Page 25 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,370 Posts

Default Re: Who is our head coach in the 2013 Opener

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    If we want HCs on their second job, I think Andy Reid is the best fit.
    I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been mentioned more.

In 14 seasons:

- Only 3 losing seasons
    - Playoff appearances in 9 of the 14
    - 5 NFC Championship game appearances
    - 1 Super Bowl appearance

Obviously things have taken a turn for the worse for him in Philly, but it seems like a situation where change is just needed for both sides. I'd welcome Andy Reid with open arms in Cleveland.

Situational Stopper Dinner Bell Mel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been mentioned more.

In 14 seasons:

- Only 3 losing seasons
    - Playoff appearances in 9 of the 14
    - 5 NFC Championship game appearances
    - 1 Super Bowl appearance

Obviously things have taken a turn for the worse for him in Philly, but it seems like a situation where change is just needed for both sides. I'd welcome Andy Reid with open arms in Cleveland.
    Can someone please put a sign in neon with flashing lights at the top of this thread that Andy Reid was the REASON Joe Banner left Philadelphia?

I GO HARD FOR CLEVELAND! Ghost Writer's Avatar
    Thanks

Ay Mel, while were on the subject where can I find that picture in your avatar It deserves more scrutiny.... in all of it's awesomeness.
    I only want players who want to play in Cleveland!!!

GIFSoup

Thanks

Am I the only person who would rather have Saban than Chip?

In the NFL, if you're running a hurry-up offense and make personnel-package subs, you have to let the defense sub before the snap. With our team, I'd rather have a pro-style type like Saban.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 386 Posts

If I was forced to choose between Saban and Chip, obviously I'd go with Saban. You have to go with the pro style offense. But I don't like the fact that Saban just left the Dolphins. The guy has it made in Bama. He's not going anywhere, and I wouldn't bank on Kelly going anywhere but to an NFL team in a dome or with a high profile offense. I think we're better off speculating on successful coordinators already within the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dinner Bell Mel View Post
    Can someone please put a sign in neon with flashing lights at the top of this thread that Andy Reid was the REASON Joe Banner left Philadelphia?
    If people here are convinced Gilbert and LeBron can reunite, why can't Banner and Reid?
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 682 Posts

Reid looks tired.

Kelly worries me because it's not proven that he will have a translatable offense for the NFL, especially the AFCN. He may very well seek to prove that he can use smaller quicker players and system QB's like Spurrier. You don't really know. Even if the offense works out, hope he's got a competent DC. Kelly could be a complete disaster, or a home run.

Saban worries me less because he's more conventional, but you know it will be much less exciting. Saban is what the NFL is moving away from. That could make us hard to play, or it could make us irrelevant. It is in line with what teams have had success with in the past within the division.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    Reid looks tired.

Kelly worries me because it's not proven that he will have a translatable offense for the NFL, especially the AFCN. He may very well seek to prove that he can use smaller quicker players and system QB's like Spurrier. You don't really know. Even if the offense works out, hope he's got a competent DC. Kelly could be a complete disaster, or a home run.

Saban worries me less because he's more conventional, but you know it will be much less exciting. Saban is what the NFL is moving away from. That could make us hard to play, or it could make us irrelevant. It is in line with what teams have had success with in the past within the division.
    I think Kelly will have success simply because of his ability to coach up and motivate players. Apparently he runs phenomenal practices as well. Even if his scheme doesn't work out, he has the ability to be a leader. I think he is the kind of guy who can adapt his offense to be successful. Right now he does a good job of playing to his personnel's strength. I think that would continue in the pros. He's just a brilliant football mind, I don't think he'll fail. I also think there's a good shot he leaves. Oregon is in flux, if ever there was a time to leave it's now. It's also a relatively low risk move. If he goes to the NFL and fails some school would make him a big offer. If he goes to the NFL and succeeds he starts to build a legacy. Kind of low risk high reward.
    Ass pennies

Stylin' and Profilin' Juice Is Loose's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 637 Posts

Saban has already been in the NFL and it was an awful tenure in Miami. His drafting wasn't that good. Other than Ronnie Brown who played well for the Dolphins, Matt Roth and Channing Crowder he doesn't have anything else to show for it. He's better in the college ranks. Kelly is the up and coming coach that can adjust his offense. There was a Grantland article posted here not too long ago that was very detailed about how Kelly runs his offense. I have no preference as who I want to be head coach as long as it's not Nick Saban.

Didn't Saban also walk over one of his players passed out on the floor?
    “Take your comebacks, write them down on a sheet of paper. Roll it up tight, soak it in water, freeze it overnight, then jam it up your ass.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Saban has already been in the NFL and it was an awful tenure in Miami. His drafting wasn't that good. Other than Ronnie Brown who played well for the Dolphins, Matt Roth and Channing Crowder he doesn't have anything else to show for it. He's better in the college ranks. Kelly is the up and coming coach that can adjust his offense. There was a Grantland article posted here not too long ago that was very detailed about how Kelly runs his offense. I have no preference as who I want to be head coach as long as it's not Nick Saban.

Didn't Saban also walk over one of his players passed out on the floor?
    Saban came in during a time when Miami was in upheaval. He didn't do nearly as bad a job as some of you make out. Now I'm not sure if he was in control of making personnel decisions. If he was, he was bad at it. He had an awful roster in Miami though, I don't think anybody could have coached that team well and he did a good job of getting as much out of them as he could. I think he would have much more success in Cleveland. The Browns aren't in the kind of turmoil that Miami was in. They haven't been good, but the talent is there. They still have a few positions that need to be solidified, but for the most part they just need somebody to come in and coach them.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    Saban came in during a time when Miami was in upheaval. He didn't do nearly as bad a job as some of you make out. Now I'm not sure if he was in control of making personnel decisions. If he was, he was bad at it. He had an awful roster in Miami though, I don't think anybody could have coached that team well and he did a good job of getting as much out of them as he could. I think he would have much more success in Cleveland. The Browns aren't in the kind of turmoil that Miami was in. They haven't been good, but the talent is there. They still have a few positions that need to be solidified, but for the most part they just need somebody to come in and coach them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevalier View Post

That was pretty awesome.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevalier View Post
    Huge douche, but 15-17 over two seasons sounds like a dream to me after what I've been watching all these years. Browns haven't had 2 seasons in a row for a combined 15 wins since the 2001/2002 seasons.
    If at first you don't succeed, you throw the hammer down.
    -A.C.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,048 Posts

Saban went 9-7 his first season then went 6-10 because he had QBs like Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon leading his team. He's not a bad coach

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Saban went 9-7 his first season then went 6-10 because he had QBs like Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon leading his team. He's not a bad coach
    Didn't Saban have total control?
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you