Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 2233
  1. #901
    All Star BimboColesHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,019
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,203 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)






  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post:


  3. #902
    Veteran elcheato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked 2,305 Times in 971 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    Ken Rosenthal reports the four-team trade isn't dead yet.

    Rosenthal reports that the Mariners have replaced the Rays as the fourth team involved in talks. They would likely get Rangers left-hander Derek Holland in return for whatever talent they surrendered.

    The Rangers’ goal in the proceeding is to get Justin Upton from Arizona, and to accomplish that, it seems they’re going to have to facilitate a deal that would send Asdrubal Cabrera from the Indians to the Diamondbacks.

    What’s odd about that whole aspect is that the Diamondbacks and Indians wouldn’t seem to need the Rangers at all, given that the Diamondbacks have young pitching to trade. However, it sounds as though the Indians are more interested in Tyler Skaggs than fellow top prospect Trevor Bauer, while the Diamondbacks prefer to deal Bauer.

    So, perhaps it all boils down like this:

    Rangers get Upton from Diamondbacks
    Diamondbacks get Cabrera from Indians, prospect from Rangers
    Mariners get Holland from Rangers
    Indians get prospect(s) from Mariners

    For the Mariners’ side, it’s hard to imagine they’d trade top prospect Taijuan Walker for Holland. However, Danny Hultzen could be in play. Jesus Montero might be another possibility.


    I'd do Cabrera for Skaggs or Bauer and Hultzen.
    The Mariners are not going to give up Hultzen for Derek Holland.

  4. #903
    Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,890
    Thanks
    1,212
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    The Indians would be lucky to get one top pitching prospect for Assdribble.

  5. #904
    Mmhmm. AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Always Online
    Posts
    4,007
    Thanks
    1,584
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 585 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    The Indians would be lucky to get one top pitching prospect for Assdribble.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    We have zero mlb quality starting pitchers. Lets go get a whole staff for Assdribble.
    Thought this was quite comical.

    Carry on.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:


  7. #905
    Veteran shoes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,300
    Thanks
    3,020
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,203 Posts

    Default

    Even though it's not likely to happen, I wouldn't mind if we still added Youklis in addition to Reynolds. This lineup needs all the protection it can get.

    The player I'm worried about most is Chisenhall at 3B. This is the first time in his career where he's the de facto everyday MLB third baseman, and I think he's bound to go through a slump this season.

  8. #906
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    3,757
    Thanks
    1,941
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    I would sign Youk and rotate reynolds and youk at 1B and DH
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

  9. #907
    Duh Amherstcavsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,917
    Thanks
    13,107
    Thanked 4,954 Times in 1,765 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    I would sign Youk and rotate reynolds and youk at 1B and DH
    No need, unless Youk needs the rest. Reynolds is not as good a defender as Youk.

    Rising out of the ashes

  10. #908
    Rising Star Nom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 612 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Disagree with signing Youk now that Reynolds is on board.

    There are GAPING holes in the OF and SP. Getting Youk would be a luxury at this point - especially with Santana receiving a lot of time at 1B.

    Let's fill the holes we have before we start adding additional guys at positions that aren't necessary. Remember how inflexible the roster was with Hafner at DH?

  11. #909
    Duh Amherstcavsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,917
    Thanks
    13,107
    Thanked 4,954 Times in 1,765 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    Disagree with signing Youk now that Reynolds is on board.

    There are GAPING holes in the OF and SP. Getting Youk would be a luxury at this point - especially with Santana receiving a lot of time at 1B.

    Let's fill the holes we have before we start adding additional guys at positions that aren't necessary. Remember how inflexible the roster was with Hafner at DH?
    I don't see a problem with it. Apparently the Indians have money, and there really isn't any SP that I would go wild over. May as well solidify your hitting, as well as adding another corner outfielder.

    I am very content to add SP through trades.

    Rising out of the ashes

  12. #910
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Adding a guy like Edwin Jackson would definitely help our rotation. He would be a solid 3/4 guy. Then trade choo or drubs for a young major league ready pitcher would go a long ways

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bkerr02 For This Useful Post:


  14. #911
    I just got a semi macbdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Woodmere
    Posts
    3,462
    Thanks
    1,978
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 678 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Quote Originally Posted by Amherstcavsfan View Post
    I don't see a problem with it. Apparently the Indians have money, and there really isn't any SP that I would go wild over. May as well solidify your hitting, as well as adding another corner outfielder.

    I am very content to add SP through trades.
    I would have to imagine that if the Tribe went with Reynolds over Youk, it was partly done with the intention of using that savings (3m this year and 9M next) on some player not named Kevin Youkilis. I know they say they haven't moved on, but as of right now I think they have. I would much rather see them save that money and give it to someone like Edwin Jackson.

  15. #912
    Rising Star Nom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 612 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Quote Originally Posted by macbdog View Post
    I would have to imagine that if the Tribe went with Reynolds over Youk, it was partly done with the intention of using that savings (3m this year and 9M next) on some player not named Kevin Youkilis. I know they say they haven't moved on, but as of right now I think they have. I would much rather see them save that money and give it to someone like Edwin Jackson.
    This is my thought - Jackson / Swisher are way more important to this team than Youkilis. If the diff between Reynolds and Youkilil wasn't huge, the $10mil saved should be used to grab a guy at a need position.

  16. #913
    Rising Star Nom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 612 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    All this Youkilis / Reynolds / Swish talk is fun, but the next 3 years of this franchise hinge on what kind of trades they are able to pull off. The offense is weak and the starting pitching worse. They need to get an influx of controllable talent onto this team.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nom For This Useful Post:


  18. #914
    Bring on the Tribe! Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    3,684
    Thanked 3,840 Times in 1,639 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    All this Youkilis / Reynolds / Swish talk is fun, but the next 3 years of this franchise hinge on what kind of trades they are able to pull off. The offense is weak and the starting pitching worse. They need to get an influx of controllable talent onto this team.
    This. We've got our young guys like Kipnis, Brantley, Santana, and Chisenhall, along with prospects such as Yan Gomes and Lars Anderson that should all be at a high level in three years time. Our pitching is what concerns me.

  19. #915
    Hall of Famer MoFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    10,625
    Thanks
    10,280
    Thanked 13,079 Times in 3,552 Posts

    Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Francona hired)

    Tony Lastoria‏@TonyIPI

    A reason the Indians may have moved on from Youkilis? The #Dodgers are reportedly interested in him to be their 3B.
    .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •