Page 20 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

Default Re: Who is our head coach in the 2013 Opener

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    I bet Gruden is going to Philly.
    Thanks, Florio
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phills1 View Post
    I'm sure someone has brought his name up and I'm too lazy to look into it but Brian Billick could be an interesting hire.

He was the O-Coordinator for Minnesota back in the 90s with Randall Cunningham, Randy Moss and Chris Carter. They were a very potent offense and set a number of NFL offensive records in 1998. He was the first choice of the expansion Browns but went to Baltimore instead and won the Super Bowl in year 2. While a head coach his team was known for their defense rather than their offense but his team was always well disciplined and performed at high levels most of the time (4 10+ win seasons in 9 years). He's a hard ass who demands a lot of his players and never looked happy on the sidelines. A good quality to have in a head coach. He's been an NFL Network contributor and does play by play for Fox. His coaching tree is pretty solid as well. Jack Del Rio, Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan, Mike Singletary, Mike Smith. Not all great head coaches but some of the better coordinators.
    Idk why I never thought of this guy, I think Billick would be a great hire. NOt because he already knows the importance of the AFC North and what it means to fans, but going off of that Joe Banner method for finding a head coach I think he fits most of that criteria (maybe not the age)
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phills1 View Post
    Was it Matt Miller from the Bleacher Report? He is the president of the Brandon Weeden Hater Club. No shock he thinks the Browns will be drafting a QB in Rd 1 next year.

Yes
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

El Campeón Dodger Champion Feed The King Champion Grab the Green Champion Pretty Kitty Champion Bubble Jumper Champion Master Mahjongg Champion HACKER Champion Blockdown Champion Find the keys Champion Pretty Puppies Puzzles Champion Mega Bounce Champion 2mazed Champion Quadratical Champion NtG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 645 Posts

I honestly know nothing about how well certain coaches in the NCAA will translate to coaching in the NFL, but I found this article interesting about Chip Kelly and his "mathematical decisions" to be aggressive in certain situations.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-...revolution-nfl

Thanks
    Thanked 4,457 Times in 962 Posts

NFL teams with coaching uncertainties already are plotting ways to talk to and try to hire Oregon head coach Chip Kelly.
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,117 Posts

Not sure what is worse, Bleacher report or Omri Casspi.

Anyways, my view on Kelly is tough. He only knows one offense, and it is a damn cool one, but that would require such an overhaul on the offensive side of the ball. Don't you think? Obviously Weeden has to go, but to take that type of a risk with this team is...scary.

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,855 Times in 784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsBoy315 View Post
    Not sure what is worse, Bleacher report or Omri Casspi.

Anyways, my view on Kelly is tough. He only knows one offense, and it is a damn cool one, but that would require such an overhaul on the offensive side of the ball. Don't you think? Obviously Weeden has to go, but to take that type of a risk with this team is...scary.
    I think his offense could work with Weeden and if not we could always take Colin Klein. Kelly offense requires its receivers to block alot and we have some damn good blockers in Little and Gordon. Richardson would fit in any offense so I see no problem there. Maybe draft Barner to be a change of pace back. Kelly doesn't seem to ever have good linemen yet they always run for a shit ton of yards so our improving line should do just fine but would ha be to do alot of conditioning to keep up with the fast play calling.

Thanks

Colin Klein in the NFL...

Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

I have mixed feelings about Chip. The obvious being his offensive systematic translation to the NFL and maybe Oregon's less-than-overwhelming defenses. He's a smart guy though and it doesn't seem like anyone is going to hold them under 40 points this year. That team is a well-oiled machine. I'd embrace it early on at least I suppose. I don't have that strong of an argument against it, perhaps weary of it being his first gig I suppose, like many would be.

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,855 Times in 784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Colin Klein in the NFL...

Who would you rather have if we got Kelly?

Thanks

I don't know who the 2013 coach will be, . . but let me be the first to say the new coach doesn't have any fire, his play-calling sucks, I'm tired of hearing about "rebuilding" and we need to blow this thing up and start over. (PS. I'm already starting to have my doubts about the moron the Browns will hire AFTER the next coach.)

Thanks

I mean if Haslam throws some fat cash at Chip Kelly, who can blame him?

If anything, it will get the Browns talked about in will get the Browns talked about in the national media, permanently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmhtfld View Post
    Geno Smith,Personally think his mobility would add that much needed scrambiling ability in that type of Offense system..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmhtfld View Post
    Someone who can throw at the NFL level.

Chip Kelly isn't running a collegiate system, if and when he does jump to the pros.

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,490 Times in 1,908 Posts

Grossi made a good point yesterday, if Kelly comes to the NFL, his offense is best suited for a dome team, a good weather team or at the very least a team that plays on turf. 3 strikes and the Browns are out. Regardless if he brings his Oregon style offense to the pros or changes it up, he will play fast. He will need at least 8 games a year on a fast track to make it successful. Hard to play fast when your home field is either frozen or muddy 3/4 of the time.

My guess is Kelly goes to the Pros next year and he's either the coach in San Diego, Carolina, Dallas, or if these guys get fired, Arizona and Detroit.