Page 118 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2233
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Mark Reynolds signed, Francona hired)

Then kick Reynolds to DH and slot LaRoche in at 1B.
    If we call an older woman chasing after a younger boy a "Cougar"....... Is it safe to say that we can call an old man chasing after a younger boy a "Nittany Lion"???

Thanks
    Thanked 11,594 Times in 4,866 Posts

Default Re: 2012-2013 Indians Offseason Thread (Mark Reynolds signed, Francona hired)

Quote Originally Posted by jhard View Post
    Then kick Reynolds to DH and slot LaRoche in at 1B.
    No reason to believe he has any interest in coming to Cleveland.

It's more than likely Boston or back to Washington, to say nothing of the fact that the Indians need pitching at this point...not a three year deal for a hitter who's had 1-2 good years on the downside of 30.

They already spent their nut on hitters.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 569 Posts

Just watched Swishers presser, seems pumped to be here!
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Practice Squad
    Thanks

LaRoche re-signed with the Nats. Looks like they're going to move Morse, and the Indians are a team that could be interested.

Thanks

Morse makes $7 million and heads to free agency next year.

Not the likely suitor for Morse, but stranger things have happened.
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,842 Times in 1,641 Posts

Don't have a direct link, but I read earlier that we are one of the three teams reported to be going after Hafner.

I think the Minnesota Twins and the Tampa Bay Rays were the other two.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 688 Posts

I don't want Hafner back this year. He has not proven to be able to stay healthy, he's getting older, and his power is gone, which pretty much negates any reason to sign him at all since he can't play the field any more. By the way, this makes him a pinch hitter only in National League parks. And on top of all of that, we've already paid him NOT to be on our team this season. Don't waste a roster spot on him, IMO.
    "If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
    -George Clinton

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gunther For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    I don't want Hafner back this year. He has not proven to be able to stay healthy, he's getting older, and his power is gone, which pretty much negates any reason to sign him at all since he can't play the field any more. By the way, this makes him a pinch hitter only in National League parks. And on top of all of that, we've already paid him NOT to be on our team this season. Don't waste a roster spot on him, IMO.
    He's a better option than the current roster has to offer, and unless they can find someone better I'm all for it given their maybe 1-2 million they can spend on another hitter.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,704 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    I'm almost begging the Indians to sign someone, anyone, to be a part-time DH for the team on a one year deal. Doesn't have to be Hafner, but if it is, I'm not complaining. Having depth is good, and with the money we have left it's a lot easier to get a decent hitter than an effective pitcher. Our rotation is still one big collective question mark in terms of how they'll perform this season, so stocking up with another hitter with the $3 million we have left will help us cover for our pitching mistakes during the season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 435 Posts

I'd be on board for hafner for absolutely dirt cheap but if there are multiple suitors I don't see any way we sign him. Not one offseason after Grady took us for $5 million to sit on his ass all year.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,921 Times in 1,289 Posts

$1 M is the max I'd give Hafner. I have no problem using the DH to give Kipnis, Cabrera, Reynolds, Swisher, etc breathers throughout the season. If they do sign someone, I'd much rather see the Indians sign a player who can at least play the field for 30-40 games - guys Carlos Lee, Luke Scott, Delmon Young, etc.

I'm still hoping they add at least one more "reclamation" SP on a low-cost deal - Jair Jurrjens, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Erik Bedard, and Dallas Braden come to mind.

I still wish they'd go get Marcum and call it an offseason, but that doesn't seem likely now.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,655 Times in 2,601 Posts

Who was it that said bring back Hafner with an incentive-based contract? b00bie? Either way, I agree. $2 million tops, with incentives.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,872 Times in 9,228 Posts

Awful.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Hafner deserves a non-guaranteed contract. All I'd offer him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    I'm almost begging the Indians to sign someone, anyone, to be a part-time DH for the team on a one year deal. Doesn't have to be Hafner, but if it is, I'm not complaining. Having depth is good, and with the money we have left it's a lot easier to get a decent hitter than an effective pitcher. Our rotation is still one big collective question mark in terms of how they'll perform this season, so stocking up with another hitter with the $3 million we have left will help us cover for our pitching mistakes during the season.
    Personally I would rather see DH by committee, with younger kids given the chance. I liked Canzler, and would much rather have had him on the roster than Hafner. Maybe Canzler is only a AAAA player, but he seemed to be more than that to me. We know exactly what we would be getting in Hafner, and I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'd rather save that money for mid-season trade opportunities to strengthen the rotation than pay Hafner another penny. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
    "If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
    -George Clinton