Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

okc is giving hasheem thabeet minutes in a reguler season game, yes they will be interested in varejao

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,200 Times in 2,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    okc is giving hasheem thabeet minutes in a reguler season game, yes they will be interested in varejao
    OKC is a Contender. OKC has a lottery level pick to trade and a viable veteran they would need to move to facillitate the trade. They also have young talent.

OKC seems like a potential destination. It has plausibility.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,014 Times in 3,128 Posts

Boston would be a great fit for Varejao. It would require some 3 team trade. But he might be a deciding player for them in a series vs the Heat.

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    I actually like the risk they took on him. He sucks but it asked to just rebound and block shit for 15 min a game, he may be ok. Anymore is a bonus. They also have Daniel Orton to devlop. They might b ok but andy would be a great fit at this point in time.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

After that abomination of a performance OKC's bigs had tonight, they look like they will be in dire need of Andy's services. Perkins is just worthless. 2 points and 6 rebounds in 28 minutes lolol

Durant and Martin can score, and of course they still have Westbrook who I think is just a black hole, but they need some serious help if they plan to contend for the championship this season. Andy to OKC looks very possible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    Boston would be a great fit for Varejao. It would require some 3 team trade. But he might be a deciding player for them in a series vs the Heat.
    landry fields not looking good over here in toronto, we can make a deal.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic9395_2.gif

Thanks

who in the heck would boston trade.They arent sending pierce nor garnett anywhere. sullinger fitting right in and melo has a long way to go. too complicated. consider boston in a rebuilding while winning mode.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveIverson View Post
    Out of all the idea's mentioned I can see how Andy in OKC would be a great fit. I would be okay with Perkins, PJIII and Toronto's pick for Andy and one of our seconds. Either our or the Magics is going to be a fairly high 30's pick anyway. BUT idk if I see the Thunder giving up on PJones that quick they seem pretty high on him.

Pacers think Paul George is a future all star, no way they move him on his rookie deal. Realistically Spurs are not giving up Kawai Leonard. I do however see Danny Green being accessible as they already have Leonard, Ginobli, and Stephon Jackson playing large roles.
    One guy I really like is Chandler Parsons. He's one of those guys who can naturally fit in and help any team. Is long, pretty athletic. Can shoot the 3. Rebounds, plays pretty good defense gets some blocks and steals, even earned Kobe Bryant's praise after a game. I view him as sort of a Shane Battier/Bruce Bowen 2.0 More Offensive skills, less defensive obviously. Not as hyped up and valued as Kawai Leonard

Cavs Give - Anderson Verejao, Heat First Or Magic 2nd (going to be close to eachother anyway lol)
    Get - Chandler Parsons, Cole Aldrich, Matt Bonner

Rockets Give - Chandler Parsons, Lazar Hayward
    Get - Danny Green, Dejuan Blair, Heat First/or Magic 2nd

Spurs Give - Danny Green, Dejuan Blair, Matt Bonner
    Get - Anderson Varejao, Lazar Hayward

Spurs would be a perfect spot for Verejao. AV, Duncan, Splitter, Diaw front court rotation is potent for playoff depth. They are deep at the wing and can afford losing Danny Green. With Stephen Jackson as a fulltime 6th man subbing in for Ginobili and Leonardand Neal and Patty mills backing up the 1 and 2 Hayward would just be for depth.
    Dejuan Blair is frustrated with his role and as a future free agent the Spurs are definitely moving him this year. With Diaw taking his minutes he doesn't seem to be in the teams future plans at all.

The Rockets give up a talented young player, but get a fair return. Blair is an ideal inside scoring threat and a perfect fit next to a defensive minded Asik. Him and Patterson are a solid combo at the 4. Donatas Motiejunas is talented but extremely raw and nowhere near ready to play 25+ mpg as Asik's full time backup. Blair is useful there because he can play center as well. Danny Green would fill in as a less talented Chandler Parsons. They also drafted Royce White, Terrence Jones and Marcus Morris. I don't feel the organization views ALL of those tweeners as 4's. Parsons allows them to get some more minutes as they can use Carlos Delfino as more of a 2 to spell Harden.

Matt Bonner we can simply just buyout his cheap 2 year deal if we want. Cole Aldrich is basically just a big body. With AV Gone and Zeller as the starter Aldrich could potentially give Samuels competition for the backup 5, and if not he expires at the end of the year. Parsons is a perfect fit. With Kyrie, and Dion Waiters looking like an impressive scoring duo we don't necessarily need a big time scoring threat at the 3. Someone who can do a little bit of everything, shoot from the outside and play defense..enter Parsons. Much like a Nic Batum. Assuming we score a top 8 pick and get a guy like a James McAdoo, Alex Poythress or Tony Mitchell 3/4 hybrid to be a 6th man backing up Tristan Thompson/Parsons. Decent future to think about...
    you lost me at

Get - Chandler Parsons, Cole Aldrich, Matt Bonner

Thats not a trade thats a raping of the Cavs. to get a guy im not even sure could beat out Gee miles or even casspi for a starting job.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

To get Andy, I would take no less than Jones, Lamb, and the Toronto pick, and take Perkins off their hands. Andy puts them over the top. If they want the trophy, then that's the cost. I highly doubt that they do it, but that's that. I'll happily keep Andy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 543 Posts

OKC I would take the Toronto pick and Lamb.... No way they give up Jones also! Lamb Is the expendable player on that team right now. Av and a future first for Lamb and and unprotected Toronto pick would be nice
    #WeAllFromCleveland

Team Player
    Thanks

My trade:

Cavs give: AV, Miles or Gee, Magic 2nd round pick
    Cavs get: Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Jackson's expiring contract (waived and returns to SA)

Spurs give: Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Jackson (waived and returns)
    Spurs get: AV, Miles or Gee, Magic 2nd round pick.

I really like Leonard and I think he'd fill the glaring hole we have at the 3. The dude put on a clinic guarding Durant the other night and I think he'll be a major part of any team that he's on. I'd love to see him working off Kyrie and Waiters.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 841 Posts

AV/Gee/plus sacto pick for Perk/Jones/Lamb/Toronto pick
    When in doubt, step up the defense

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveIverson View Post
    Cavs Give - Anderson Varejao, Omri Casspi
    Get - Chandler Parsons, Dejuan Blair

Spurs Give - Danny Green, Dejuan Blair, 1rst, Matt Bonner
    Get - Anderson Varejao, Omri Casspi

Rockets Give - Chandler Parsons
    Get - Danny Green, 1rst Rounder

Spurs ARE NOT giving up Kawai Leonard. They could part with Danny Green as they have great depth at the wing, and they still get Casspi who could be a backup. Blair is not going to be in their plans and is definitely getting traded. Rockets get a down grade at the wing in Green to Parsons, but also get back into the first round.
    We could just buyout Matt Bonner he would be kind of useless here and only used to make the salaries work. Parsons becomes the starter at the 3, Blair could thrive as the first big off the bench. Keeps us competitive and will still net a top 5 pick we can snag a 3/4 like James McAdoo or Poythress.
    I don't know what your love affair with Chandler Parsons is all about, but please stop trading Andy for him.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TopGun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,312 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    OKC I would take the Toronto pick and Lamb.... No way they give up Jones also! Lamb Is the expendable player on that team right now. Av and a future first for Lamb and and unprotected Toronto pick would be nice
    They're not giving up Lamb. Lamb is the long term piece they got back in that Harden trade seeing that Kevin Martin is a free agent after this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 841 Posts

AV would be a great insurance policy to Bogut and would be a great fit to GS. I would do AV/Sacto pick for Biedrins and Barnes.
    When in doubt, step up the defense