Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

The best trade we can make is one with OKC.

With that said I can't see them willing to do the trade unless they are "struggling" around deadline time. If they aren't one of the top 3 seeds then I can see the panic move taking place. It won't include Lamb though, and to think it will is just stupid. They got Lamb so he can hopefully replace what Harden was in a couple of years.

Jones, Perk, Toronto pick for Andy would be a great trade for us, and them. Maybe Martin and Toronto pick for Andy if Lamb is playing better than expected, and then the Thunder have a very good rotation at the 4/5.

Ibaka/Collison
    Perk/Andy

Personally I would prefer Martin to Perkins because he expires this season, where as Perk has multiple years left.

Leaping strong buildings!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,285 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    denver absolutely cannot afford to give up their only shooter
    Crap, you're right, I forgot they gave up Afflalo in the trade.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

With the way AV has been playing this year his trade value is high. OKC seems like the most likely trade partner. However hate to have Grant negotiate with the OKC GM. Not sure that would end in an even trade let alone a good one for the Cavs.

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 534 Posts

Still think we need a third team to make it work. Someone thatll have some desire for Perkins. Sadly i doubt theres a team out there like that. No matter how many other picks we throw at them.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveIverson View Post
    For the Thunder and Cavs best interest they should leave Kevin Martin out of the deal. He would only take minutes away from Dion Waiters. Martin isn't a swingman he is a pure 2, so is Dion, rather let him go out and see what he can do this year than sit on the bench. That being said Thunder still wouldn't give him up anyway. With OKC (Who is the most logical trading partner) I think your looking at Perkins and either Perry Jones OR the Raptors pick. Your not going to get both. I'd personally be fine with either.
    Only reason I take the draft pick is because this draft is loaded with Perry Jones Clones...James Mcadoo, Alex Poythress, Otto Porter, Adonis Thomas. Especially at around where we would probably be picking 4-7 range.
    The 28th pick and Perkins is not equal value for Andy, neither is a pick that might not be good until 2018, and Perkins. It's gotta be both, or no deal. In the case of Martin because he is an expirig contract then the pick alone is acceptable. You don't trade the best player in the deal and take on 9 million dollars for the 28th pick...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    Still think we need a third team to make it work. Someone thatll have some desire for Perkins. Sadly i doubt theres a team out there like that. No matter how many other picks we throw at them.
    Miami? Perkins is basically a bette offensive version of Joel Anthony... Don't know what they could trade other than Cole/Chalmers that has any value though.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,612 Times in 9,758 Posts

Best thing I think the Cavs could do is trade Andy to a middle of the road team for two consecutive firsts. Not sure how likely that would be though...
    I am also known as Liberace.

Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

BET SLOTS FULL- 6/28/2014

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OKC would be a lot better with Andy than they are now with Perk. So maybe Perk + Lamb for Andy + Casspi (Boobie). Lamb could play both 2 and 3.

Thanks

I doubt OKC gives up Lamb. He was a major piece of that trade. Judging by the 5 total minutes PJ3 has played thus far, he would be more likely to be traded. However, I give PJ3 about 10% and Lamb 2%. We want the pick, they wanna dump Perkins, and they need a big. Thats the pieces we have thus far, and I am not sure what else you could do to entire them into the trade. Presti is not one to rush into things.

If we could pull in a 3rd team we have multiple 2nds or late future firsts to do so. Not to mention some team out there could use the talents of Mr. Omri Casspi.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

According to ESPN, Perkins has a .02 PER.

Talent.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The only team i see biting for Perkins is Cha. They do have mullens and biyombi, but there one of those teams that need "veteran leadership". Maybe with a 2nd and the Kings pick or Omri we can talk them into getting involved.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,554 Posts

Andy is looking better than ever thus far. I wouldn't be surprised if he outdoes even last season. If Varejao ends up averaging something close to 14 and 14 along with defense that is worth mentioning in the discussion of DPOY, it'll be easy to get a lottery pick out of him and then some. That's really worthy of a top five pick. I mean, what the hell did Gerald Wallance net Portland? The 6th pick in the draft, which gave them Lillard! Varejao might lead the league in rebounds this season or come close to Kevin Love/Dwight. I'd love nothing but to see Andy go to a contender while we nab yet another lottery pick and end up with two lottery selections next season. We just need to somehow find that magic deal in order to get the right pick/players.

If it comes to the trade deadline and Andy is healthy and blowing it up, it will be a seller's market in terms of the Cavs trading him, and Sam Presti might budge on trading the Toronto pick and Lamb/PJIII along with Perkins for Andy and perhaps Boobie, Gee, CJ Miles, or Casspi.

Thanks

Trave Andy and our first next year #1 to the Twolves for KLove. Good enough for me.

Whatever happens is just going to turn into a trade deadline trade.

Thanks

An OKC trade hinges on how bad the Thunder want to genuinely compete this year. Andy is perfect for them because he gets you tons of extra possession and when you have volume shooters like Durant and Westbrook and even Kevin Martin, getting those guys as many shots as possible will win you games. They can wait and see if PJ3, Lamb and the Toronto pick gives them something solid in two years at the least...but that is two years you got Durant and Westbrook sitting their trying to do it themselves. Including Perkins the trade also makes the payroll stay down for the Thunder.

Andy is a proven commodity and the Thunder are contenders right now. The pressure is on them to win now while they have the window. Asking for PJ3 and the pick doesn't seem unrealistic to me at all considering what is at stake. Thunder want to get a championship, Cavs want as many rebuilding pieces as possible. Seems more realistic to me than this Parson or Paul George garbage.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rimage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Like another poster said earlier. OKC seems to be in the situation where the Cavs were a few years ago. That they have a few assests, why not go out and try to spend alil to improve your team.