Page 68 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2233
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,425 Posts

Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Mark Reynolds signed, Francona hired)

Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    If you can get some quality SP from the D-backs, and you only had to give up Choo and not Cabrera, than this could be a great move for the tribe.
    I agree with this which is why I added the qualifier about it maybe being a precursor to another move.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks
    Thanked 6,463 Times in 2,879 Posts

Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Mark Reynolds signed, Francona hired)

Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    If you can get some quality SP from the D-backs, and you only had to give up Choo and not Cabrera, than this could be a great move for the tribe.
    It's almost like Danny Ferry is in the Indians FO right now, pulling this off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,120 Times in 3,898 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You say this to get a rise out of me
    Can say with a good amount of certainty that you're guilty of the same thing a few posts up.

What's the difference between just keeping him for this year (ie not getting fleeced) and getting Stubbs/Gregorius? Look at me and tell me you're happy with this trade and think it's a good one for the Indians. Be honest. If you guys really are, I won't say anything else.
    I happen to think it's a good deal for a guy that we have a 0% chance of keeping beyond this season.
    Last edited by MoFlo; 12-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

What's the difference between just keeping him for this year (ie not getting fleeced) and getting Stubbs/Gregorius? Look at me and tell me you're happy with this trade and think it's a good one for the Indians. Be honest. If you guys really are, I won't say anything else.
    Can you just do that regardless?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,434 Posts

Are you serious?

The difference is a guaranteed one year only with one guy who is a borderline all star at best vs 5-6 years each of two guys who are considered prospects of the same level that Choo was when he was coming up through the Mariners system.

So 1 year of production vs. the potential for possibly 10-12 cumulative years.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 3,096 Posts

A few days ago, the Diamondbacks said they wanted a SS for more than 2 years. Didi makes more sense for them.
    Indians grab Stubbs
    flip Didi to Arizona for Bauer and Skaggs.
    Sign Swisher

LF Stubbs
    CF Brantley
    RF Swisher
    3B Chisenhall
    SS Cabrera
    2B Kipnis
    1B Reynolds
    DH Aviles
    C Santana

Masterson
    Skaggs
    Ubaldo
    Bauer
    Carrasco

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    Are you serious?

The difference is a guaranteed one year only with one guy who is a borderline all star at best vs 5-6 years each of two guys who are considered prospects of the same level that Choo was when he was coming up through the Mariners system.

So 1 year of production vs. the potential for possibly 10-12 cumulative years.
    I know the farm is bare, but we don't have anyone who can come up and strike out 200 times like Stubbs without making this deal? We don't have any mediocre SS prospect to throw in there without making this deal? Serious question here.

Can you just do that regardless?
    It's a forum. Grow up and deal with it. Didn't mommy and daddy tell you not everyone will share your viewpoint in life?

Can say with a good amount of certainty that you're guilty of the same thing a few posts up.
    Honestly, no. I don't think the Indians got better with the trade at all. Dead serious, not trying to troll.

I happen to think it's a good deal for a guy that we have a 0% chance of keeping beyond this season.
    Agreed on 0% chance of keeping him. Fair enough.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,463 Times in 2,879 Posts

Where is J.M. Curry? Usually he posts this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Kinesis View Post
    Where is J.M. Curry? Usually he posts this...

There's a move I can get behind. Swish is one of my faves.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,531 Times in 5,383 Posts

I know the farm is bare, but we don't have anyone who can come up and strike out 200 times like Stubbs without making this deal? We don't have any mediocre SS prospect to throw in there without making this deal? Serious question here.

It's a forum. Grow up and deal with it. Didn't mommy and daddy tell you not everyone will share your viewpoint in life?

Honestly, no. I don't think the Indians got better with the trade at all. Dead serious, not trying to troll.

Agreed on 0% chance of keeping him. Fair enough.
    I have 100 percent confidence you didn't know who Didi Gregorious was when you woke up this morning.

Really not a mediocre prospect, just about anyone would consider him a pretty high caliber middle infield prospect.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    I have 100 percent confidence you didn't know who Didi Gregorious was when you woke up this morning.

Really not a mediocre prospect, just about anyone would consider him a pretty high caliber middle infield prospect.
    I'll concede that the only reason you're wrong about that is because 90% of my friends down here are Reds fans that never shut up about their team. Didn't you say he was a guy who hadn't learned how to hit yet? Exciting.

Was he widely considered to be one of the Reds' top 5 prospects, b00bie? Or better? If so, I'll agree with you.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,531 Times in 5,383 Posts

I'll concede that the only reason you're wrong about that is because 90% of my friends down here are Reds fans that never shut up about their team. Didn't you say he was a guy who hadn't learned how to hit yet? Exciting.

Was he widely considered to be one of the Reds' top 5 prospects, b00bie? Or better? If so, I'll agree with you.
    Yes, generally he is.

Probably 3rd or 4th behind Billy Hamilton, Tony Cingrani and maybe Robert Stephenson.

For what it's worth, they're moving Hamilton to center field now mainly because of presence of Gregorious at short.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

Yeah, they did. They also told me to back the shit up that I say. You come in to every section in the forum and pump the same shit out in every post. In here you admittedly said that you have no idea about prospects, yet you come in here spewing all this non-sense about a trade for prospects being a terrible trade. How can anyone take you seriously? There is a reason people call you out so much, especially in here, and its because your posts are terrible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 694 Posts

Suddenly I want to keep Gregorius and trade Asdrubal.
    "If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
    -George Clinton

Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Suddenly I want to keep Gregorius and trade Asdrubal.
    1) Arizona doesn't really want Asdrubal for only two years.
    2) Lindor
    3) Signing Reynolds and possibly Swisher, attempts at Victorino/Youkilis doesn't say trying to win in 5 years. It somewhat suggests win now. Asdrubal helps with that more than Gregorius