Page 30 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

Default Re: Who is our head coach in the 2013 Opener

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Nick Saban is not coming here. What is with this stupid ass, nonsensical rumor?
    I got $15 that says he does in my bet with Rap Soda so I hope he does

Thanks
    Thanked 6,461 Times in 2,879 Posts

At least he would know how to use T-Rich.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Why should Heckert be fired?

He's done a very good job.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 797 Posts

I wasn't sure what Lombardi looked like....so I googled it. Prove It might like this one (what a tard).....

Keep Heckert, Snag Saban, call it success.
    Last edited by Lord Mar; 12-11-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: JIGO IS IGAYO
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : posts #37 rep #44

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lord Mar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,517 Times in 5,382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Nick Saban is not coming here. What is with this stupid ass, nonsensical rumor?
    Welcome to Cleveland media.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,511 Times in 1,913 Posts

I'd say those are conflicting reports. Frankly, I think Grossi has it out for Lombardi. Grossi was the one quoting sources that said "never in a thousand years...". I don't know who to believe at this point.

What I do believe is happening is this... Heckert can stay as long as he plays by Banner's rules and gives up the final football authority. Which will result in the Browns and Heckert mutually parting ways. I believe Banner will bring in a super scout to do all the leg work but ultimately allow Banner to make the final call on the roster along with the head coach.

I believe Saban is at the top of Haslam's wish list. I'm hesitant to accept Saban because he's a 3-4 defense guy. Runs 3-4 at Alabama, ran it at LSU, was D coordinator under Belichick which I assume was 3-4. Our roster transitioned away from 3-4 when Heckert came in. Taylor and Rubin are not great in the 3-4. We have no outside linebackers currently on the roster that would work in a 3-4. We are built for a 4-3 and have done really well with it so far. This is the kind of change that we all fear. We are getting close to something good here in Cleveland and bringing in a new coach like Saban with a new philosophy is doing what we've always done- scrap the plan and start a new one. Ultimately it sets the franchise back. There is no need to take such a drastic step. We are going in the right direction, don't mess with too much, add to it don't replace it.

If you want to change coaches that's fine, but don't find polar opposite coaches. Find guys who can take the roster and win with it. Don't bring in someone who needs to revamp it to make it fit his system.
    Last edited by Phills14; 12-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phills14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phills1 View Post
    I'd say those are conflicting reports. Frankly, I think Grossi has it out for Lombardi. Grossi was the one quoting sources that said "never in a thousand years...". I don't know who to believe at this point.

What I do believe is happening is this... Heckert can stay as long as he plays by Banner's rules and gives up the final football authority. Which will result in the Browns and Heckert mutually parting ways. I believe Banner will bring in a super scout to do all the leg work but ultimately allow Banner to make the final call on the roster along with the head coach.

I believe Saban is at the top of Haslam's wish list. I'm hesitant to accept Saban because he's a 3-4 defense guy. Runs 3-4 at Alabama, ran it at LSU, was D coordinator under Belichick which I assume was 3-4. Our roster transitioned away from 3-4 when Heckert came in. Taylor and Rubin are not great in the 3-4. We have no outside linebackers currently on the roster that would work in a 3-4. We are built for a 4-3 and have done really well with it so far. This is the kind of change that we all fear. We are getting close to something good here in Cleveland and bringing in a new coach like Saban with a new philosophy is doing what we've always done- scrap the plan and start a new one. Ultimately it sets the franchise back. There is no need to take such a drastic step. We are going in the right direction, don't mess with too much, add to it don't replace it.

If you want to change coaches that's fine, but don't find polar opposite coaches. Find guys who can take the roster and win with it. Don't bring in someone who needs to revamp it to make it fit his system.
    Can Juron stay if Saban is signed as HC? It could happen.....
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : posts #37 rep #44

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

Id rather keep shurmur if it means bringing in Saban and Lombardi
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FiveThous For This Useful Post:

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,511 Times in 1,913 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    Can Juron stay if Saban is signed as HC? It could happen.....
    Can he? Sure he can. Will he? I highly doubt it. A personality like Saban will bring his people in and his philosophy. Saban cut his teeth as a defensive coach, he's not going to leave the defense to someone who isn't one of his guys and he certainly isn't going to run a scheme he never has run in his career. If Saban is here, we're gonna go 3-4, have to turnover the defensive roster and we will let Jauron go.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phills14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What if we got Saban and then he brought Kirby Smart along with him to coach The defense?? Ive heard nothing but good things about him..I know they run a base 3-4 but im pretty sure Alabama runs a hybrid defense which includes the 4-3 sometimes as well but i agree i wanna stick with the 4-3, were a couple players away from having an elite Defense...

Also is Saban close with Lombardi or something,is there a reason why his name comes up with Sabans???

I absoultely want no part of Lombardi as others have stated he's a joke, and if we hired him id probaly lose faith in The Browns again...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nw220 View Post
    What if we got Saban and then he brought Kirby Smart along with him to coach The defense?? Ive heard nothing but good things about him..I know they run a base 3-4 but im pretty sure Alabama runs a hybrid defense which includes the 4-3 sometimes as well but i agree i wanna stick with the 4-3, were a couple players away from having an elite Defense...

Also is Saban close with Lombardi or something,is there a reason why his name comes up with Sabans???

I absoultely want no part of Lombardi as others have stated he's a joke, and if we hired him id probaly lose faith in The Browns again...
    They were both part of the Belichick regime here in Cleveland in the 90's.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    They were both part of the Belichick regime here in Cleveland in the 90's.
    Understand that but does it mean there close?? I mean just because they worked together doesnt mean there friends or are they???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

Understand that but does it mean there close?? I mean just because they worked together doesnt mean there friends or are they???
    If you watched that doc on NFL network it showed a bunch of them still being friends. I'd assume they probably are.

Can somebody give me a reason we should bring in Saban?
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    If you watched that doc on NFL network it showed a bunch of them still being friends. I'd assume they probably are.

Can somebody give me a reason we should bring in Saban?
    Understood and i did watch the Doc on the 95 Browns, but Bill Belichick was also a part of that Team and he supposedly dosent want anything to do with Lombardi and Hates him....
    So im wondering why people assume that if we get Saban we have to have Lombardi as well....

Id take Saban as long as we kept Heckert..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

Understood and i did watch the Doc on the 95 Browns, but Bill Belichick was also a part of that Team and he supposedly dosent want anything to do with Lombardi and Hates him....
    So im wondering why people assume that if we get Saban we have to have Lombardi as well....

Id take Saban as long as we kept Heckert..
    He may have burned his bridge with Bill, but maybe not with others?
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)