Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2233
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,625 Times in 5,413 Posts

Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Mark Reynolds signed, Francona hired)

Lohse seemingly wants to be out west, I think the padres lock him up eventually.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 780 Posts

Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Mark Reynolds signed, Francona hired)

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Lohse seemingly wants to be out west, I think the padres lock him up eventually.
    Now that you mention that I could see it. Marcum or Saunders?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,625 Times in 5,413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Now that you mention that I could see it. Marcum or Saunders?
    Both
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Both
    I would prefer Saunders to Marcum.

We need a left handed starter.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,212 Times in 1,376 Posts

I'd love to see Marcum and Swisher.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sgm405 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 783 Posts

The more I think about it, the whole Nick Swisher Grand Tour, that ended up only being the Tribe, was his way of trying to pretend he was legitimately interested in signing here so his agent could shop the Tribe's offer. Because think about it- every GM at this point knows the Tribe has aggressively pursued him, and that if he wanted to be here, he would be here. So I could easily see his agent saying to a team like Texas, 'I have this 4/50m offer on the table and you have to beat it' and the other GM saying 'why do I have to beat a deal I know your client won't take, even if I don't match?' I also think he has really been hoping that a California team would finally step up, and obviously that is not happening. In his defense, his wife and kid are in Cali, so I can understand a reticence to sign with Cleveland based on that alone. However, the whole visit just seems even more contrived the more I think about it. The small hope I had of him coming here has evaporated.

The one silver lining to all of this that the visit may have sparked is if Swisher- whose agent, Dan Lozano, is a former Scott Boras acolyte- decides to go the one-year pillow contract and try his luck for a long-term deal next year. One year may be a commitment he is willing to make here. And while we assume that he may prefer a Texas in such a scenario, he may also realize that his value would be better served in a lineup where he is featured (like what has happened with Josh Willingham) and also avoiding the postseason, which is where he has kind of killed his value. Cleveland, on a one year deal, just may be a great landing spot for him if he decides to go this route. Interesting to see what he does, and if he tries to drag this out hoping for an Ethier deal or something to open up a legit offer on the left coast.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    I'd love to see Marcum and Swisher.
    Now that Jackson has signed, for a contract that I think he just might fulfill, I would be fine with Marcum. I just hope people aren't expecting him to keep up his numbers, he is a guy who to me has always outperformed his abilities- which is a good player to have until you jack up his expectations. I do want him over, Saunders though- while a lefty for the rotation is something to be desired, if said lefty is a full run worse per game than Shaun Marcum then I don't see the point.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,471 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macbdog View Post
    The more I think about it, the whole Nick Swisher Grand Tour, that ended up only being the Tribe, was his way of trying to pretend he was legitimately interested in signing here so his agent could shop the Tribe's offer. Because think about it- every GM at this point knows the Tribe has aggressively pursued him, and that if he wanted to be here, he would be here. So I could easily see his agent saying to a team like Texas, 'I have this 4/50m offer on the table and you have to beat it' and the other GM saying 'why do I have to beat a deal I know your client won't take, even if I don't match?' I also think he has really been hoping that a California team would finally step up, and obviously that is not happening. In his defense, his wife and kid are in Cali, so I can understand a reticence to sign with Cleveland based on that alone. However, the whole visit just seems even more contrived the more I think about it. The small hope I had of him coming here has evaporated.

The one silver lining to all of this that the visit may have sparked is if Swisher- whose agent, Dan Lozano, is a former Scott Boras acolyte- decides to go the one-year pillow contract and try his luck for a long-term deal next year. One year may be a commitment he is willing to make here. And while we assume that he may prefer a Texas in such a scenario, he may also realize that his value would be better served in a lineup where he is featured (like what has happened with Josh Willingham) and also avoiding the postseason, which is where he has kind of killed his value. Cleveland, on a one year deal, just may be a great landing spot for him if he decides to go this route. Interesting to see what he does, and if he tries to drag this out hoping for an Ethier deal or something to open up a legit offer on the left coast.
    It should be fairly clear to anyone that Swisher doesn'twant to sign with Cleveland, and every day that passes without an announcement should be evidence of that. He could have signed with us weeks ago. He is clearly waiting to see ifanyone can better Cleveland's offer before he resigns himself into accepting it.

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 429 Posts

Also am wondering if this whole Mike Napoli fiasco with Boston isn't playing some role in this lengthy drama. If it falls through you'd have to think Boston is gonna swoop up and outbid us for Swisher.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,294 Times in 1,418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSeats626 View Post
    Also am wondering if this whole Mike Napoli fiasco with Boston isn't playing some role in this lengthy drama. If it falls through you'd have to think Boston is gonna swoop up and outbid us for Swisher.
    Nice try, Lastoria

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,212 Times in 1,376 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macbdog View Post
    Now that Jackson has signed, for a contract that I think he just might fulfill, I would be fine with Marcum. I just hope people aren't expecting him to keep up his numbers, he is a guy who to me has always outperformed his abilities- which is a good player to have until you jack up his expectations. I do want him over, Saunders though- while a lefty for the rotation is something to be desired, if said lefty is a full run worse per game than Shaun Marcum then I don't see the point.
    Why wouldn't we expect his numbers to stay the same? Each of the past four seasons Marcum has had a sub-4.00 ERA. Two of those seasons were in the AL. The only question with Marcum is durability - he's only hit 200 IP once in his career.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,573 Posts

Seriously though, screw Nick Swisher and his frat boy douche nozzle..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hefner_Deezy View Post

So he is really signing today?!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bushwick_bill View Post
    So he is really signing today?!
    I sure to hell hope not. This would screw us over big time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hefner_Deezy View Post
    I sure to hell hope not. This would screw us over big time.
    "Us" who, Kemosabe? You're no fan of the Indians. By "us", do you mean the Indians' thread trolls?
    "If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
    -George Clinton