He still has Spinal Stenosis. Marcus McNeill's career was ended by the same thing.
    Ass pennies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 Times in 1,910 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalou View Post
    Being cleared medically really doesn't mean anything. He was cleared medically at Georgia too. He still has Spinal Stenosis. Marcus McNeill's career was ended by the same thing.
    I'm very hesitant on Jones. USC has a very good spinal injury department and they did not clear Jones to play. Even Lane F'ing Kiffin wouldn't let him play for risk of injury. Think about that!

I'd rather see the Browns go after someone else. There are a lot of interesting prospects out there but I have a feeling we are looking at Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah.
    Last edited by Phills14; 02-20-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,841 Times in 2,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phills14 View Post
    I'm very hesitant on Jones. USC has a very good spinal injury department and they did not clear Jones to play. Even Lane F'ing Kiffen wouldn't let him play for risk of injury. Think about that!

I'd rather see the Browns go after someone else. There are a lot of interesting prospects out there but I have a feeling we are looking at Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah.
    You have a good point and I think I fall in the line of not wanting Jones very much.. Too risky..

However, I am not going to make a decision based upon anything that Lane Kiffin does or doesn't do. The guy is a poison and he can't make a good decision to save his life. Jones held up in the closest thing to the NFL at Georgia; I'm sure the record at USC doesn't have much to do about anything for Jones' future.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

Honeybadger ran a 4.47 in a pre-combine 40

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Honeybadger ran a 4.47 in a pre-combine 40
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

i think if Ansah runs under a 4.7 it would be hard not to pick him, 6'7 270 and speed? would be awesome to see opposite sheard

Banned
    Thanks

posted in wrong thread but Jarvis Jones not going to do any drills at combine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Got a feeling we'll end up with Jordan or Ansah. I love Jordan and im pretty sure he'll be a star, and im very lukewarm and wait-and-see about Ansah. Thing is, i expect both people to blow up the combine and we all know how Lombardi loves his combine freaks. Given that, i think a guy like Jarvis Jones is way down on our big board.

Edit: should probably add Mingo to the list as well, he's probably the most likely of the three to blow up and post some freakish times.
    Last edited by howler1313; 02-21-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks

Kansas State QB Collin Klein will participate in tight end drills at the NFL Scouting Combine.
    Anyone have any interest in a 6th or 7th round pick.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,654 Times in 1,217 Posts

MKC tweeted that Barkley is a possible candidate at No. 6. Hopefully she meant 6th round.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I.K.W.T View Post
    MKC tweeted that Barkley is a possible candidate at No. 6. Hopefully she meant 6th round.
    That would be...hilarious.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post: